Projector Lamp Center / Rip off site

I placed an order with Projector Lamp Center at the end of November of 2008. They gave me excuse after excuse as to why they couldn't ship the product ordered for my company. Then I canceled and they told me in January they would mail me a refund check!! That is absolutely ridiculous. It is now APRIL 2009 and I have never seen my money and guess what else...

After much research and speaking with others whom have ordered from ProjectorLampCenter.com, we have found that Projector Lamp Center (which was owned by Sagerider Inc) filed for CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY on February 25th, 2009. Their bankruptcy case number is #07-71667. I've been informed my only recourse is to file a claim with the courts if I would like to try and retrieve money owed.

If you log into Projector Lamp Center's 'LiveChat' online, a rep. tells you to file a chargeback! They say they are under 'new ownership'. We looked into this as well... they are now being operated by a company called STAMPEDE GLOBAL. How is that allowed? When you take over a company don't you - Stampede Global - also take over their debts? Anyone know if we can go after Stampede Global C.O.O. Kevin Kelly for our money?
Here is their contact link: http://www.stampede-usa.com/pages.aspx?docid=124

Also, why are they (Projector Lamp Center, Big Screen Center, aka now Stampede Global) allowed to still be selling product if they filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy (which is factual, they did indeed file!)? If you search for projector lamps in google, they come up on the first page! Google should be made aware of this, I doubt it would make them too pleased!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE! READ THE REST OF THE REPORTS ON THEM! They have a 'F' on Better Business Bureau with 300+ complaints!!! Why are they still operating! PROJECTOR LAMP CENTER, BIG SCREEN CENTER, AND MOUNT CENTER (now operated by Stampede Global, C.O.O. Kevin Kelly) ARE STILL OPERATING ALTHOUGH THEY FILED FOR CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY!!! BEWARE!!!

Vi

Comments

27th of Apr, 2009

My name is Mark, I am President of Lamps and Screens Online LLC. My company purchased the assets of Sage Ryder in a public auction in accordance with the bankruptcy laws in the State of Georgia. The assets included the websites www.projectorlampcenter.com, www.bigscreencenter.com and www.mountcenter.com. Sage Ryder went from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7 recently. I will not go into the details why, however the Governor of Georgia's office, the bankruptcy trustee for the state of Georgia and the BBB are now fully aware of circumstances.

Sage Ryder went bust owing my company in excess of $650k, we bought the assets in the hope of recouping some of those losses by turning the company around and making it profitable again. The NEW Company has new management, a solid line of credit and a new mission to offer world class service. We managed to save and re-employ some of the innocent employees that were uncomfortable with the old management practices and re launch the company last week at a new location.

I am very happy to talk or communicate with any old customers that feel they didn’t receive satisfaction and direct them to the relevant authorities. My email address is mark@lasollc.com, please feel free to email me with a phone number and I will gladly speak with you.

As the new owners, we will try and point you in the right direction to get some of your money back, as a returning customer we also will be offering a promotion that will be hopefully soften the blow. I ask you to please refrain from posting new comments until you have contacted us.

It is our belief that the old owners of Sage Ryder have set up shop again as www.projectortlampexpress.com their address is 211 Center Parkway, Suite 900, Atlanta GA 30346.

• De
      28th of Apr, 2009

Stampede Global and their new company Lamps and Screens Online, LLC are obviously an attemp to save their hide!

• De
      28th of Apr, 2009

These people are desperate! They are really Stampede Global from Buffalo New York! They started a side company in Georgia to save their butts. The new company I found, Lamps and Screens Online, LLC, was started by Kevin Kelly. Here is the link to the Georgia website http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/imaging/16097960.pdf Evidently Stampede Global is a wholesaler of AV stuff. Wonder if they are also having credit problems. RUN FAST!

28th of Apr, 2009

You are obviously the old owner or an ex-employee with a grudge. Please contact me at mark@lasollc.com to stop the pending legal action. The editor of this website has been informed