Quiltednorthern.com / Rip off

Northern tissue has gone to 3 ply.What in the world for. The rolls are shorter and less 266.6 sq.ft. instead of 450 sq.ft PLUS $2.00 more.Another great American ripoff.They do not deserve any business and will not have mine after 50 years as a loyal consumer.

"This stinks" any other tissue than can compare to old northern will be just fine. I can pay $4.00 for a gallon of milk but $10.00 for tissue - no way.

Ol

Comments

• Gl
      14th of Oct, 2009

Northern is making shorter, smaller rolls, and we're not suppose to notice... of course the profit won't go to the workers, but the CEO's and their overpaid staff... will not buy Northern again.

• Gl
      14th of Oct, 2009

Why doesn't Northern think we won't notice the rolls getting smaller? Another big business shorting the customer, and patting themselves on the back for decieving us. Were is Northern manufactured? China? So they can make it cheaper? And larger profits going the the CEO and his henchmen. Its tiring trying to find companies that want to deliver better products at a reasonable price. Remember the saying "Quality is job one"? Now the saying is "Quality is job none"! I won't be buying Northern again!

• Ga
      21st of Oct, 2009

Until I got on this site I thought no one else noticed. Some of my friends thought it was funny but I do NOT. I have been a loyal Northern customer for at least 50 years and I am totally disgusted by this. How much did it cost them to reconfigure their machinery in order to cheat us? Gail McGinnis, Peoria, IL

• Ge
      24th of Oct, 2009

I DO NOT LIKE THE CHANGE!!! I HAVE PURCHASED MY LAST PACKAGE OF NORTHERN TISSUE. I HAVE USED THIS FOR MANY YEARS AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO A LOT OF PEOPLE, BUT NOT ANY MORE.

I DISLIKE YOU PRODUCT VERY MUCH

• Cr
      27th of Oct, 2009

I will not buy your quilted Northern tissue anymore. Very disappointed in your product. The shorter width roll is the pits. Better go back to the same regular width if you want my business. C. R. Payne.

• Ij
      28th of Oct, 2009

Surprised to find so many others noticed change in Quilted Northern. We have purchased our last roll of Northern. It is visible on the shelf if you notice, next to the other brands selling

• Mo
      2nd of Nov, 2009

I agree Northern size and quality have gone down the toilet. I have been a loyal customer for 35 plus years but I have moved on.

• Do
      22nd of Nov, 2009

My family and I have been Northern TP customers for 40+ years, but since they re-sized{shrunk} thier rolls, we will change to a more full-sized product. This was a poor marketing decision and will bite them on their rear in the long run; oh yes, pun intended. Regretfully, former customer, Doug A.

• St
      15th of Dec, 2009

The paper quality seems to have been reduced as well - you need to use more sheets per wipe. This stinks ...

• Fe
      16th of Dec, 2009

Now the tissue looks like I went and bought a no name cheap brand, If need be, I will pay more to purchase a product that fits my toilet paper roller and looks of better quality. Any one notice Target's house brand reduced also? I will no longer buy their product either.

1st of Jan, 2010

I am very disappointed in Northern for the sneaky way that you tried to fool us into thinking that you could get away with shrinking the size of a roll of toilet paper. I thought that Northern was an upstanding company, that is why I purchased theri product. I am glad that I am not the only one to feel cheated.

I will no longer buy their products until they can show me that they are again a reasonble company.

This is very disappointing to me and my friends

8th of Jan, 2010

I do agree you have made the rolls one inch shorter, why? You did not come down on the price. Do you think this is fare. I don't and it looks like some other people feel the same way. Now we are going to have to change. Because it does not fit the holder on the walls anymore. When you put the roll on it looks off. Big mistake people you are realy not helping the american people, you are ripping us off. WHY WHY WHY. Good-by you lose.

• Ol
      12th of Feb, 2010

WOW! I told my friends about northern tissue but some of them hadn't noticed the change. They do now. What a rip off. I am now stuck with 30 rolls of tissue . I have to buy in quantity as I am pretty much homebound.When I get these things it is always enough to last for some time. Not only is the roll shorter, but the paper is thinner. My mother always told me not to buy Northern products, but it has been a good tissue until now. I guess I am supposed to be stupid and not notice the lack of quality. There was not a price discount either. I think Northern screwed up this time!! Mother was right! Well whether it matters or not, I now have a list of many, many people that will not purchase this product again. Wish I could get my money back and purchase something decent.
    Sharon

• Do
      13th of May, 2010

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in to the out house with your favorit TP only to find out that you favorite Tp is no longer good enough to do the job. It is thinner, more course and not as wide. Remember to tripple double fold for danger of breakthrew. Guess it is time to dump the ole standard and go to a better brand TP. Ripped off again by the big corp. We now live in the third world of Toilet Paper.

• Gr
      19th of May, 2010

I have been using Northern toliet tissue for many years, I raised three daughters using it.
    Now, they have cut the width of the roll and it looks stupid on the holder.
    I will never buy Northern tissue again, I am now using Charmin.

• Ti
      9th of Aug, 2010

Everyone has already said what I'm disgusted about.
    Another "American " company socking it to it's consumers.
    I've already given up Puffs and Kleenex face tissues for the same reasons.
    Bad enough all our clothes are being "imported", now we get hit with our paper products.
    Shame on you, "Quilted Northern".

• Pa
      18th of Aug, 2010

The least you could have done is make the roll less fat and keep the length. After all, as you can see, we noticed.

9th of Sep, 2010

I bought the triple sized roll and when I saw the width of it and compared to other rolls it is 1/2" narrower! Do they think we are stupid? This is my last purchase of Northern!
    Anne C

• Pe
      16th of Nov, 2010

I had bought a package of quilted northern tissue toilet paper. It has seem to be not as soft. I have been buying northern tissues for at lest 35 years. I am really un happy with this package I bought. May be you can tell me why it is not as soft as it was in the past. Thanks, Peggy Mi.

• Z
      23rd of Nov, 2010

Noticed the cardboard roll inside the tissue is a good 3/8 to 1/2 bigger than the last package! So. Narrower, shorter, thinner, and now a bigger core! But same price? Butt, of course...