Protection One / Service Contracts and poor customer service
I have the exact same complaint that John Smith wrote about earlier. How this company can continue to treat customers like this in today's economy and survive is beyond me.
This is the quote from Smith earlier and it right on. Buyer beware.
Protection One is the greatest band of thieves to walk the earth. One of their greatest scams is to say you have to cancel via letter. They "accept" a verbal cancellation (calling an 800 number from your own home phone, they get your number even if it is blocked, you give your password, you state your intent, so they damn well know it's you and what you want to do), but then they don't tell you that you need to do it in writing, according to them. So they try to rip you off for another month or two's billing, which you don't find out about until they bill you
More Protection One Complaints & Reviews
- Protection One - Stay away from Protection One! 
- Protection One - Early Termination Fees 
- Protection One - Fraud and cheating 
- Protection One - Protection One Punishes Loyal Customers 
- Protection One - Stay Away From Protection One Alarms 
- Protection 1 - home security
- Protection 1 - The product and the service are both shoddy
- Protection 1 - Canceling Service is a Nightmare
- Protection One Alarm Service - customer relations
- Protection 1 - Shady Contract with high pressure sales