Pokerstars.com / registration - account closure - refunding process

1 Onchan, United Kingdom

I created an account and deposited some funds with this organisation at the end of March. They requested proof of age in the form of a copy of my birth certificate, passport or driving licence. In light of recent well documented, high profile data breaches by large US based organisations I made the decision not to proceed and attempted to withdraw my money and close my account only to be faced with a message telling me that my account privileges had been revoked and to contact the support team. As requested I contacted the support team to request closure of my account and my funds subsequently returned. I was told that they would not do this until I verified my age by supplying them with my personal information in the form of one of the aforementioned proofs of ID. I explained that I do not wish to use the site to gamble and so do no see why they need to verify my age before returning MY money onto the card I used to make a deposit and yet we continue to go around in circles. This is the worst customer service I have EVER received and I have no intention of ever using this service again in the future.

Mw