Phil's Towing Inc. / Towed my car from small plaza without any reason

1 330 South Service Rd W.OakvilleOn, Canada Review updated:

On January 06/2016 my car was towed by that company from Sun Valley Square Plaza without any reason.I parked over there about 1 hour. They do not have any office, they are not professional and they charged me $299, 45. I needed to make many calls to find out where my car was and to take taxi to get to this place and wait for truck driver to make a payment for them. They wanted cash only.Finally I paid by credit card [I told them that I'll contact my lawyer]. I lost a couple of hours, lots of money and was very frustrated. I want Phil's Towing Inc refund me all charges plus refund $20 for taxi .

M7
Jan 6, 2016

Comments

• So
      13th of Apr, 2016

This happened to me as well. From a plaza on Bronte/WestOak Trails in Oakville.

The steal cars out of parking lots. They have contract with the parking lots to tow cars that shouldn't be parked there, but they take that power to the extreme. They pay off workers in plaza's to tip them off, and often tow cars that have a right to be there.

They have fraudulent business practices, no set fees, force you to pay cash, manipulate with charges, and hold your car hostage.

They told me I had to pay them whatever they wanted to charge me and had zero right to question it.

They now have a contract with the plaza across the street from the new Oakville hospital. I hear they make a killing, especially on holidays like Christmas. Someone needs to get people together to stop them. I am willing to go stand in the parking lot and tell people not to park there, just to make these guys loose revenues.

• M7
      14th of Apr, 2016

I absolutely agree !!! We should do something about it... I can't understand how this kind of company may exist...and why they still get license ..
    Whether we will still be powerless ? if they will still be unpunished...

• Go
      22nd of Apr, 2016

As well I have a similar story. The owner of that plaza has the tow truck driver wait around the corner and he also keeps a very low profile in regards to who owns and or manages the plaza. He's also very sneaky, will pretend it's not him even if you're talking to him, basically a low life.
    But I know who he is:
    Ash Din
    905-333-6637
    Burlington@wintroniccomputers.com
    9b-4200 Fairview St
    Burlington

I don't know if he runs or owns the place but I do know that he's the guy to call if you're upset.

Good luck to all

21st of May, 2017

@Gonnagetya1 Mike Allen 54 years old. white with a nasty grown beard- looks like Gimli from lord of the rings.
    Nicholas DePhillips, white blue saturn brownies' bf->pontiac

21st of May, 2017

Can someone please list the names of ALL the associates of this fraudster company. Very very much appreciated, do the city a favour!

• Za
      9th of Jun, 2018

@Timmy Turner West towing in Oakville could be part of the same fraudster group. At Kerr and Speers plaza. Total entrapment set up. He Either owns the lot or in collusion with the owner! Held my car ransom for $370..I couldn't continue the word battle any further, my 26 year old autistic daughter was waiting for pickup at her day program and I was already an hour late with this BS😠🤑😭

• Sh
      28th of May, 2018

This happened to my son as well. They towed the car and are now demanding approximately $400 to get it back. This is gouging!!!

• Pe
      12th of Jul, 2018

It is still going on. Phils towing "stealing cars from parking lots for ransom" is right. Its almost nonexistent business, no one in the office, third of phone calls does not get answered, third of phone calls gets hanged up on. They must be well connected to the city hall (kick backs?) I was told the owner of the Bronte Centrille Plaza was somebody Joe Abdul. As for me, never go to Oakville again. Never heard of this in Burlington.

16th of Aug, 2018

I think we should boycott all the businesses at Sun Valley Square. Why are we patronizing their businesses when the plaza owner is hitting their customers directly in the pocket?

Today, at 12, I wanted to go to the bank, but there was a line-up, so I thought I'd cross over to the hospital first as there were a few farmer's market stalls set up. When I came back, the car was gone!

It is frankly outrageous. The carpark was half full, there were parking spaces in front of every business, and they just send the tow company - West Towing - driving round and round to pick up cars!

If businesses at Sun Valley Square are OK with their customers being out of pocket by $400, then I think customers should just stop coming to this plaza.