Realty Trac / Misrepresentation

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I am disputing this transaction because I tried to cancel my membership on the 7th day of the free trial. I received a call and email on instructions on how to cancel my account on the e8th day. Additionally, I received a call from a Realty Trac representative that was
Trying to sell me goods and services unreleated to what the free trial was offering.
The solicitation was for entering a training program to either buy short sale home and use realty tracs legal services to make the purchase or become a research person to get money for finding houses for short sellers. The advertised product was simply what I though was the reputable statistical real estate tracking company. Since I only used the free trial for 7 days and get a delayed response in cancellation, then a call regarding a product and service that they are selling that had nothing to do with my free trial and they go ahead and charge me $49.95 for service that I tried to cancel in the appropriate time frame, I will dispute this transaction for misrepresentation of the Services rendered as well as many sources of documentation regarding complaints against this company for misrepresentation. I was unaware of this until I noticed that my credit card was being charged for one month of service that I was misled by their claims of service.

Do

Comments

• Fb
      13th of Apr, 2009

It is too bad realtytrac pesters you with phone calls on upselling. But cancelling shouldn't have required an email for further instructions, you could have done it. The terms of use for them is pretty clear that you have to cancel before the trial membership.

• Mh
      5th of Jul, 2009

RealtyTrac deliberately tries to mislead you by giving you a trial expiration date several days after the real date. Then it fails to send the confirmation email. Then it charges you for a full month. It's a scam to feed their cash flow needs that needs to be exposed. Their listings are fairly worthless.

• Fl
      8th of Oct, 2009

AGREE 2000 %

• Mo
      10th of Oct, 2009

I never signed up for a free website and they say I did. I canceled the realty trac and I thought every thing was ok. Then we noticed they were still charging. I sent an email, letters I did not keep the first postal receipt thinking that would be enough the magazine still keeps coming!!! The post office said send a return card they sign and refuse the mail. Again this month they sent that foreclosure report!!! I thought I was just paying to see the houses on realty trac and really it was some dumb website. I have two businesses that have company sites. I bought a personal site from Go Daddy long after I quit Realty Trac. f I needed a site I would have signed up for one. They should have access to show I never went to any such account. Now Citi Chase wants me to respond. Does anyone else think a class action suite might get them to quit? I will make a page on my site for complaints about realty trac. We get a free call to a lawyer with my legal plan. Let's get them to stop ripping people off!
    www.focusonlifenotfood.com Actually just go to the contact us or blog to let me know how they ripped you off!!!

• Va
      18th of Feb, 2010

Same deal here, I signed up and cancelled right away. I called the line and they told me no further charges would be made. I was continually charged $44.95 after speaking to someone from January to July of 2009. When I called them when I realized I was being charged ( my error! for not paying more attention!) I was bounced around, treated rudely promised a call back from the Manager, Michael, ( it never came!) and only refunded $44.95 for one month. This is after they had taken January through July out of my checking account. I am now writing the Attorney Genearal and hopefully that will help.