Playtex Bras / Style # 4693 44DDD

1 800 North Roy Avenue , Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 708-417-2547

I have purchased bras made from Playtex and only Playtex my whole life. I made a purchase of a blue bra Style 4693 size 44DDD, wearing the bra i noticed that the blue rubber in the elastic has been melting on my skin, and sticks to my skin, the rubber is literally melting onto me and it is very sore and uncomfortable. I have never bleached it and I have never experienced nothing like this before. I pay alot of money for these bras as they are usually the best bra ever and they are well worth the money I pay for them. Unfortunately I am very unhappy and I am hoping there is a way to settle this matter ..

Pa
Apr 4, 2014

Comments

• Un
      29th of Dec, 2014

I have purchased all of my bras from Playtex for many years and they were great until I purchased the blue one for my granddaughter and the color faded into her skin and the elastic was very sticky. It even stuck to her skin! She is a special needs young woman so she didn't know to complain. I noticed it and found it difficult to wash off of her. Her skin got very red and sore from the washing. Playtex needs to revisit this particular bra to find out what is causing this problem. In the meantime, they should stop selling it.

Dissatisfied in Chicago, IL

• Jm
      12th of Aug, 2015

I recently purchased 2 Platex bras at a cost of $18.96 each. They smell horrible and no mater what I do I can't get rid of the odor. It smells like rubber. The store won't take them back because they have been worn and washed several times. trying to get rid of the smell, I even sorayed them every hour for a day with Febreeze and they still stink. VERY dissatisfied with them and angry that I am out over $38.00

• Me
      10th of Sep, 2018

@Jmorysays The smell thing Happened to me and also I have worn these for years paying $30 each and always buy 4 at a time. This year every bra I bought the strap broke after a month . something needs to be done quickly.

• Li
      14th of Nov, 2016

I have wore 18 hours bras forever and have had great results with them. I have larger breast and lately i have had problems with the straps rolling up. Have they changed the material? I have never had this problem before. Looks like I may have to change bras. Very unconfortable. Please respond

• Bu
      18th of Jun, 2017

I purchased the Playtex bra from Walmart and the smell was so bad that I put it outside for a day along with the package that it came in hoping that would cure the problem. It did not help the stinky smell was still there. I returned the bra to Walmart the next day. I liked the way it fit so I thought that this was a Walmart thing since they import a lot of stock from China, so I purchased another Playtex bra from Romans plus size online. Once the bra arrived I noticed the same bad odor so I returned it. What is the problem Playtex?

16th of Jul, 2017

I totally agree had on a navy Playtex bra today when I took it off my skin was blue except where the cups are. This scared the hell out of me the shirt I had on is ruined. I scrubbed so hard and !on my skin is red and sore. I put the bra and shirt in a plastic bag to save just in case I get ill from this. Won't be wearing Playtex again. Have worn Playtex bra for over 35 years.

16th of Jul, 2017

Comment from my wife, I don't wear bras

17th of Feb, 2019

I bought 2 playtex bras, and where the lace is at in the back, they jag me all the time.

17th of Feb, 2019

I bought 2 playtex bras, and the lace in the back, jags me all the time. Very annoying.