Powerbook Medic / Will never use them again

I sent in my computer on May 26. It's June 3 and my screen hasn't been replaced yet. They sent me an email saying my diagnosis would come in the next day-4 days later I asked them where it was. I am highly aggravated because I NEED my computer back for school purposes. I picked this company because they promised fast service and they were cheaper than their competitors-big mistake. Will never use them again.

Ka

More Powerbook Medic Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Oz
      18th of Aug, 2011

Will never use them again. I shipped my MacBook Pro to them on 4 August 2011. Their representative indicated to me that they would diagnose the following day and the computer would be shipped back the following day. After not hearing anything from them I contacted Powerbookmedic on the 8th and was told diagnosis takes 5-7 business days. After not hearing from them on the 7th business day I contacted them again and was told they could repair or ship back as this model had a recall. Powerbookmedic stated they would ship it back to me that day (12 august). I contacted them again on 17 August as I had not received my computer, they guy on the phone said he'd call back in an hour, never heard from him. Called again this morning and was told it was in the "shipping queue, " but they did not know why. I finally received notification from UPS that it will arrive back tomorrow, fully ten days beyond what was promised and not repaired.

• De
      2nd of Oct, 2017

After receiving confirmation of receipt and diagnostic, I was told I should have my 13" MacBook Pro bac in 4-5 days. After waiting two weeks, I called and was given the reason that the diagnosed battery didn't fix it and that they were looking into a logic bord repair. A week later I emailed and received no response. Waited another week and called only to be treated rudely by the person answering the phone when I as explaining that no one was communicating with me about having the computer for over a month. They didn't want to hear what I was trying to express and said they would terminate the call if I continued. After waiting 5 minutes, supposedly to talk with a supervisor, the person came back to tell be the same information I was given weeks ago and, when asked, could not tell me when it would be repaired and returned to me. I instructed him to return the unit to me in it's original condition. After over a month of waiting and personal experience, my advice is simple. STAY AWAY FROM POWERBOOK MEDIC. THEY ARE RUDE, NON-RESPONSIVE; UNRELIABLE!