[Resolved] Pimlico Plumbersboiler

I called Pimlico Plumbers because the heating was working intermittently therefore I knew that it could not be the boiler (6 years old Worcester Grecnstar) which was working albeit intermittently. The plumber called Anthony Staines (Invoice No: AS949417) found out that there was no signal between the thermostat and the receiver. He decided to switch off the receiver which took him few minutes. He also replaced the batteries in the thermostat with used (!!) batteries. He advised that further investigation was necessary. To get the boiler to work properly with communication between the thermostat and the boiler, I called the plumber who installed the boiler for me. Without looking at it he knew immediately that it was the 2 AA batteries in the thermostat. Upon inspection, he found out that the Pimlico plumber had put in 2 very used batteries therefore there was still no communication between the thermostat and the receiver. So I had to pay £252.00 to Pimlico Plumbers for 2 USED AA batteries and £50 to the second plumber who diagnosed the problem properly and put in new batteries. Whole exercise thanks to Pimlico Plumbers cost me £300. If the owner has become a millionaire it is thanks to ripped off customers like me. Steer clear and avoid at all cost! You have been warned!

• Resolution statement

Pimlico Plumbers customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the client have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Ke