RD.com / Surprise / How do I know what surprise is mine!

I received a card stating a free surprise gift is waiting for you and when I went to the www.rd.com/surprise, I was confused and don't understand how to get to the surprise and the more I think about it, how do I know what surprise is mine, there was no number or code for me to put in, my name, etc.

Help smb!

Comments

• El
      11th of Dec, 2007

I also agree with the comments about the ads - I have been a subscriber for 35 years, and remember the days when you had a quarter inch thick mag with no ads. I understand the need for advertising to keep the mag price low, but the first thing I now do is tear out several ounces of cardboard in order to read the mag! I wonder how much cheaper the mail price would be for the lower weight of the mag. Also, why do I want to read all the insert material of medicines I don't take (if I do take them, I get the inserts with my prescriptions!).

• Th
      15th of Dec, 2007

I also received this card, We have been customers for many many years and now I am very disappointed and if a gift is promised it should be given and not some junk either this probably will be our parting of the ways with readers digest we do not appreciate false claims..

• Ru
      19th of Dec, 2007

I am so disappointed with Reader's Digest and this free gift scam.

• Ca
      24th of Dec, 2007

HOW DO U DO IT AND RECEIVE THE FREE GIFT PLEASE!

• Be
      30th of Dec, 2007

Well, I looked up the "surprise." And it was all a come-on. Shame on you!

• Be
      30th of Dec, 2007

What a surprise--really a come-on. Shame on you!126

• Mi
      3rd of Jan, 2008

I'm still waiting for my surprise and what's up with you guys. I agree with the others writers. Disappointed.

Miguel A Barraza.

• Ro
      10th of Jan, 2008

THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!!!! I feel a heart-felt appoligy to all subscribers would be a good start. Then a large donation to a well known non-profit organization in leu of their deception of a free surprise gift to the people that keep them in busness, US!!!, THE SUBSCRIBER!!!! This company continues to send gift cards out and deceive. THEY ARE NOT LISTENING!!! Alot of money flows through this company,SUBSCRIBER MONEY! I urge all of (US) to cancel your subscription. If we STOP the flow maybe they will listen.
    THANK-YOU.

• Do
      10th of Jan, 2008

I WILL CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION . YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLY NOT RELIABLE AT ALL. I HAVE BEEN TAKING YOUR MAGAZINE FOR EVER. I GUESS NOT ANYMORE.

10th of Jan, 2008

Readers Digest is getting to be worst then Publishers Clearing House with their nonence mail.

• Ed
      12th of Jan, 2008

After 4 attempts to enter the information to "obtain"
    this "Surprise Gift",

After three sucessive efforts to enter the data to receive the "gift", I can only concuude that I apparently do not know my own "e-mail address"!!

Someone @ Reader's Digest needs to check out their data base.

• Ha
      16th of Jan, 2008

I agree with all the subscribers complaints to Readers Digest. The CEO and Customer Service will offer no remedy to all the compaints. I ordered a subscription for my daughter for a Christmas Gift. I was billed 3 times in different amounts. Finally after 30 minutes on the phone with Customer Service, we agreed on a price. The price listed on the Web site is not the price they give you when you receive your billing. It is doubled. The magazine is 75% advertisment with very few real stories.

I suggest that all of the subscribers not renew their subscription next year.

• Ro
      21st of Jan, 2008

Sick of the mag. LOADED with drug ads then they try to scam us with the "free gift" that turns out to be a subscription. Last time for us.

• Cl
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I toally agree that this is a scam....shame of rd for doing this type thing...the company should be better than this..Next year, I will not subscribe to rd.

• Pa
      25th of Jan, 2008

Cancel my account # RDA/346518269
    You probably won't but I'll feel for trying.
    This will be the end of over 60 years reading. Now it's terrible. This scam is the end. Surprise, Surprise!

The last note was from Carol Slater, Nov 19, 2007
    Customer Service?

• Ju
      31st of Jan, 2008

Why doesn't somebody who HAS received the so-called "free gift" POST in here WHAT the heck it was and whether it was WORTH all the hassle?

Sounds like it's just a come-on to sell more RD books, and THEN you might receive a "free" BONUS book or item, ONCE YOU ORDER their books...

Would like to hear WHAT EXACTLY anyone received as their "free gift" and whether it was worth all the chasing around trying to "claim your gift by logging on to www.rd.com/surprise."

Surprise!

• Bi
      2nd of Feb, 2008

Don't forget to sue for psychological nudity!

• Na
      6th of Feb, 2008

I will not be renewing my subscripton, to readers digest, after this shameful bit of trickery, we expected a more up front and straigh foreward aproach from R.D. SHAMEFUL, SHAMEFUL, SHAMEFUL..

6th of Feb, 2008

I agree with the complaints about the card that came with the digest. I even tried to get on line for my surprise gift, but still didn't couldn't get on.

6th of Feb, 2008

I agree with the complaints about the rd.com/surprise card that you got with the digest. To me I think it's a gimmick to make you pay more for you subscription to readers digest, and I don't think that's right. Because I couldn't even get online either to try and claim my gift either.