Protection One / Stay away from Protection One!
My wife and I signed up with them 2 years ago. We are moving to a new home 1 mile away. Their rep assessed our new house already equipped with a good alarm system and proceeded to assess us a new activation for $200 and also for every single window that are already wired, and charge us for a new box. Ultimately, they wanted a $900 to “transfer” service.
What’s worse is that if we decide not to use Protection One anymore, we are still responsible for another year’s worth of payments for the old house! They did not give us a copy of the contract, which apparently says that we’re locked in for 3 years! There is no contract termination fee; rather, they are going to fully charge us 15 months of cost ($500).
This is a highway robbery. A competing alarm company will charge only $20 to sign up with existing alarm system on the new house, with a contract that I can end any time.
I suggest that no one sign up with these crooks at Protection One. Go with a company that actually provides reasonable service with good price. Protection One did not even provide good service. When my alarm started to chirp in the middle of the night every 10 minutes, their response was to have us wait 3 – 4 business days until someone can come by.
Stay away from Protection One.
More Protection One Complaints & Reviews
- Protection One - Early Termination Fees 
- Protection One - Fraud and cheating 
- Protection One - Protection One Punishes Loyal Customers 
- Protection One - Service Contracts and poor customer service 
- Protection One - Stay Away From Protection One Alarms 
- Protection 1 - home security
- Protection 1 - The product and the service are both shoddy
- Protection 1 - Canceling Service is a Nightmare
- Protection One Alarm Service - customer relations
- Protection 1 - Shady Contract with high pressure sales