Pulse Telecom /long distance/ / Pulse Telecom Scam

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I made a horrible mistake when provided Pulse Telecom with my personal and credit card information.
Pulse Telecom has been harassing me for over one year with solicitation calls. Finally I gave up and signed for their service - wasn’t a smart move.

During about 3 weeks period they charged my credit card $140 while I used less than $15 for actual long distance. Arguments with customer service didn’t help – they don’t care and not trying to help at all, just kept talking about rates and prorates and different categories of land lines blah blah blah. Of course I cancelled their service.

But it wasn’t the end. When I got next credit card statement, I found more than $2100 in unauthorized charges from some unknown merchants. Further investigation showed that all of the merchants were from Russia and I couldn’t get my money back because for each transaction has been provided ABSOLUTELY correct information from CVV code on credit card to my address and zip code… I don’t believe in such coincident.

Pulse Telecom seems to be a group of cons whose only mission is to get your credit card and your personal information. Once they got it – they will use this info to scam as much money as they can.
Think about it – if they keep calling (from different phone numbers with different area codes) regardless of your numerous requests to stop the calls – they have zero respect to you and it can’t be a legitimate business. Normally, when you answer the call, no one talks – they expect you to call them back so later you can’t accuse them in any wrong doing.
Be aware! I think they are professional cons and they know exactly what they are doing.

Comments

• Pu
      30th of Mar, 2010

Pulse Telecom has reviewed your complaint on this message board and takes your allegations very seriously. As an initial matter, Pulse was unable to locate you in our customer database. It appears that you are likely an individual working for a competitor of Pulse and if you are unable to establish that you are a current or former customer, Pulse will have no choice but to investigate your actions and seek legal recourse.

With respect to your statements about credit card use, understand that Pulse has in place a top-notch security system through which no customer service representative is capable of inappropriately using any credit card information. If your credit card was inappropriately used, it was not the result of any conduct by Pulse. If you would like Pulse to investigate, please contact notice@pulsetele.com.

21st of Apr, 2010

Alexnormoo1 is just a poor scammer. Obviously he works for a competitor of Pulse Telecom and all his postings are fake complaints. No CS representative from no company can get the customer's CC information.

21st of Apr, 2010

And, by the way: I'm with Pulse Telecom since 3 years ago and everything is fine. Good connection, unlimited free calls to USA, Canada and Western Europe, no hidden fees...
    I suppose they have tousands of customers. How comes no one else's CC info was stolen?
    Ha, ha, ha... dude... it's a nice try! Better luck next time!

• Ir
      29th of Apr, 2010

I completely agree with the original complain. I AM NOT WORKING FOR ANY COMPETITOR. Pulse Telecom calls me on my office phone number (I have no idea how they got my work phone number), often it shows "Unknown number". When I try to ask to remove me from their calling list, they just drop the call. It happens 3-4 times a week.
    I AM LACK OF PATIENCE. Please help me how to make them stop calling me.

• Ga
      5th of May, 2010

I am filing a legal dispute with Pulse telecom. I received a call from their call centre ( in india) saying they have an offer for $24.99 / month with unlimited calls in usa and all over the world ( major countries- UK, europe, india, canada and some more) . similar to vonage.

I asked for a 2 week free trial and after much talks they agreed. I used it for 2 days and had a question so i emailed pulse telecom to ask. Now pulse telecom is saying we have no scheme like this and you show us the proof ???????????????????? which means i have to pay per minute for the minutes i used to call uk and usa.

I was very upset on this and told them your team is calling me and offering me a service and i show the proof ??? they said they dont sell the services and some third party does this - which means they are not responsible for customers joining pulse telecom.

as ridiculous it sounds, this is a horrible scam. if you guys faced similar situation like me mail me at emperorulez at gmail dot com .

Gaurav

• Gi
      14th of May, 2010

I don't understand what are you talking about. Pulse Telecom still has the unlimited local and long distance plan for one low price - $24.95.
    I have this plan and I can call USA, Canada and 16 European countries unlimited, for free. With taxes included, my bill is never higher than $30.00/month.

• Gi
      14th of May, 2010

@gaurav9: By the way - Pulse Telecom doesn't have the call center in India. It's located in Michigan, USA. I can tell you for sure because I have picked up the device for VOIP from their branch in Troy.
    So, I guess you are the only one scammer here.

14th of May, 2010

I’ve got a call today to my cell phone from Pulse Telecom, as a Russian speaking lady presented. They call me all the time. Every time I ask them to stop and explain that it’s illegal to call mobile numbers with solicitations. I don’t care if they are scammers or legal business. I hate when telemarketers disturb me on my personal cell phone at my expense. They know that it’s illegal, so how I can even consider trusting them?
    I filed my FCC complaint today. It’s easy. Go to the following page http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm
    and spend 5-10 min to punish these wise guys.

• Qe
      26th of Jun, 2010

All you here are bunch of scammers, or competitors.I have been with Pulse for 2 years now.I never had a problem.My Albanian community has been with Pulse too.More then 25 families I know here never complained.Some of you want free service does way you try different ways to get it.But you will never get it.Pulse telecom is not an owned American Company so you can, t full any one.Europians are smarter then Americans.

• Co
      8th of Jul, 2010

I received a call from their call centre ( in india) too that pulse telecom that companey scam and frud dont give you re cridet card number the are are bag mother [censor]er

6th of Aug, 2010

@Gigel..Am very sure Pulse telecom use Indian call centers and when we receive calls which shows "unknown" number that means the calls coming from Offshore call centers and i know few centers in India doing this campaign..

• Ne
      7th of Sep, 2010

Pulse telecom is real daylight robbery in America. I can proof with the comment of same victim like me. I recommend not to use this serviceto anyone anymore and to be aware of such pickpockets One of the Nepalese guy named Samir called me many times and disturbed me on job, duty, in study and even my sleep He requested me more than hundred times and I thought that my support contributes to add bricks to the Nepalese who are trying hard to do something in the United States. With this conclusion I decided to take the service but after several days when I was trying to make call in really serious and emergency matter back to nepal I couldn't contact and it was midnight. After two days of my loss I came to know that they disconnected me from their service without information. Now they are sending me bill of unwanted and incredible amount. I have been trying to contact to them for several days but they never receive my call.
    I recommended about 14 friends for this service unknowingly for moral support. So be aware and cut off if anyone using this service and I have been physically talking to nepalese communities about this daylight rubbery in America. Im trying to catch them and I'm sure that I can achieve my goal soon

• Ne
      7th of Sep, 2010

I absolutely agree with this comment. I already heard about the problem and many people are talking about the trouble caused my this name. I recommend others to be aware with such frauds and lets ignore and discourage them to cheat people like that. I recommend and encourage people(victim) of this service and claim against it.

• Aa
      14th of Sep, 2010

Its better to united together and share information about such frauds, ignore them and inform the innocents who have not been cheated by them. We also have to claim and sue the person who disturbs you by calling in phone.
    I will give helping helping hands to be in group together to do that as I have been cheated by the So called Pulse telecom and the name of caller was Samir too. He disconnected me without information and I was once in trouble.
    No one has right to disturb, persuade, entice, and cheat others even if its legal
    Lets do it as soon as possible
    Im not related to any such communications to compete them. I was one of the foolish guys like you because I agreed to do what they said for moral support to the Nepalese FRAUDS.
    I have my own lawyer so I'm going to talk about my problem as soon as possible. If you want agree with me, Please write to me at romanchhetri88@yahoo.com

• Mo
      16th of Sep, 2010

Hi friends! I'm surprise to know that you have been cheated by the pulse telecom. They did the same to me too by the Same name "Samir". He told that he was calling from Mechigan and I also informed and recomended about 26 friends like you did. They cut off mine too without information. Finally they send me the bill of $62 to me which is totally fake. I never used such amount. So I"m also one of the victims like you guys. Lets share information to all the friends who have been cheated as one of your friends said above and launch a legal process against such fraud.
    Im from Neapal too I heard about the way of swindling people by this telecom and I went through its website today.
    My name is Moti Adhikari
    They disturbed me a lots everywhere. So I also agreed to use the service. I also sent email to the friends who gave the email address above please reply and lets do it as soon as possible Im also talking to some people against it.
    Thanks

• Mo
      16th of Sep, 2010

Lets print and keep all these complains above as it will play role to support our legal process against it.
    please contact me at druk_nepal_us@yahoo.com.

14th of Mar, 2011

Pulse Telecom has a terrible business attitude they only care about your credit card, they charge you even after you fire them over and over.
    They will not stop untill you sue them.
    I switched to Vonage because Pulse telecom did not a clear lines.
    I called and told them that i switched, they kept charging mty credit card, I called my credit card company, my credit card company disputed the charges and got the crdit, and on the same bill Pulse Telecom charged my credit card again. So agin I called them and my credit card company, My credit card company suggested to cancel the card and re-issue anew caredit card. I agreed.
    Now Pulse Telecom is insisting on getting paid for services they did not provide, and on top of that they keep on adding about $12 more on every account.
    I want to sue them for false charges and for harrassements.
    jhanna83@yahoo.com

• Ab
      2nd of May, 2011

pulsetelecom is real scammers in north america i live in alberta Canada and I did let them to carry my long distance just for 3 months after that they tryied to scam me ... I never give them any crietd number now for 1 year they ask me to pay them 1000% since I cancelled my service with them. They send me a invoice I returned it back to them without opening it or paying all I have to do is just write infront of the letter R.T.S ( Return to sender) Now they hired a lawyer to go after me for $36 ... and I will not pay them one penny. This company is a real scammer they will not give up and So I will not eaither. I hope any good lawyer to take care of them and I will give him all the invoices so he could sue them I will not ask for a penny Just he could take care of them.
    If you would like to contact me you can email me at : Abdoh17@hotmail.com -Sincerly

• Me
      19th of May, 2011

What a scam this company is!!! Calling their customer service line is just a waste of time: NOBODY answers any calls live. They want your credit/debit card to make payments, that's all. They threaten me with collection after THEY dropped my line!!! Five months after they dropped my line. I called my local carrier (AT&T) and was told that Pulse Telecom is no longer in charge of my long distance calls, and that I had no long distance carrier. I chose someone else, and I'm happy with it. However, Pulse Telecom kept billing me (apparently) for services I didn't have nor used. A rude woman called from them today and threaten to send me to collection for about $10 in unpaid monthly fees?!? She wanted my credit card over the telephone to "take care of this issue" or I "will face collection". She sounded Indian. I'm sure as hell I'm not giving these clowns my credit card number and/or any other personal information. I am filling a complaint with FCC, since these people went too far. So YES, they are nothing but a SCAM!

21st of Oct, 2011

Whats out this is the same company in canada name one king telecom / onekingtelecom . They use the website skypeincanada.ca
    They will charge you and you will never get anything. They scam people also with the activation fees. The name of the guy is TONY GARCIA . I would stay away of all those SCAM company ! I have to fill complaint against them to get my money back. They dont answer the phone number they have on the website, or the emails. So now I have to spread the word. DONT DO BUSINESS WITH ONEKINGTELECOM !! STAY AWAY !!