PE Labs / How to get your money back

NC, United States Review updated:
I too was ripped off by these sorry sorry uhhhhh!!! I continued to read on the web until I found the following article below from /link removed/ I had already contacted my bank when I noticed a pending debit charge I didn't authorize. I am following up with the answer below. I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: “we could not do anything for you" or “you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days".

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember… Don't let them get you! Make sure they make the Rip-off .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck… Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson – Founder, Rip-off.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@[redacted].com
badbusinessbureau.com
/link removed/

Comments

Be
  1st of Mar, 2007

PE Labs - Unauthorized charges to credit card

How do I deal with a company that will not answer the telephone and send item despite that I asked them to cancel order for diet pills I could not take because of high blood-pressure.
Do
  6th of Mar, 2007
I have also fallen victim to this scam... I am fighting with my bank to get the charges reversed.they trick you into getting their product by luring you in with the 'FREE SAMPLE' you just pay shipping deal.... and even when you go through and cancel your auto ship, they still send the next shipment and charge you anyways.... EVEN when you refuse shipment... they REFUSE to even talk to me or to make things right... i want my money back.
Ju
  23rd of Apr, 2007

PE Labs - Charging 149.95 without my authorization

I agreed to the 4.95 for sending free sample but didn't agree to the 149.95 I received the pills I returned them immediately because I did not want them. They have not reimbursed me the 149.95
Sa
  27th of Jun, 2007

PE Labs - Fraudulent charge to account

I only ordered and agreed to pay for the sample $4.95 i was charged without my knowledge $149.95 to my account... I did not authorize this and want a refund put back into my account... My bank is aware of this. I want my money back... I have not even received the product they say i ordered.
Da
  10th of Oct, 2007
I got the same things. I just order for one free sample cost for shipping and handle and they charge me for one bottle with out my agreement and I've been trying to call them and never answer me back.
La

Coral Springs
Florida
Phone: 954-753-1368
lbarrus@bellsouth.net

I ordered A trial offer for $ 4.95 Now I am charged 149.95 on my credit card. I DID NOT ORDER THIS>
Lp
  27th of Oct, 2008
Same thing happened to me.
Ch
  18th of Mar, 2009
this happened to me with the acai berry pills-- the problem is you have to contact them & tell them to cancel your free trial or they'll just keep billing you & sending you out new products... try it & see if it works