RCI / rci robbing customers

United States Review updated:
I have used rci very much over the past years. When I first saw the cheating I thought it might have been a mistake. But the mistakes are continuous. The sole purpose of rci is to rob as much money from customers as possible and then everyone doesnt respond. Rci has a class action which claims rci is renting out properties that they shouldnt. Over the last 8 months I have been addressing illegal people being at my resort. Read below. Below is the recent letter that I sent rci. Check everything that you do with rci. Anything bad about rci, let everybody know by writing in sites like this. Good luck
03/25/08 dear rci feedback, I am leaving town saturday and I dont think I will have internet. I would like a response from mr. Balotti and mr. Ruff by friday evening. Mr. Ruff has had the case for weeks so he should be able to answer all questions in two days. He threatens me in a letter and he doesnt leave his email address so he doesnt have to answer questions. Please tell him to email me when he has answered the simple questions that I asked. Thank you. Joe walsh being my friends paid for airfare and fishing charters they want a response also. Thank you.

To: rci. Feedback@rci.com
Subject: re: your rci account
Date: wed, 25 mar 2009 18:54:07 +0000
03/25/09 dear rci feedback, over 8 months I have been cheated, lied to, not responded to and threatened by richard ruff. Richard ruff and other rci employees have caused severe stress and aggravation to me and friends by intentionally taking a very long time to respond and still not answering critical questions. For 2 weeks I have been telling various rci employees that mr. Balotti, ceo, must know what is going on. I need a confirmation that you are getting this to mr. Balotti immediately. I and friends are intensely angered by this situation. Please respond and confirm shortly. Thank you. Joe walsh ps please email below to mr. Ruff asap. Please ask him to respond to me on email. Ask him to answer the questions that he still has not responded to asap. Thanks again

To: rci. Feedback@rci.com
Subject: re: your rci account this is an updated letter with more questions rci has not responded
Date: wed, 25 mar 2009 17:11:57 +0000 to. Mr. Balotti, ceo, must get letter. I need confirmation of this. Thanks
03/25/09 this letter is in response to your letter of march 25. As I addressed to you previously, I believe that these issues are so critical and rci still hasnt addressed issues that it is critical that mr. Balotti read this letter and respond. First of all my anger is because rci repeatedly does not respond to questions and crimes. After 8 months your letter does not respond to the issues I raised. Kindly read the following carefully and respond to every issue not just the issues that you want to respond to. Let us take last case for example. Below is melinda kelsey's response of feb 26. As you can see she stressed the urgency of the matter. Erin rader took the case several days later. Airfares and fishing charters have been paid for in hawaii. From feb 26 until today melinda kelsey and erin rader did not say one word about the situation. Why did you take so long to respond about critical issue? 3 different times I called rci weeks and they said they would email erin and her supervisor for response. No response. Why no response? Also you did not address the lie of melinda kelsey to cancel weeks in hawaii. Below is letter to erin on 3/23.in it you will see the lie of melinda. Why did she lie? The charges of 164 and 547 are for hawaii. A rci girl said I had to pay this amount for hawaii, so I paid it and charges have not been cancelled. The charges were removed from the weeks I had because even until your letter you have not addressed the crimes. Please explain clearly to me why rci did not respond to american express about the charges. It is your direct fault that charges were removed. I showed rci that there were people illegally in my unit. I also showed rci repeatedly that the resort refused to respond. All I asked rci was to tell me what they showed for weeks. When I wrote letter I wasnt aware of class action against you for renting properties that you shouldnt have. Rci realized that crimes were committed so they did not say one word about the crimes nor what their records showed.in all the time you took, you did not address the issue. Rci has direct responsibility of whom is in my unit. As for turkey I was told by three different rci people that breakfast was included. When I got there, I was told breakfast was not included.in the evidence I sent repeated emails to rci with no response. Why no response? From turkey I called rci to resolve and I was told I should get breakfast. I still did not get breakfast and still no response from repeated emails. On the official rci confirmation there was no points listed nor breakfast shown.in actuality I should not have been charged any points. Is this correct? I also addressed the obvious and intentional overcharge of 115, 000 points for one small room outside the city in off season. David albright or you have not addressed the intentional crime. Why not? All david said was that he was going to give me back points and end of case. Orbitz also did not respond to crime. I sent david and rci my bills for breakfast and telephone charges and not one word was said by rci. Why not? Also the resort promised pool and bus to the city. Neither one existed. Pool was down. I addressed this with rci and again no response. Why not? The last time I dealt with rci partners I was intentionally charged 150 dollars more than what was agreed to by rci. I explained this to rental company and they agreed I was overcharged and they gave me credit. The evidence is plain to see. My vacation was completely ruined because rci left me hanging. Any dispute to what I said? I also addressed to you the week that completely disappeared when it was transferred from wyndham to rci. These are weeks that rci does not allow us to see on the internet. Why is this? Why is it that most of the weeks that I have I cant see on the internet? After the week disappeared a supervisor said these things happen. I told rci 4 years ago that we should see everything we own and nothing has changed in 4 years. Also, the internet to rci is ridiculous. A rci employee said the same. Internal errors, cant do what you requested, call rci for help. These are exactly the errors that I saw four years ago. I have been on many internet sites and not one has had the problems that rci has almost on a daily basis. When I see the same problems that I saw 4 years ago, my educated guess is that you are doing this to steal weeks as you did once to me. Kindly explain this. Over 8 months, 30 hours of writing, and much stress for myself and friends, you still have not responded to the issues. You have not done any research on my questions so why did it take you so long to respond? Kindly respond and answer questions. Thank you. It has been previously stated to you that rci did not rent out your unit and your alleged credit issues are not with rci but with your home resort. If you wish to continue to use your rci benefits you will need to allow the charges to go through for your future exchanges along with the $547.00 to pay for the past vacations which you have disputed with your credit card company. Until this issue is resolved we will be unable to attempt to reinstate your confirmations. Since these confirmations have been cancelled, there is no guarantee the inventory will still be available. You can understand how urgency in this matter is important since inventory changes every day. We do want you to successfully transact with rci and encourage you to address this issue as quickly as possible. 03/23/09 dear erin, it is now monday evening and no response from rci or you. This has been from feb. 26 and if you read below melinda kelsey said this was a matter of urgency, yet nobody in rci has responded. Below is my credit card with charges of 164 and 547 paid to rci. These were for my weeks in hawaii. The reason I paid this is that rci girl told me I had to pay this figure for weeks in hawaii. Check the audio tape. The charge on 2/4 was the charge melinda lied about and said that I withdrew the charge of this day. Neither charge is withdrawn. The evidence of rci obstructing justice and intentionally not responding to cause many people pain because we have paid for airfare and fishing charters is below and other emails. Also, rci did not respond to american express about the charges and it is rci's fault that rci wasnt paid. My friends and I talked it over with legal help and what we are going to do is fly to hawaii, stay at resort for one month and bill rci. Rci made a mistake once before and cancelled my confirmation even though I had airfare paid for. Rci is not going to ruin another vacation. Again, melinda said it was an urgent situation almost one month ago and nobody from rci has responded. Your lack of response is also preventing me from taking other weeks. I want a letter from mr. Balotti about this situation. Thank you.

A  19th of Aug, 2009 by
My boss is trying to get OUT of his timeshare and it seems per an Atty he cannot??? What kind of class action suit do you have with RCI?
A  2nd of May, 2012 by
Here is my recent experience: RCI,

This is a follow up email on the compliant sent on Mon 4/30/2012 5:36 PM regarding the below issue. As of today I have not been contacted to resolve my issue. If anyone on this email has a point of contact directly please respond with the information. Thanks
The service I received beginning on or about 2 April 2012 with the RCI representatives and Customer Service Supervisor (Mrs. Venia) was a total disappointment and distress. See details of my experience below:

**Beginning on 2 April 2012 I tried to book Universal Studio tickets online by using my 60, 000 points and I was experiencing technical difficulties the error read "the dates I was selecting was during the time my membership would expire." I contacted the RCI helpdesk and was told that the issue was taken care of and I could go online and book my tickets within 72 hours and I would receive them in the mail (5 business days) on time for my family vacation scheduled on 21 April 12. I then went back on the site after the 72 hours and still had the same error on or about 7 April 2012. I then called the RCI helpdesk again and spoke with an RCI Representative who stated that my RCI membership fees was not paid for the year and that my transaction could not be updated due to this situation and also I would have to contact Crown Club membership services to correct the issue. I then contacted My SummerBay salesman (Mr. Durling) via phone (voice mail was left) and he informed me that the package I purchased in October 2011 included my membership fees for RCI exchange membership and that I should be able to book my tickets. I also called the Crown Club Membership services and spoke with a representative and they indicated that my package included those fees as well and I should be good to go as far as fees. The Universal Studio tickets could not be booked due to the turn-around of delivery of the tickets they would not get to me in time for our trip, this was due to the time frame it took for me to get assistance on resolving my membership package benefits through Crown Club and RCI.

*So instead of using my 60, 000 points toward the tickets (paid out of pocket expensive of $ 275.00 for tickets), I booked a rental car (SUV) with a RCI representative who had a foreign accent, she confirmed my rental information on a recording regarding my husband being a driver but my name needed to be put on the reservations as the primary driver due to all credit cards being in my name. Upon arrival to pick up the rental car on 21 April 2012 the reservations had my husband as the primary person for pick up and we had to pay out of pocket expensive of ($200.00) due to the reservation information inputted incorrectly. I contacted the RCI Customer Service Supervisor (Mrs. Venia) to assist with the issue while I was at the rental car company. She (Mrs. Venia) played the recording back of the reservations that were made by me and the RCI Representative and confirmed that the RCI representative misunderstood my request and put the information in incorrectly regarding my husband not being the primary driver for pick up but me. The Supervisor (Mrs. Venia) indicated that it was nothing she could do that day but cancel my reservations and give me back my 60, 000 points and $95.00 dollars and reschedule the rental for the next day. I indicated to her that was unacceptable because I'm Active Duty Navy and on leave which my leave days could not be changed and I had family from Texas visiting and that we were scheduled to travel on 21 April 2012 and was depending on that SUV for all of us to ride to Orlando, FL together in one vehicle. I also indicated to her that cancelling the rental car reservation would also affect our Resort reservations (confirmation #526335485) for check in on 21 April 2012 as well (reservations made with RCI as well).

** Me and my husband worked it out with the car rental company and paid out of pocket expenses that caused us a great finance difficulty for our planned family vacation due to the various mistakes of the RCI employees. I spent a lot of money in October 2011 purchasing my vacation property and benefits and I expected a Hassle free process when it was time to use the benefits I'm entitled to. Unfortunately, as you can see I experienced less than hassle free service.

**I then tried to contact Mrs. Venia via phone through the RCI helpdesk after our vacation to resolve this issue and to receive compensation and was unable to reach her after several attempts on 25 April 12. The RCI representative indicated she sent her an email regarding my compliant on 25 April 12 and as of today I still have not heard from the individual.

**The way the RCI program was explained to me by the SummerBay Resort Salesman back in October 2011 was totally opposite of what I encountered. I would greatly appreciate a response to this matter as soon as possible. DAWN F ACHANE, ACTIVE DUTY NAVY.

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] Logo Resort Condominiums International [RCI]
9998 North Michigan Road