Premier Dead Sea Products / Can't Return the Products/Scam

1 Columbus, United States Review updated:

I was approached by a sales rep at a stand at the mall asking if I had a few minutes for a demonstration. They told me all about all their "wonderful products" and how great they were for your skin. I bought several items and spent about $140 at the stand and when I got home, they didn't really deliver the results promised, especially for the price. When I returned to the stand to return my products, they would not take them back. They pulled out a tiny "All Sales Final" sign from behind a huge mound of products and told me I should have read the sign. The receipt also had in tiny tiny print "No Returns" but I didn't even get my receipt until after I had purchased. I explained that I did not see this as fair and they did not care, they even tried to sell me $180 worth of "better" product than what I bought! Can you believe the nerve?!?! Anyway, this Christmas season, stay away from the Dead Sea Cosmetics stand at your mall!!

Ki

Comments

• La
      7th of Sep, 2010

i got caught by them at a local wedding fair.i was pushed into buying salt scrub and body butter, both of which i really did not want or need and as i was leaving the man called me back and proceeded to tell me i have bad bags under my eyes ( i dont) and demo-ed their eye cream on me and when i told him i wasn't buying it he pushed it into my back and asked me for 50 euro!!definatly not a good way to do business.

• Le
      10th of Sep, 2010

They tied to get me t pay full price for the products but I told them I didn't have the money for it. He then reached underneath and got out a box that was dented and sold it to me for hald the cost. The product works great I am seeing great results, even on the first try. Later I saw I can get the prices real cheap if go directly to thier website. Next time I tell them the price I want to buy it at and if they do not respond they way I want I know I can buy it online.

• Sc
      23rd of Sep, 2010

I can't believe I actually paid 70 euro for a pot of salt and a nail kit. I don't even have nails. Like a lot of you guys, I also NEVER buy from stalls like that unless it's cheap and cheerful. I was at Schiphol airport a few days ago, my plane was delayed and I was bored. Ideal customer for the Premier staff! A lovely, charming girl, offered to 'buff up' my nails and showed me how well it worked. She claimed that with their product I would stop biting, my nails would grow fast and the gloss would stay on for three weeks. The nail block would last forever according to her - even though she added a few extra replacement strips to the kit to persuade me to buy it - how peculiar. She also told me that if I wasn't happy, I had a guarantee for 2 years.

Then when I decided to buy the nail kit (only 35 euros! What was I thinking?!), she took me to the salt scrub corner of the stall and offered to "spoil" me. She put salt on my hands, asked me to rub my hands together, sprayed water on them and of course I couldn't believe how much dirt came off. And I bought into it - I wanted the salt too. Because the product felt lovely. And the girl was so nice to me, even though I didn't believe her when she said I would only need a "teaspoon of salt for my whole body because the salt spreads, so it would last really long" (I tried it at home, a teaspoon is enough for half a leg). And before I could think clearly about what I was actually paying for, she took both products to the till, quickly put it through while distracting me with her friendly chat about where I was flying to, where I was from and telling me how young I looked for 31. I handed over my credit card and paid.

I must admit, the products are very nice and without any artificial ingredients. The salt scrub reduced my acne, my skin feels soft. My nails look glossy and healthy. But I can't help feeling conned and scammed and 70 euros poorer for a pot of salt and a few nail things I could probably buy for a third of that price elsewhere. I won't buy from their stalls again next time, as they'll talk the money out of your purse for products you don't need.

• Vo
      23rd of Sep, 2010

My boyfriend bought me the nail kit for christmas which he told me he paid 25 bucks for (U.S). I liked it very much although the final step of the buffer ran out pretty fast, within a month or two. I avoid kiosks myslef, but today I was bored and the girl was nice, sligtly pushy but I expected that. She demo'ed the sea salt on me and it was nice so I bought for 30. She threw in ten or so sample packs of lotion and four of each side refills of the buffer from christmas. I think they were okay, all kiosk people are pushy and the products work nicely. Just make sure the price is right before you buy!

• Tz
      28th of Sep, 2010

From: goshrim

I can't believe that so many of you have had such "bad" experiences and that you feel that you were "ripped off."
    Honestly, I have terrible eczema; I discovered this product at the mall about 5 years ago and have been buying their products ever since. I have tried so many products in the malls in our youth obsessed society, and never found that any of them lived up to their Madison Avenue advertisements. The only thing they did was empty my pocket book!! The Dead Sea products are really the best for treating and soothing the skin. I have to admit, some of the language used in some of the comments written above, sounds like a covering for anti-Israel sentiments, or anti-semitism (to its fullest conclusion)!!
    By the way, I was shopping once with my daughter, went into "Forever 21" and lo and behold, after I made a purchase, I also found out that there was a no return policy. You cannot get your money back. Terms of exchange are very tight. There was a sign behind the register which I never saw, but rules are rules. Anyone want to complain about that?!

13th of Oct, 2010

THESE SCAMMERS ARE FROM ISRAEL, A PART OF THE ISRAELI MOSSAD. THEY HAVE SCAMMING BOOTHS SET UP ACCROSS THE WORLD WITH KIOSKS THAT SELL

ONSEN

DEAD SEA PREMIER

HIMALAYA

AND LOTS MORE PRODUCTS. THEY ARE 100 PERCENT SCAMMERS, LIARS, AND BIGGER THAN WE ALL THOUGHT. THIS ISRAELI OPERATION IS A HUGE ONE LINKED TO THE ISRAELI INTELLIGENCE AGENCY. STOP BEING SO GOD DAMN NAIVE PEOPLE AND WAKE UP!!!

13th of Oct, 2010

CLICK ON THIS LINK:

• He
      19th of Oct, 2010

I was shopping for shoes for my daughter... so of course her being a teenager we went to several shoe stores which was bad for me beacuse we kept passing by one of those dead sea kiosk after a couple of times of going by the lady called me and got me to try some of the peel and said i would get great results. i kinda liked it but was not convienced after all i was just there for shoes the lady wanted us to go back but I managed to walk away. my daughter finally decided on her shoes and on our way out she saw me.i was trying to walk fast but she grabbed me by my hand and convinced me to buy one of the products so I was like ok i will buy one of the products just to try. she told me she would give it to me for 35$ so i gave her my card and then she said that she would give me another product for her cost and so she put in the bag and said my total would be 150$ she gave me the scrub for free I was like no thank she then quickly grabbed her manager spoke in their language... next thing you know the manager is pulling out all kinds of products saying Maddona uses it and how it was a great product but the price was very high. she used the product on one side of my face and i have a lot of acne so i was impressed. she gave me the line that if I dont care about my face then its not worth 2000$ I was like well right now Its not good for me and I wasnt trying to spend that kind of money right now. i told her I needed to discuss this with my husband. shes how much do you not have to consult with him. i was thinking if i said a way low number she would let me go so i said 400$ well shes like great here I can give you moisturizer, peel, etc total 0f 5 products I still didnt want to do this so I told her let me call my husband and talk to him while I was trying to find a way to just get my card out of her hands she was running it. I saw her try for 675$ and Im like wait. i said ok hold on this is way to much I need to go. i turned around for a second to hang up with my husband and I told her no Im going to pass I only want the peel and she had already ran my card 450 Im thinking what happened to 400. thats when i felt violated. but somehow helpless she goes on tells me she ran the card and she gauranteed i will love it, and that i would thank her and that i would come buy more from her to take care of myself and i feelt good. to myself I was thinking im getting a good product for a low price. she told me that if i dont like it i could bring it back. I agreed and left . Once I got home i looked online for the product and boy was I upset. she sold me a product i could have gotten for 200$ online.i looked at the receipt and found a number on there and called it. I spoke to the first lady she told me the manager and scammer was not there I told her i would soon be there to get a refund she was like we dont give refunds . once I got back there of course she was not there only her associate she had conviently left for the day Me beign who I am felt violated and felt like I was not going to let them get away with this she thought I was just going to leave but just like they push on you i decided I was going to get my 450$ worth of product. she would not budge. she kept blaming her manager and said she had nothing to do with it.I told her why would she work for such a place that is based on lies and deciet she was like I am about to quit in 2 days I have only been here a week and thats why Im quitting just come back tommorrow and talk to manager she was on the phone with her the whole time this is going on she wouldnt talk to me for a while the lady finally gave the phone to me but the manager would not say anything finally I told her she needed to give me a refund but she refused to so therefore I started filling my bag just the way they filled my bag .the other girl thought i was crazy so she took the phone from me and talked to her again in her language while she was talking on the phone I stood there greeting anyone that was coming there and letting them know they where scamming people she kept pulling me saying wait come here lets talk finally she realized she was going to loose more business by not giving me a refund so she said she finally talked her manager into giving me a refund. it worked out and it was worth standing there to make them feel the pressure they make you feel.

• Vi
      22nd of Oct, 2010

This happened on October 19, 2010 at the Flatiron Mall in Broomfield, CO.
    I am VERY careful with my pennies and NEVER make impulse purchases.
    I shop online for weeks, months to find the best price, and read people's reviews.
    So how did I end up with $1600 on my credit card? (A $10 skin care purchase at the health food store is a luxury.)
    I knew the girl was practicing a light form of hypnosis while she was stroking my arm. I was wise to it. I was more amused than anything at her High pressure sales--which I have thick skin for. Yet, I honestly don't know what was going through my head in the few minutes I agreed to the purchase.
    When I got home I saw the prices at Amazon were much less. (I always shop Amazon before buying anything.) As my senses returned, I figured that the products ended up costing twice the amount she said the cost came out to be. She threw so many figures out I had become confused.
    I felt too foolish to tell anyone what I did.
    I called my bank to dispute the charge, but they said they cannot dispute this.
    I am going to cancel my card and not pay my credit card bill.

• Ml
      9th of Nov, 2010

As many of you have, I ended up being sucked into to buy the products, but I didn't really get ripped off in the end. For $113 taxes incl I managed to get the peeling gel, 2 luxury moisture creams, and the nail "beautifying" kit. In comparison to amazon the prices were $29.95 for the nail kit, $19.99 for 1 moisture cream and the peeling gel at $37.00. I felt guilty at first, but in reading more, now I feel bad for those who got ripped off. Just proves that as ruthless and pushy as these people are, if you show that you're willing to buy at the right price, they will break down the price. Guess I was more or less a lucky one.

14th of Nov, 2010

Had a run in with one of these chicks at the Stonestown mall in Westlake, by the name of Shira. She opened by complimenting my shirt, then transitioning into her sales pitch with "you know what would make you even cuter? Come, sit." Over the next 15 minutes I was really stubborn about refusing to buy her stuff, and she tried damn hard to break me - grabbing me when I tried to walk away, caressing my head while we were sitting down, giving me her number, offering to take me out to dinner, haggling her own $100 tube of malodorous goop down to $40, and such. Eventually she turned her back to go do something with the cash machine and I just walked off to cries of "WHY ARE YOU SO CHEAP???"

I don't know the name of the product she tried to sell me so I can't check what the "real" price is. All I know is that a few drops of the stuff can clean out a [censored]load of dirt and make your skin quite a bit softer, but I still wouldn't have bought it for $5 because it smells like a fat WoW addict's underwear that hasn't been changed in a week. Probably a solid deal if you have a really bad cold or were born without a nose.

The whole pitch felt really fake at the time - patronizingly so, even. "You're cute, you get girlfriend easily with a little better skin." Please, if I were cute, I wouldn't be a 24 year old virgin who lives with his grandma. I admit though, I still popped wood while it was going on.

I don't really get their business strategy. How do they turn enough of a profit to stay alive if they spend so much time and pass on so many potential customers trying to wheedle down someone as obstinate as me for a 40 dollar sale? There's the occasional horror story about someone being bilked out of a couple grand but those have got to be exceptional cases/often result in a refund anyway. Yet google says they've been around that area for a good 3 or 4 years.

Finally, uh, what's this about being able to [censor] these chicks in the parking lot? If I'd had known that I might not have been so quick to dismiss her as a phony hawker who flirts with ugly nerds for a few bucks.

• Je
      18th of Nov, 2010

I spent thirty dollars on it, and it works for me...

• Ka
      30th of Nov, 2010

I was duped out of $8OO.OO at a kiosk at a mall in St. George. The sales person was a young lovely Israeli women. She had a very small male with her that seemed to be her gopher. I cannot believe how gullible I was. After the shock wore off of how dumb I had been, I returned to the mall and asked for a return. It had been a total of 3 hours since I had purchased the products. There was no refund!!! I have never heard of such a thing. I went to the mall management and complained. They were of no help. I even called my credit card company and asked for help. They were unable to help either. I even went back several days later after I had looked up Dead Sea Cosmetics on line and found out I could buy them much cheaper. The same sales woman claimed they weren't the same products. I only hope this helps someone from making the same mistake I did. If you are approached by someone wanting to sell you Dead Sea Cosmetics. Run the other way

• En
      2nd of Dec, 2010

We are all suseptible. That's how they get us. It's horrible but true. We want to believe them and they are damn good at what they do. I too got caught for a lot of money by Dead Sea Premier. I won't say that I'm totally dissatisfied with the results I got from using their masque, serums and creams, but truthfully, the results do not add up to the price I paid at the infamous mall kiosk. Today I looked on the internet and saw the same Premier products on sale for a fraction - yes, at least 1/3 or less of what I paid. There is a lesson here and I fear almost all cosmetic manufacturers are guilty of the same "mal"practice - they prey on our insecurities. Let's face it, it pays (them) well. Think about it. In times of financial crisis, the cosmetic companies rarely if ever lose money. I have a cousin-in-law who works for a major French cosmetic company - so let's say I have some inside information.

It's a cliche I know, but so true . . . BUYER BEWARE! And maybe we have to start accepting ourselves as we are, instead of trying to compete with (often phoney) magazine idols. Will we ever learn? God, I hope I will.
    From a 62 year old teenager.

• En
      2nd of Dec, 2010

We are all susceptible. We want to be better – more beautiful – certainly younger, and sometimes just
    different from who we are. Pity really. In fact, the powerful cosmetic industry preys on our insecurities. It pays (them) well, after all. We mustn’t kid ourselves. They are not there for our sake – but for theirs. There are few scruples in the business. We must beware. Think about it, in times of financial crisis, the major cosmetic companies continue to function very well. Have you ever heard of one going bankrupt? What does that tell us about ourselves? My French cousin-in-law who works for a huge international cosmetic company taught me a lot about the way things work and who the winners really are. They have an amazing ability to survive - thanks to our vulnerabilities.

It’s a cliché perhaps but true - do not believe everything you hear or read. I’ve learned from experience that each time I am approached in a mall or hear on the television (another insidious trap!) the glories of one of the many “incredible” products available, before getting out my credit card I do a thorough check on the Internet (such as I did for Premier). ( Consider this: if these miracle products actually worked why do we continue to see so many fat, pimply, wrinkled etc people walking around?), When I discovered that I could buy the Premier Dead Sea products on-line for a fraction of what I paid at the kiosk I was furious – with myself as much as with them. Yes, I too was a fool caught in their snare. While I am not yet prepared to announce total dissatisfaction with the Dead Sea Premier products (Biox eye serum, Biox intensive face serum and Biox Intensive Cream and more . . . I am ashamed to go on), I must say that after 3 months of rigorous use, the results do not correspond to the promises made and the elevated price I paid.

3rd of Dec, 2010

A few weeks ago, my mom came home from the mall and told me about a guy from a kiosk who filed her nails and used some cream. She had actually managed to get away, but she was quite liking the results. The one nail he demonstrated the products on looked really beautiful and shiny, and remained so for a few weeks!
    Today, I went to the mall, looking for Christmas presents. As I innocently wandered around, I noticed a young man staring at me, and as I walked on and approached their stand, he started telling me how beautiful I was. "Lame, he just wants to sell. He'd do anything to sell something to me" I thought, but then I realized that this must have been the stand my mom had told me about!
    I had read some reviews online, and I knew the prices. So I knew: Salespersons sell the products for a lot more money, and it's difficult to get a refund. However, most people still said that the products actually worked really well. And since my mom liked it, I, armed with my knowledge, decided to buy it. The guy kept on telling me how beautiful I was, which was absolutely disgusting since I'm a minor and he was obviously about 30. I told him that 45€ is a lot of money for a 17-year-old girl like me (plus on their website it says 40 DOLLARS... which is, what, 35€? Not more.) and in the end he gave in and I got the whole kit for 30€.
    Heck, at first he even said "Ohh, if that's too much, you can get the small kit for 30€! I'll just go check... Ohh I'm sorry we're out of small kits. But tell you what, because I told you I could give you the small kit for 30, I'll give you the whole kit for 30 now!" in pretty broken english.
    Also, I have a 2-years-warranty.

They are a bunch of liars who will do anything to get to your money, but the thing is, their products are actually pretty cool. Don't let them fool you, ALWAYS ALWAYS research on the Internet before purchasing anything!!! I learned to do that because I'm just a teenager and can't really afford to "try out stuff and see how it works" just like that, I need to know it's worth the money.

• Ki
      8th of Dec, 2010

They are very pushy indeed. The stuff seems to really work well, but they are experts in PUSHY sales pitch. They use beautiful young girls with sexy Israeli accents to reel in the suckers, like me:-) I bought the nail kit for my wife. As the salesgirl took my credit card the "Kiosk Manager" took my card from her. She then put another box, and another, and another, and another in my hands. She was pushing the buy three and get two free "deal". I was lucky enough to resist their charm and beauty (they were very beautiful) and buy only the one box for $50. Probably too much, but it's a gift. What the heck. It's shameful that they're so over-the-top pushy because the products do seem to be of very hight quality. They could do very well on their own merits of their quality. I guess they just want to make more money. Be wary of the sales push!

• Al
      10th of Dec, 2010

This is like beeing back in 1944 again. Horrible comments. I feel sorry for all of you.

• Ju
      14th of Dec, 2010

I fell victim to such a HARD-SELL by "Beauty Mineral", in Sydney Australia. (Picadilly on Pitt St). Late November 2010. The attractive Israeli saleswoman was called Adi. Exactly the approach I've read in other reviews ... I'm 28 y.o. male. Start with 'Can I show you something?' Lots of touching. I was wearing a singlet at the time and she kept stroking my arms at certain times I was barely aware of it. She is a professional. Standing closer than people usually stand. Lots of compliments on my skin (at first) and physique - saying 'You look after your body, why not look after your skin?' Claims that 1 bottle is '1 year supply'. She asked what I used on my (body) skin, I said nothing, this fueled her sale. She said the products were completely natural, and that if I wasn't happy within 3 weeks (relevance?) I could bring them back. Prices came down from over $200 per bottle to $75 bottle when I wasn't biting. I got stung for $150. She asked for a kiss on the cheek for the good deal I got (at 'her' prices, not retail ...) Then I get back to my office to see MINERAL OIL in them. Had bad experience with this using BIO OIL. Went back 20 minutes later.. When she saw me, her face dropped. She tried to cover it by saying 'You miss me already?' I waited while she stung some other poor guy. I also didn't see the NO REFUNDS on the receipt. She said she wouldn't do refund as I hadn't 'tried' the products. I said 'Wouldn't you rather get them back unopened?' Ended up exchanging for a few packets of MUD and SALT which I am now about to throw out, as it's not worth harming myself using them. I look at this as $150 for a very good life lesson.

• Cu
      4th of Jan, 2011

Oh please...you all should be aware when you're approached by sales people at the mall their intentions are to sell you their products...And if you stand there and take in what they're saying and purchase products always ask about refund policies, ask about what you can do if you don't like the product dont just stand their like a stunned mullet. Frankly that's just poor judgement and inexperience on your behalf and is not a scam. Most companies can't accept returned skin care/cosmetic products for hygiene purposes. If it doesn't work for you that's just bad luck. And in my opinion, a purchase for skin care products at $140 isn't that much at all. Skin care products works at some level and you can't expect to see results after using it twice. After long use and commitment and healthy habits then can you see results. Don't be so foolish to say their scam artists, cos like in every other company, the sales representatives are just doing their job.

And as far as Premier goes, I like their products. I think they're good value and work for me.