People Media / BabyBoomerPeopleMeet.com / misleading info and cost of membership

1 Canada Review updated:

I had registered as a free member on BabyBoomerPeopleMeet.com, one of 23 similar online dating sites, run by People Media. As a free member, I couldn't read any of my messages or see any of the bookmarks or flirts, so when I saw the number of messages rise up to 29 messages, I decided to pay to become a member. Well, what a surprise when I discovered that all but 1 message were made of up flirts and bookmarks, which were also counted separately!! What a scam! I never would have joined if I knew there was only 1 message waiting there. Also, after I had signed up, they showed that they were debiting my credit card in US. dollars. I'm in Canada, which means I am paying more than they advertised. At no time and nowhere on their site, do they show they deal in U.S. dollars or that they were an American company, which shouldn't matter anyway. If they're selling their product or service in Canada, they should be clearly labelling the cost in U.S. dollars or Canadian dollars before people buy the product! Again another scam! I brought both these issues to their attention, but all I got was a run-around. They wouldn't supply me the name of their Director of Customer Services when I asked for it. I had also registered with some of their other dating sites and they run them the same way. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY's dating sites. They are so deceptive.

Tr

Comments

• Bu
      17th of Sep, 2009

Totally agree, same thing with me. I am 52 and looking for someone of close age. My message filler up and I joined only to find 19 to 31 year olds. after careful review, 2 people had the same person for images. BOTS this site is full of BOTS. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY's dating sites. They are so deceptive.

1st of Jan, 2010

Is there any such a thing as an honest dating service online?

I doubt it. - I really do.

Even before the internet, dating agencies had a foul reputation and now the relative anonymity of the net, has made an already polluted pool even more toxic.

The tactics described by the two posters above are all too typical of the money grubbing ploys used by the operators of similar sites.

There are always a few nice and genuine people on dating sites but you have a better chance of winning a lottery than you do of meeting one of them online.

Bots you will encounter aplenty along with sundry cammers, scammers, druggos and schizos.

Dating sites in general are nothing but one giant scam calculated to seperate many thousands of suckers from their money so as to make a few professional criminals obscenely rich.

I haven't used this service and have no intention of doing so.

Avoid dating sites. - They are a mugs game.

If, you are so isolated that you don't think that you can meet people by more orthodox means and decide to take a chance anyway, then make certain that you do your homework by checking out any dating service with the anti scam websites online to see what kind of a reputation they have before you even consider signing up.

This includes the supposedly "free" sites as well!

If you have been scammed by ANY online service, do not hesitate to report the matter to the appropriate authorities in your country and warn other people you know about it.

• Cm
      12th of Aug, 2010

What a ripe off... people 12 years younger than myself...so many with no photos( which should not be allowed to begin with), this site chose my profile photo and I have been unable to change it for months now, plus these gentlemen are so far away from my area & most even from other states. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? People join to meet people with success not failures due to distance.What about people within a certain amount of miles from my zip code
    like other sites have found to be very workable.
    Last but not lest, DOES YOUR COMPANY REALIZE THE TROUBLE OUR COUNTRY AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA IS CURRENTLY IN WITH PEOPLE LOSING JOBS AND HOMES?

GIVE MORE CONSIDERATION TO YOUR FEES...OH YEAH 9.99 A MONTH HOWEVER IT MUST BE PAID UP FRONT FOR 6 MONTHS. LISTEN TO THE NEWS AND READ THE PAPER.

P.S. FORGOT HOW BAD THE MAKE OVER ON THIS SITE LOOKS.

SO I GIVE THIS SITE 10 - MINUS.

FOLKS GO ELSE WHERE.

WARNING IS ALL I CAN GIVE YOU...SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!