Protection One / Poor service!
We signed up for Protection One in January. When we signed up, we asked the sales person if we could cancel anytime. He said "Yes, no problem." We paid an installation fee. In July of this year, we asked to cancel the service. We were told that we have a 3 year contract. Sure enough, if you look on the back of the contract in writing so small you need a magnifying glass, it says the contract is for 3 years. We called and said there is no way we would have signed up for 3 years. We don't even anticipate living in this same house in 3 years. They said we cannot break the contract unless we pay a $300 cancellation fee plus pay for the months we have already asked them to cancel. This company is a rip-off and extremely difficult to work with. NEVER SIGN UP FOR PROTECTION ONE. We've learned our lesson.
More Protection One Complaints & Reviews
- Protection One - Stay away from Protection One! 
- Protection One - Early Termination Fees 
- Protection One - Fraud and cheating 
- Protection One - Protection One Punishes Loyal Customers 
- Protection One - Service Contracts and poor customer service 
- Protection 1 - home security
- Protection 1 - The product and the service are both shoddy
- Protection 1 - Canceling Service is a Nightmare
- Protection One Alarm Service - customer relations
- Protection 1 - Shady Contract with high pressure sales