Perkins Restaurant & Bakery / trash embedded in food

1 325 S. DuffAmes, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 515-233-3648

I visited Perkins Restaurant during my travels from a family reunion. I originally saw a commercial on TV. The food looked eye appealing. We located the store in Ames. We were greeted properly and seated the same. My problem was in the meatloaf. It was passable at best but basically what you'd expect from a restaurant. I didn't have a problem eating it until...I bit down on something harder than mashed potatoes, gravy or hamburger. Embedded inside my meatloaf was what i thought to be a piece of paper from a restaurant ticket. The manager was called out and proceeded to unfold the paper. He says it was the end off of a sugar package. To my way of thinking neither are ingredients in any meatloaf i've ever made or consumed. He apologized and said all of our desserts were on the house and my meal free. It sad but true... My 1st experience at Perkins will be my last. Finding paper or any foreign object while dining speaks to unclean, unsanitary and unsafe work habits. I will not be returning.

Comments

• Ga
      24th of Nov, 2008

WE STOPPED AT PERKINS IN SCOTTSBLUFF NE. TO MEET WITH SOME FREINDS AND HAD BREAKFAST. FIRST THE COFFEE WAS COLD AND THE QUESTION I HAVE IS (JUST WHAT MAKES PERKINS THINK THAT THEIR COFFEE IS WORTH 2.00 A CUP.) IF THE COFFEE WAS AS GOOD AS MCDONALDS IS THEN IT WOULD BE OK. I HAD A LARGE STACK OF PANCAKES AND WHAT DID I GET FOR 6.00 BUCKS (5 VERY SMALL PANCAKES.. THE SERVICE WAS NOT GOOD HAD TO ASK 3 TIMES FOR SOME SILVER WEAR AND THEN HAD TO ASK FOR MORE COFFEE. I THINK I JUST NOT GO BACK TO PERKINS, IN THE PAST IT WAS GOOD PLACE TO HAVE PANCAKES AND THE SERVICE WAS A LOT BETTER.

P.S.

AT ONE TIME THE PANCAKES WERE AS BIG AS THE PLACE GUESS YOU GOT TO SAVE MONEY SOME WHERE

THANKS