Press Enterprise Newspaper / Subscription Scam that won't stop!

3450 14th Street, Riverside, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-794-6397

Today is Wed., 24th of April, 2012, and I am currently embroiled in a miserable scam by the Press Enterprise. I have been trying for over a month to get them to quit littering the street in front of my home with their papers.

I had ordered and paid for 13 weeks of Sunday only, and was assured it would end unless I called to subscribe for more. But it hasn't stopped and they have escalated to throwing papers in front of my house Th, Fri, and Sat also. I have called and talked to Frank Escobedo at least 8 times requesting that the deliveries cease and desist. I called Mr. Escobedo because Aaron J. Kotarek, the head of Circulation and Distribution, NEVER answers his phone and NEVER returns calls, and no matter how nice the customer service representative is, nobody at the paper EVER listens to them or follows through on what the service rep. assured me was "taken care of".

This is dishonesty and corruption to the core. Now the bills are piling up and I DO NOT WANT THIS PAPER DELIVERED TO MY HOME AT ALL!!! How do I stop this nightmare?

Comments

• Ad
      4th of Jun, 2012

I have the same problem. I can't get them to stop throwing their trash in my driveway every week. I have never subscribed, and neither have my neighbors. I have called repeatedly, left voice mails, threatened legal action, etc., but they continue to throw trash in my driveway. Every week.

It appears only a expensive lawsuit is going to stop this nonsense. See you in court guys!

• Pa
      23rd of Nov, 2015

Patrick Cavanaugh
    864 Bahama Drive
    Hemet CA 92543

I used to subscribe weekly to the press. I paid $103.48 per yr 2011 and 2012
    $78.00 per yr 2013 and 2014 This was a senior disabled vet special rate. I would like to subscribe but the prices quoted to me are beyond by affordability I tried calling but waited over 20 minutes and no one picked up I am 77 and only had my tv and newspaper for entertainment. Do you have any rates for people like me.
    Patrick Cavanaugh
    951-658-5323.

• Pa
      23rd of Nov, 2015

I am not computer savy my comment is placed above.