Protect America / Protect America is ripping me off and they'll rip you off too!
Beware of Protect America Inc, 5100 N IH 35 # B, Round Rock TX 78681 (phone: [protected]). Protect America has charged me a total of $213.84 for equipment I don't have and monitoring I never had. I signed up with them in May 2006 and they sent the equipment to the wrong address--big hassle. I finally got the stuff on June 9 and it was the WRONG equipment. At this point, they had charged me a total of $114.84--they couldn't tell me what the charges were for and I was fed up! I sent the stuff back with a letter of cancellation. I thought it was done--I didn't really expect a refund, but I was glad to be done with them. NO SUCH LUCK. On July 5, 2006, I received another box of equipment from them--I ran to the post office to send it back without even opening it. I also sent another letter of cancellation, certified mail, telling them I wouldn't accept anymore equipment they sent and that I wasn't going to use their services. The next week, I got a bill (dated 7/5/06) for monitoring; I decided to ignore this bill. Finally, today, 7/20/06, I saw that they have charged my credit card $99--a charge I never authorized. Basically, they have stolen my credit card number. I have disputed that charge with my credit card company and have filed complaints with the BBB, and Complaints.com--people need to know that Protect America is out to rip them off, not protect them.
More Protect America Complaints & Reviews
- Protect America - Save yourself a headache! 
- Protect America Security Co. - Borderline Fraudulant Co. 
- Protect America - Terrible company 
- Protect America - Cancelling contract within 72 hours 
- Protect America Inc. (Round Rock, Texas) - Service is horrible 
- Protect America - home security equipment and monitoring
- Protect America, - Did not honor agreement
- GE Protect America - I will steer any one I know away from their service
- Protect America, Inc - Questionable business practices
- Protect America - Bait and switch!