Publish America

Manuscript

3.75
PublishAmerica
California
My nonfiction book deals with childhood sexual abuse and is a serious work. Against my better judgement I signed with PA as I have an online Bookstore and I knew I could order copies and market the book myself, online.
My PROOFS just came in--emailed, of course. The manuscript they are printing is missing the final {2} chapters. They are ignoring my complaint and seem to think I will order the book the way it is.
Anyone with a similar issue is free to email me at Bearauburn@aol.com. I know they have had shady dealings in the past-.I saw one of their books, Intimate Terrorism (a nonfiction work on domestic abuse) and since it was an excellent book, I had hoped they were cleaning up their act. I am stunned that they would alter the book's ending and end it on page 91 with no resolution of the problem.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Books

Comments

A  21st of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I, too, am a victim of their lies. They published my book in March of 2009. After sending me an email stating they had sold ZERO books, after my first six months, I complained. It was only then that I received a check from them for $170. I have not seen a check since. We need to compile a list of us that are experiencing this rip-off, pool our monies together, and take legal action. Please feel free to contact me captmark435@atlanticbb.net

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree