PacSun / bad working experience

1 Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:

I was hired at the Cincinnati location in the Kenwood Mall on April 30, 2015. Three days prior to that is when I turned in my application. The manager did a quick review while I was there, and asked what I was looking for. I said a summer job that would carry over into the fall with a minimum of 15 hours a week and a max of 30 hours a week. After I was hired three days later I was told to expect an email. I waited one week, and it never came. I called, and they said they would fix it for me. It never came. I waited another week, and called back. Finally, they were able to send it. They scheduled me to come in three days later for orientation. I came in. It lasted an hour and a half, and I never got paid from it. I was constantly on call. Never once was I needed to come in. Finally, after being hired for over a month I got a four hour shift. I explained I've never worked retail, and the orientation was just about theft and a run down of the store. The manager gave me barely any tips, but kept coming up to me saying I had to do well because at the end of the summer they would have to cut people. I was told this was not seasonal in the beginning, and I had no clue what to do, to be doing well. The next week I had a 3 hour shift. Right before I left my house, I got a call saying they did not need me. The whole next week I had 0 hours or on calls. I finally put my two weeks in. In two months of being hired I worked a total of 4 hours, and was also never paid for my 1.5 hour orientation. I feel like I was only hired as an extreme back up. I had to constantly ask my father for help to pay rent because I was literally getting zero hours. I think the managers here are very disrespectful, and this was unprofessional to hire me and give me nothing.

Sm
Jul 12, 2015

Comments

12th of Jul, 2015

Perhaps they did not need you because you were not doing a good job. You yourself admitted you did not know what you were supposed to do.