PrivCo / Deceptive Business Practices

When you sign up, they take your credit card number and say they will keep charging it until you cancel. Then, they make it impossible for you to cancel. I went onto the website to my account and sent a cancellation notice. It was ignored. I called the phone number - no one was ever there. They continue to charge and demand payment. This is a very unethical company. Avoid it!!!

Ja
May 11, 2015

Comments

• Wa
      11th of Jun, 2015

I would like to share my unpleasant experience with anyone considering subscribing to PrivCo.
    They use deceptive marketing tactics and once you ticked on the terms & conditions, you will be automatically deducted for subsequent months until you notify them in writing although on the subscription form. I had ticked on term 1 month.
    But beware of the auto renewal clause is at the bottom of the page. This was overlooked by me. An invoice and receipt for the 1 month was provided immediately. But subsequently they will take payments from your credit card without an invoice nor receipt notification. Unless you checked your credit card statement, you will not even know that they are deducting your payments. Further I would not recommend usage of this website as the information are not updated and they are many missing gaps in them. The sample format of the financial info may look impressive but the actual report for your requested companies come with financial data that are 2 -3 years ago.

• Mc
      24th of Sep, 2015

I had a very pleasant experience with Privco. I subscribed to their Monthly option and simply made sure I cancelled prior to renewal. It was made clear to me in multiple places that the subscription would renew automatically (both on the sign up page clearly noted on the receipt they sent me). I'm not sure why anyone was so deceived by this -- I spoke to a very nice woman on the phone who even confirmed in writing via email that the subscription was cancelled. I was never billed without my knowledge and think these comments do a disservice to the type of company Privco is -- they have been really helpful in providing financial info on private companies that no one has -- and I mean no one -- every time my team needed to work on a consulting project and needed info on the particular industry's privately-held players. I've personally recommended Privco to many colleagues and fellow consulting-industry professionals and I have never heard anyone say they have deceptive business practices. Anyone willing to put their credit card info somewhere online should be well aware of what the terms of the purchase are and what they are buying or subscribing to and I thought it was pretty clear from the start, maybe I'm just more perceptive?