Pennon Inc. / Unbearable living conditions
Anyone that would be looking for a place to rent, make sure its not and one of Pennon, Inc.'s properties, especially McKinley Hill Apartments.
Here is a detailed list of why you do not want to live there:
1. Roof leaks into the hallways, and into almost every apartment here and they do absolutely nothing to remedy the problem.
2. Because of all the water damage that has been caused by the roof which is in horrible disrepair, there is black mold growing throughout the building, especially in the gym, which they say is free and able to be used by the residents...what is completely false! The gym is a storage area for all of the personal items that Pennon Inc. steals from residents that can not pay there bill in full when they move out. They take your belongings and do not give them back and they kick you out in less than 30 days and your stuff gets taken sometimes 3 days after an eviction notice is on the door.
3. There are bugs all over the property and they do not spray adequately enough to keep up with the problem.
4. In the winter there is no heat, if your lucky enough to get heat a few days out of the winter, they have the bolier turned up full blast and the apartments get to over 100 degrees. Most apartments have no regulator on the heat so it just blazes out like fire, oh that leads me to another item, the exposed copper piping that gets so hot that you could fry an egg on the pipe in less than a minute, people have been severly burned from these exposed pipes that have no protective covering on them.
5. There are not enough fire extinguishers in the building or they are missing.
6. They lie to you and say you get "FREE" Dish TV and DSL Intenet. You get nothing free, you have to give them $100 for the box and half the time the DISH does not work and the internet is not properly connected so most of the apartments that paid for the DISH box can't even use the internet or get TV because either the landlord does not pay the bill on time, or it just plain does not work because there staff installed the wiring and not DISH!
7. There are only a few apartments that have land line wiring in their apartments which could be bad in case of emergency where the police would need to be called.
8. The one smoke detector they have on the upper floor of the building does not even have working batteries in it and just hangs from the ceiling, there are not enough alarms in the hallways for as many apartments as are in the building.
9. The laundry room has 3 small washers and 3 small dryers, 2 of which actually work, they are constantly in disrepair and do not get fixed or work. They also only have these few washers for 2 floors of apartments and 14 units of people.
10. When you put in requests to have things in your apartment fixed, you either wait for months and months for things to get fixed, or they just do not fix them at all.
11. When water damages your unit, they do not repair anything from the water damages to the unit and the water just sits and ends up molding because they expect you to pay for the clean up from their disrepaired property.
People are afraid to say anything because they have no where else to go but I have already gotten out of there thankfully and want to wrote about this slum and the slumlord that runs it so the people there can get something done so they can have a better life in that run down place! This is not the only Pennon, Inc. property there has been complaints about either, from what the new is, all of their properties are in horrible disrepair and they could care less! Its time the building inspectors and fire inspectors get involved so these people will have a safe place to live and if they can not fix it, they should pay to relocate all of these people!