Philips AccentLED / Broken expensive LED bulb
Today I bought a 3W 170 lumen LED bulb intended for a 20W 12V light fixture with G4 type fitting for a 20W T3 halogen light.
The bulb item number 821434, Model 3G4-I, bar code [protected] was purchased at Home Depot for a total of $14.98 including tax. I bought it - because 170 lumen is really much and with 3W power consumption - I was tempted to replace these bulbs at home. I have many of these lamps - more than 12 and I also have 6 of those 20W fixtures behind my large screen TV. Anyway I bought one bulb to try out and I installed it in my desk lamp according to given instructions - meaning I had it plugged into an open light fixture with no restrictions, for proper cooling. The bulb worked great - the brightness was fantastic - it was actually brighter than the original bulb and I loved it - but it died after 3 hours! I had to reinstall the original bulb. I am absolutely shocked by this. It is unacceptable. Why did it fail? I mean c'mon - I paid 15 bucks for this bulb - it ain't cheap - and it didn't even work 1 day straight!!! I work for a leading global manufacturer of semiconductors here in California - and I am involved with new devices and I am quite sure we would never sell shi$ like this. I test devices - I cycle them, I bake them, I run them for hundreds of thousands of times before we release anything. Our products don't fail like that and we sell millions of parts every month. It's a shame PHILIPS. SHAME. Time to renew some of your engineering staff.
More Philips AccentLED Complaints & Reviews
- Philips / Magnavox LCD TV - WARNING: Do not buy a Philips/Magnavox product! 
- Avent Baby Bottles - Leaking bottles 
- Philips Ambilight 42& LCD TV - Amblight problems 
- Philips (Hong Kong), Induction cooker - HD4917 - Terrible customer service, Strongly complaints from Philips Hong Kong customer 
- Philips India Ltd - Not repairing TV - worst service! 
- Phillips 66 - Problems with gas lever causing gas spilling
- Philips Iron 1000W HI114 - Defective Philips Iron from Croma
- Philips Electronics company - Broken Plasma TV 
- Philips Smart TV 43 Inch - netflix app not available in spite of confirmation by sales agent that it is netflix able
- PhilipsHidKits.com - They don't know how to ship things