Peach Direct / Customer service issues!

I ordered an HP computer and an LG monitor on 4/17/07. I was excited that the payments would be low as my husband and I are starting 2 companies with no capital, so money is rather tight. 7 Days later, I received the tower and the office 2007 packages, but not the monitor. About a week later, I called customer service, and was told that I had to wait 3 business weeks, and since I had a business to run, decided to switch to an HP monitor thinking it would be delivered sooner. Well, it wasn't delivered in 7 days, or 12 days, so I called customer service, who couldn't provide me with a tracking number. Since I was anxious to get to work, I used my husband's computer one day, and came across this website. I took the advice to email D. Kim, and explained my situation. You can't run a business these days without a computer. Well, I got it the next day, and it did have a UPS shipping label that said it was scheduled to be delivered just 2 days later. The computer works great, and I haven't received my first bill yet. As I explained before, I am self employed, and work as the Client Services Director for our telecommunications company. Customer Service IS my profession, and I did address the issues I felt were hindering Peach Direct's success. I believe that they are growing at a faster rate than they can keep up with, but every company does go through those issues. Call D. Kim, tell him what your issues are, and give them a chance to make it right.

D. Kim
[protected]
dkim@peachdirect.com

Li

Comments

• Su
      19th of May, 2007

You're trying to convince the internet population that you purchased a computer system (that is undoubtedly costing you over $1000) and it didn't come with a monitor... Yet you waited ONE WEEK to call the company - AND that you work in customer service?

You are lying and it won't be tolerated. I am fortunate enough to have read all of these postings before purchasing anything from this company. I advise everyone to listen to the majority of people who have been burned by this company. The very few who have "received their items... But..." Are paid by the company to ease the mind of people who are in desperate financial times. Maybe even targeting your grandparents who won't have access to the internet to research this company. It's not fair and I will do everything in my power to shut this company's loose credit policies down. Taking advantage of the poor and uneducated is wrong and those of you who are reading this are obviously the targeted audience (along with me!).

This company won't survive if everyone boycotts the company!

• Li
      24th of May, 2007

Wow, I hope aren't always so judgmental and vindictive. Who are you to tell me that I am lying, when you have no clue what you are talking about. You don't know me, and you don't know my character. I find it alarming that you would blatantly condemn someone you have no knowledge about, of something you can't verify. Is that your normal behavior?

This computer was not advertised as a system-but as the tower. It is a common practice- Circuit City, Best Buy, and all the major dealers sell both towers, and packages. Regardless of your opinion, packages are shipped separately ALL the time.

It saddens me that you are so quick to judge me without knowing me or the facts. I am not receiving any compensation of any kind from Peach Direct, nor am I employed by them. I really do appreciate the time you spent researching this company, but why are you still here if you "know better"? BECAUSE I own my own business, and BECAUSE I have 18 years experience in the Customer Service Industry, I know that shipments are not always delivered at the same time, and it is not ALWAYS the company that is to blame. I am reporting on my experience with this company, and with the corporate representative. I am not asking you or anyone else to buy anything from them. I am giving those that may have had a problem with the company some information that may help them correct it. If the information I provided doesn't apply to you-maybe you should stay out of it. Sometimes, people do things just to try and help others-without ulterior motives.

I understand that you are trying to help "the cause" - and that is fine - but don't accuse me of lying unless you know what you're talking about.

• Mi
      6th of Jul, 2007

I ordered a camera from peachdirect back in October. I was told that It can 2-3 weeks. It was fine because there was no rush. To my surprise the camera came 1 week later. I did not have an issue with the product, except that I did not like it. So I called and advise that I would like to return the camera back. I got my return label, I am not sure how long it took for them to send it, but when I finally got the return label I sent it back and they received the camera 11/22/2006. I called them after thanksgiving was was advise that It can take 2-3 billing cycles for the credit to be issued. To make the long story short, It sis not happen that way, because it took 8 mos for the credit to take place.

This happened witht he assistance of Dean Kim whom I emailed.
    I got his phone # and email address on this site. I emailed him on 06/22/07 and that night I received an email from to call him at 10am Monday 6/25/07. I let him know my displeasure and advised him that I was very unhappy with their customer service. That I had to go online just to get this information.
    He was nice and He told me he was going to help me and issue the credit. By 07/02/07 it was issued to my card.

This is from anyone that has issue with peachdirect contact this person he will help. He touched base with me the whole time to make sure I was satisfied.

Dean Kim
    Customer Care
    Corporate Office
    Tel: (310) 478-3984
    Email: dkim@peachdirect.com

• Dk
      6th of Sep, 2007

Thank you all for your comments and thoughts.

Peach Direct is a great way to treat yourself and your family to luxury you deserve, but can't always afford. The truth is that we, as consumers, will always pay some form of interest on any type of loan or line of credit whereever we go.

We, at Peach Direct, take great pride in the opportunity we provide our customers whether they choose Peach Direct due to a limited credit history or simply want to finance a purchase in order to invest their money elsewhere. Either way, our goal will always be to ensure the best possible service and products.

If you have any unresolved issues or your experience has been anything less than positive, we want to know about it. Please contact me directly at dkim@peachdirect.com and give us the opportunity to make things right.

We look forward to hearing from our customers.

• Ko
      13th of Sep, 2007

I opened an account a couple of weeks ago. I have done research on this company and have only heard negative things. I want to order a big screen television but I am very concerned about all of the complaints and the time in which the complaints are resolved and how long it takes to receive the items.

I would appreciate if you could answer why it takes so long to receive the items?

Hopefully a satisfactory answer could ease my worries and allow me to order with this company.

Last why so many complaints about customer service. The price are comparable and the credit terms are fairly reasonable why so many unhappy customers. Also the BBB gave this company a B rating. Not the best but also not nearly the worst.

Komie Bumpers