Readers Across America / Unauthorized billing!

1 P.O Box 11575Denver, CO, United States Review updated:

I was stopped by a guy about my age, I'm 18, and he was using cheesy pickup lines to get me to laugh and think he was funny, not to actually pick me up. Then he eventually got me to sit down at the McDonald's in a WalMart and told me about his program. I didn't pay too much attention because he was annoying and I wanted him to hurry up and shut up. Well he convinced me to buy 2 subscriptions to magazines and I told him i could only afford one and he said that I could order them and then cancel my orders later but that I couldn't be loud about it because his supervisors would hear and get mad. He said he would still get credit.

So I followed the instructions on my receipt and I canceled my order. My account was still charged and I never got my money back and now I'm still not getting any magazines, not like I wanted them anyway.

I couldn't believe I fell for the things that my parents warned me about. I'm a college student as well who barely has money and I am so pissed that someone my own age would do that to me who should understand that I'm in the same situation.

Va

More Readers Across America Complaints & Reviews

Comments

30th of Jun, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I just filed a police report thru Denver Police Deparment, 720-944-1228. Let complaine and get our money back.

• Ar
      29th of Jul, 2008

Yeah this happened to me to. I am still ticked off about it. I have called the number a million times on my receipt and still I have heard nothing from them. Well this was almost a year ago. i still haven't received any magazines either. I gave them $30. But get this another group of guys came over just recently and I told them that they better not come back b/c I have proof that there business was a joke. I just now got on the internet to see what I could do about it or who i could contact? I won't fall for that anymore. I won't buy from anyone i don't know anymore!!!

• Me
      6th of Aug, 2008

Yeah they came to my home also, I listened and was hooked. immediately after they walked off I googled Readers Across America and guess what I found? COMPLAINTS from all corners of the mid and southwest. Anyway I did as instructed, mailed in a certified return requested reciept, postmarked before midnight on the 3rd business day...well it has been returned UNCLAIMED, I am sure because they would have to sign for it. I have contacted the District Attorneys office of Denver CO., the Better Bussiness Burea and will again send in copies of the unclaimed cancelation. I have also notified the TV stations in my area and the Home Onwers Associations nearby. They are teaching kids to be ripoff artist in stead go doing a days hard work---just what America needs. We need a class action suit against they!

11th of Nov, 2008

There are many other door to door agencies other than Readers Across America.. I am a customer service rep for Readers Across America.. If any of these people didn't get their product please make sure to contact Readers Across America at 303-480-5044. This title.. Unauthorized Billing... Wow!! The customer is fully aware of the price of the product when they order a subscription. There is no way that we can bill a customer without their AUTHORIZATION as we don't accept credit cards. Please have any complaints directed to 303-480-5044..

11th of Nov, 2008

DISAGREE DISAGREE DISAGREE!!!

READERS ACROSS AMERICA is not a rip-off company.. All of the complaints above have been emailed and contacted.

IN ADDITION there is no way that we can do UNAUTHORIZED BILLING as we only accept cash or check at the time the sale is made.

We have many SATISFIED CUSTOMERS but you only hear about the ones that complain on these websites that Defamate the character of a business. Often times the majority of these people complaining have STOPPED PAYMENT on their checks which means we never even transacted any funds.

PLEASE DIRECT ANY COMPLAINTS TO 303-480-5044

3rd of Dec, 2008

For anyone who wants to contact this company here is the personal Cell Phone of its Owner, Marie (sp) Blackie (sp).
    1-720-628-1343
    She is open to all calls, so make sure to call her as many times as necessary. I was able to resolve all my complaints through this number!

4th of Dec, 2008

I strongly disagree on MR. I'M A SALES REP. FOR RAA. Readers Across America has debited my account back on May 10th, 2008 and NO MAGAZINES. but you better believe that they have my money.

4th of Dec, 2008

I strongly suggest that all the messages that i've left better have a good repsonse because I'm not happy. And if you have so many good customers. where is your website for good reviews. oh because you don't have one. and on another note, you make your CUSTOMERS write checks to a company RRA and your RAA then some bogus guy J. Mackedont writes on my check as if we are suppose to track him down. FRAUDULENT CHARGE. NO MERCHANDISE AND YOU TOOK THE MONEY. I WILL BE DISPUTING IN 10 DAYS IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU.

4th of Dec, 2008

WE SPOKE TO MARSHA TODAY AND ENTERED BRIDAL GUIDE MAGAZINE. IN ADDITION WE GAVE HER A FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO THE COOKING AND FOOD MAGAZINE SAVEUR. MARSHA SEEMED VERY AMICABLE AND WE APPRECIATE HER ALLOWING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE GOOD ON HER SUBSCRIPTION.

DESPITE ANY NEGATIVE POSTINGS THAT MAY BE OUT THERE... WE ARE WORKING EXTRA HARD TO SATISFY OUR CUSTOMERS... WE APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S PATIENCE AND ALLOWING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO SATISFY OUR VERY SPECIAL CUSTOMERS...

THANKYOU!!
    CRISTINE BARBOSA- READERS ACROSS AMERICA
    CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE

4th of Dec, 2008

TO ALL CONCERNED 720-628-1343 IS NOT THE NUMBER TO MARIE BLACKIE AS POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE. IT IS HOWEVER MY PERSONAL CELL PHONE NUMBER THAT I PAY FOR OUT OF MY OWN POCKET.

BECAUSE OF THIS MIS INFORMATION I MAY BE FORCED TO CHANGE THE NUMBER ON MY CELL PHONE.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THIS DAVID WILSON PERSON IS.. AND I WOULD LIKE TO POST HIS NUMBER UP AND SEE HOW HE LIKES GETTING CALLS ON HIS PHONE. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW HOW ON EARTH HE GOT MY PRIVATE CELL PHONE NUMBER...???

ALL INQUIRIES, COMMENTS, COMPLAINTS ETC TO READERS ACROSS AMERICA MUST BE HANDLED ON THEIR BUSINESS LINE 303-480-5044.

10th of Dec, 2008

A young woman by the name of M. Baldwin came to my door offering me magazine subscriptions. Initially I said no, but she insisted so much that she needed help that I finally gave in and subscribed to 1 magazine for 1 year and gave her a check for $31. That was back in Feb., 2003 and to this day I never heard from her or Reader's Accross America ever again. I contacted my bank about this rip-off and gave them all the information and the number of the check but they said they couldn't do anything about it, so I filed a claim with Federal Trade Commission 3 months later and they gave me a claim number but nothing good came out of that.

Reader's Accross America has been doing this scam for years now (probably under other names as well) and the authorities seem not to care since they let this fraudalent organization to continue.

10th of Dec, 2008

People that have been ripp-offed by this scam organization (Reader's Accross America) need to call the Federal Trade Commission at 877-382-4357 and file a complain so the FTC can look into this and stop this crooks from continuing ripping off the public. The more people that file a complain the more the FTC is going to stop these crooks.

Everyone that has been robbed by Reader's Accross America call the Federal Trade Commission at 877-382-4357

• Fi
      7th of Feb, 2009

I ordered my subscription in July of 08 it is now February and nothing. Shocking. I have also place two phone calls with no return calls.

• Dj
      8th of Aug, 2009

I have all my receipts for the magazines i bought back in june of 2007 its now august of 2009! The number I have doesnt work and its ###. I paid over $140 for all my magazines and still yet to get them! This company is a scam!

21st of Dec, 2009

Rhonda Reinholtz
    5031 Zuni St

Denver, CO 80221-1377

Job: Reading Associates of America, Owner

This is the owner of the company fromerly know as Readers Across america. She also goes by an Alias...Cristine Barbosa. Her brother Richard reinholtz also runs the magazine crew. If you search for their names on facebook and myspace (the alian cristine and the actual richard) you can find pictures of the crew members in addition to the masters of all scam artists. There are also pictures of their mom who runs the crew also. The address listed above is Rhondas home address. Hope this helps !

• Pi
      27th of Sep, 2010

This company is total bull crap, we ordered 3 magazines in March 2008 and NEVER saw a single one. Tried to call the phone number to get our money back and the number has been disconnected! DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!! THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND THEIVES THAT JUST WANT TO SCAM THEIR WAY TO GET YOUR MONEY!!