RCN / RCN Customer service

Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
3.35
RCN is by far the worst cable provider I've ever dealt with. I was put on hold for an hour and still couldn't cancel my service. The friggin sales department on the other hand picks up your call in less than 20 seconds.

Don't even consider it as an option. If RCN is the only option, move somewhere else... Seriously, it's that bad!!!
Av

Comments

Se
  1st of Oct, 2008
Rcn is the worst they are really really are unreal do not sign up with RCN save your time and pay more with another company because RCN signs you up and then gives you the run around . plus all there tech support is in the phiplines I really never have been on hold so many times and I am talking days for help and still no help
Jo
  24th of Nov, 2008
ABOMINABLE SERVICE. NO RESPECT FOR CUSTOMERS. FAILURE OF TECH TO FIX PROBLEMS-- NO PHONE FOR MORE THAN WEEK. MORE THAN FOUR HOURS SPENT ON CELL PHONE HOLDING OVER THE PAST 7 DAYS.
Bo
  2nd of Dec, 2008
They have NO representative in the US... Not in Billing, Tech Support or Customer Service. But (surprise) their sales representative are in the US. If you want ANYTHING done you have to yell at these people and complain enough to talk to a manager (located offshore) and they can give you SOMEWHAT accurate information about your account and why your service is not working (which is also HORRIBLE.) Most of the time if you want to get a technician out you feel like you're' pulling teeth and then when they finally put out a workorder it takes at least 3-5 days to get a guy out there. Thats a LONG time to go without cable, internet or phone.

RCN took over our building 2 years ago so we are all stuck with this lousy company. I have at least 10 friends that CAN'T STAND their customer service and would rather go without cable than deal with this headache.

DO NOT use this company. I am paying more money now to step outside of my building's contract to go with an American-based company and its TOTALLY worth it! Essentially I'm still paying for RCN (through my assessments) but I would rather pay them and not use their service than to EVER have them as my provider again.

STAY CLEAR OF RCN!!!
Un
  18th of May, 2009
HELLL RCN IS BAD SERIVE AND THE CUSTOMERS SERVICE IS VERY RUDE THEN I TOLD THEM I WOULD COMPLAINT TO THE GOVERNMENT THIS GUY THEN SCARE SO AFTER THEN I TALKED TO SUPERVISOR. BAD BAD BAD SERVICE DON'T GET RCN STAY OUT FROM RCN

RCN Telecom Services Logo RCN Telecom Services