Oro Gold / unethical practices

United States Review updated:

Dana, a vendor of Mazal Enterprise's Oro Gold cart in Ontario Mills Mall @ 1 Mills Circle #25, Ontario, CA 91764 - promised a "money back guarantee" several times during her ten minute product demonstration. Any sign stating their return policy was intentionally obscured and Dana stamped the receipt "NO REFUNDS" only AFTER running my credit card. I immediately protested to her trickery but she refused to honor her promise.

I contacted Ontario Mills management, Barbara Meaders attempted to secure a refund for me. Oro Gold was obstinate and further insulted me by offering a $100 refund for the $391.50 worth of products that I purchased.

Ri

Comments

• Fl
      Nov 14, 2010

I had a very similar experience happen in the store in Century City shopping mall in Los Angeles - Only after I phoned the leasing office of the mall and had them call the store owner did i get the refund that was originally promised. This seems to be their unwritten policy across the board at all stores: bait and switch.

• Nu
      Nov 14, 2010

I just had the same thing happen in The Galleria in Houston. Because I have very sensitice skin I asked about the ingredients and was told over and over that there was NO GOLD in the product I bought, only in the "serums". Of course whern I got home and experienced an allergic reaction I read the fine print and found gold in the ingredients list.

• Fl
      Nov 14, 2010

Yes @Nursie. Seems the "hard sell" is far more important to them than customer satisfaction. This will work for a while, but will eventually catch up to them. A shame since it seems to be quite a fine line of products. When I *finally* got my refund OK'd, the man REFUSED TO EVEN LOOK OR SPEAK TO ME, and spent 20 minutes on the phone, supposedly with a superior getting an OK. They made what could have been a good customer / vendor relationship into my not ever planning to shop with them again.

Feb 21, 2018

@flange How did you get that refund? I have been trying for months. I complained right away.
    You get a runaround . Who is your contact for the refund?

Aug 13, 2018

@flange I'm trying to get a refund, I was coerced and lied to. How did you get the refund? They keep tellung me no refunds, it's not their policy. I am curious how you did it. Thank you, Ann

Oct 22, 2018

@Patttt File reports, they want you to give up, do not give up. All these people on line here, need to join and file an class action lawsuit against their corporate office (even they say each store is individually managed) who cares, they still have a corp office and they still work under their rules. I say, we all have been harmed no matter in which state, and they all have the same shoddy, misleading, lies and hide behind their BS no money back policy, and their BS lies about "restricted" 30DAY MBG and hope poeple give up. DO NOT give up. You file on line here, which you have, you file with BBB and it will get some attention, you will file with your state Consumer Affair agency report fraude and deciption and with your state attorney's office. Many have filled a report in addition with Federal Trade Commission, file a report with your local station, file a report with ALL social media many said they will do. The issue is, most people here, been lied to by these salesperson and once the make a the sale, and lie about their full money back guarantee policy or misrepresent their money back refund policy, and you as a customer sign the receipt, they hit you with their "restrictions". The common issue us, many people are lied too and that is ILLEGAL. And people on here, need to fight, and bring the attention needed, not just most, ALL who complained here, take a moment and file a few report, and or join a class action. We have rights. These people have taken your money, and they are getting away with it. We need to join forces, pass the word, stop being lazy and fight and fight for all of us. That is how you get justice done.

Dec 19, 2018

@Justice 2018 You seem a little crazy, there is at least 10 stores in each mall with the same return policy, which is completely fine if you are aware before buying the products, people start taking advantage of the fact that they can return anything and anytime and that’s wrong, the might have a sale tactics but products are just awesome! People shouldn’t be buying stuff to return and just take advantage of that opportunity (like most of the Neiman Marcus’s “high end “ customers).
    I support this people completely!!!

Jan 04, 2019

@Jolly2424 You must work for the store -these people are scam artists. They lie about the product - it is no better than a $30 skincare lotion you can buy at Walgreens - they tell you its like botox in a bottle, they make up prices as they go along and give hard sales tactics. If the product was so good, why do they aggressively pursue people and try to manipulate them? These people need to be stopped

Jan 08, 2019

@Patttt Take them to court, and have everything documented. I was advised to not speak to the people in person with out a lawyer, or contact by phone. I refuted my credit card charges pending investigation and I've been exchanging texts and e-mail's so at least every thing is documented and I can think out what to say. I just got done e-mailing the supervisor of the person who sold me the products. She contacted me by e-mail demanding me to call her after I texted the man who sold me the products. The products don't even work. I they did for me is send me to a Dermatologist for a bad skin rash from using the products. I made sure that the Dermatologist gave me a note written up as document. I also contacted the California Attorney General since I bought the products in California. Please be brave and act on this. Don't let these people get away.

Jun 25, 2019

@Patttt @Patttt im on the same boat

@Romy Brown @romy brown, im doing everything ur advising. You're so right

• Le
      Jun 25, 2019

@MJanG File a suit against the company in small claims court. You don't have to have a lawyer--you can appear pro se. I finally received a full refund after pressing for almost ten months, and I know that the court case was what forced the company's hand. These shysters don't want to have to appear in court and testify under oath. Don't back down! You can win your case!

Jun 25, 2019

@lensor Thank you. Ive tried BBB, DCA, District attorney, no luck so far. So im gonna have to do what it takes. Gotta research small court claim

• Le
      Jun 27, 2019

@MJanG I had an interesting experience with the small claims case. When I initially filed the warrant, the sheriff was not able to serve it successfully, as no one in the store would sign for it. (The name of the store manager was apparently misspelled on the warrant, even though it was what was given to me by mall management.) Within a week after the warrant was returned to the court by the sheriff as "not served--no one by that name, " the manager-owner's lawyer sent me a letter and named his client. That made everything much easier for me, as I now could do a bit of online research and learn more about this unscrupulous businessman named Assaf Amar/Amar Assaf. I became fixated on pursuing my case, and eventually, the legal fees Assaf Amar was paying must have become high enough that not refunding me money was less than what he would eventually owe his lawyer. Also, I know that he did not want to have to testify under oath in court. I charged his sales staff with fraudulent misrepresentation, and I know that I would have won my case. My case was filed with the General Sessions Court, Small Claims Division, in Nashville, TN. Did this happen to you in California?

Jun 27, 2019

@lensor Yes it happened in California with Olivia and Jovani at Arden Fair Mall. I bought the Jelessi Torche device that costs $5, 000. They charged my credit card while I was sitting on their chair with bunch of display of their products. When they return the card to me, thats whan they mention NO RETURN, EXCHANGE WITHIN 14 DAYS. The charge should include 4 facial with a "special machine", which They have not honored. I hesitated and was like what, then they both reply but the device has a lifetime guarantee. I went back to the store to talk to Olivia and Jovani for the facials and they got the nerve to sell me this "cleopatric treatment" which will costs additional $8, 000. Jovani told me that to treat my dark spots (which was why they sold me the Torche), it requires the sencond step which is the cleopatric. I was furious! I was like why didnt you tell me from the beginning of what I was getting into? Anyways, I didnt buy it so of course they were done with me. Shortky the Torche broke and i tried to get it fixed by calling the manufacturer. Thats when I find out Im finacially responsible for : shipping my device with a copy of my original receipt, copay once they receive the device to diagnose the issue (unknown $ amount), and additional fees to get it fix. I was like but its suppose to be lifetime and non of those fees were explained to me. Then they were like, well if u look on our website it says customers are responsible for... realistically, how does a consumer know the lifetime policy until an issue arise, at more the clerks definitely has misinterpret to get me to buy. Now they refuse liability for everything base on their little [censored]ing sign at the cashier ans on my receipt which they informed me of after they rung me up. This is seriously a scam

• Li
      Jun 29, 2019

@MJanG You should be able to take them to court on a charge of “fraudulent misrepresentation.” Yes, these people are scam artists, and they need to be stopped. My son was stiffed by his landlord in Santa Barbara when he vacated an apartment he had rented for five years—she refused to return his security deposit, even though he had left the apartment in the same condition it was when he moved in. California law was on his side, and he was awarded treble damages ($3375 instead of $1125). Since this happened in California, small claims court should be a reasonable option for you, as well. My son found the process to be easy and fairly inexpensive.

• El
      May 24, 2011

I was at this cart while they were still open and I would have to say that I disagree with Richard's assessment. I found the sales people helpful and the products unbelievable! I've tried every cosmetic product in the book and nothing can compare to Oro Gold. The gold facial peel they had me try, in particular, was spectacular!

And honestly, if you search for complaints on any company you will most certainly find it along with positive reviews. Because, people like to complain/vent. But, Im here to say that Oro Gold Cosmetics has great products and you wont go wrong with purchasing their merchandise.

• Nh
      Mar 24, 2017

@ellen251 Why do they engage in their sales practices, if they're products are so great?

• Sc
      May 22, 2017

@NHBigO Because they work on a purely commission based salary and people dont just go into a store they are unfamiliar with..so they engage the customers. and i must say as a former employee at an orogold cosmetics store, when you are working on commission base you have to be a little more engaging.

Oct 22, 2018

@NHBigO Because they are scums and we all need to fight together. File your reports, have you done it. DO NOT GIVE UP, they want you to do that. You and everyone else here has rights. The Complaint board is just one thing, take a moment file with BBB, Federal Trade Commission, file with your state Consumer Affair, and all your social media. We all need to do that stick together and call their and email their corporate office, they are too responsilble for it even though they say they are not, of course they are. Pass the word.

Jan 04, 2019

@scitb That's not called "engaging" - that is called super pushy and manipulative. They are like used car salesmen and seem desperate. They will kill someone for a penny. So pathetic.

Jan 08, 2019

@Justice 2018 I will fight with you. I am in a battle right now. I already refuted those credit card charges. I am allergic to Orogold products so I got a note from my Dermatologist. I already complained to the California Attorney General since I bought the products in California. Unfortunately, since I can't use my credit cards now since it's an on going investigation on my refute on those card charges so I have to wait until they come after me or the charge refute are reversed because I can only get a Pro Bono Attorney since I don't have cash. In the mean time I am exchanging nasty texts and e-mails to the man who sold me the products and his Supervisor. I say don't eat the money and do nothing. Even if you are poor like me you can do something.

Jun 27, 2019

@Romy Brown May I ask how did you getvaround to finding an attorney to help small cases like this? Im stuck after filing everything I could, BBB, DCA, FTC. Any tios will help. Thank you.

Jul 01, 2011

I was just at Sawgrass Mills Mall and can not believe what happened. I was walking out with a bag in hand from another store and an Israeli woman (if you call her that, she was a bit frumpy) grabbed my hand and SQUEEZED it, saying "try the products come here baby, " almost like a hooker. I felt quite uncomfortable and I'm in great shape but did not want to use any force whatsoever. Her partner, a guy with a thick accent, was yelling "she like you, she like you." I finally broke her grasp by saying "if you don't let me go I'm calling security." She started laughing devilishly and I was on my way, but not before about 30 people saw this event. I was shocked and will never go near that cart again.

Feb 21, 2018

@Marcos Rivers Exactly ...they are laughing at the thousands that they took from you. Do not care to talk after
    and do not refund. Send you wrong contact numbers

Oct 22, 2018

@Patttt We all need to get together and file a class action. Yes, they took your money, my money and they are getting away. If a bank or a theif did that to you guys, what would you do. You know the answer. Fight for your rights, we all been a vicitim, we all need to get toether and report this and take these scums out. Why people put up with this nonsense. Filing is not enough, we need to get our full money back, and get real here. They are shoddy and they need to take responsibility for their actions. Do not give up. Sound off to all social media too and file your reports. File to BBB, FTC, Consumer Affairs and get these people exposed.

• Pr
      Oct 25, 2011
    Best Best Advice

October 2011. I was walking by Oro Gold Cosmetics in Copley Place in Boston. A saleswoman was outside the Oro Gold store, holding a tray with packets of products. I said no thank you. She gently grabbed me with her hands and pulled me into the store. She said, "Please try the products. You don't have to buy anything." She put the the Oro Gold Deep Cleansing Gel on me and I thanked her and said I wasn't interested in getting the item. She said the item was a year supply worth. I told her I wanted to go home and think about it. She guaranteed that I would like it or she would give my money back. She used the word "money" several times, as in, "I will give you back your money if you don't like it." When I told her no again, she said she would give me a bonus item, but I must promise not to tell anyone because if her boss found out, she would get into big trouble. She said for me, she would give the 3-Piece Cleansing Kit that is normally $149.95 as a bonus. She said again that if I tried the products and don't like them, she would give me back my money. Worn down, I tell her that I'll buy the product. The saleswoman reminds me again not to tell her boss, that he wasn't at the store that day, but if he found out, she would get into trouble. The saleswoman rang my credit card through the machine and then had me sign the receipt. She then stapled the credit card receipt to the store receipt, and then she highlighted the receipt. She said the next time I come into the store, she would give me a free facial. She folded the receipt in half, then in half again, and put it in the Oro Gold shopping bag.

I wanted to leave, but the saleswoman grabbed me again and sat me down next to her. She started pushing the Oro Gold 24K Anti-Aging Eye Serum at $295.95 per ounce.

I told her i wanted to try the products I just got and then if I like them, I would come back for more. The saleswoman asked me if money was getting in the way, if the cost was too much for me.

I told her yes, that money was a concern. I said if I liked the products I bought, that I would be back at the store next month.

The saleswoman said that when people look at me, they don't look at my clothes or my shoes or my handbag. They look at my face, especially my eyes. She said if my face doesn't look good, then it doesn't matter if I am smart or well-dress, that no one will pay attention to what I have to say.

The saleswoman said that she was 38 years old and that she takes care of her face to make it look this young.

Actually, she appeared older than me -- maybe 45.

She said my eyes had big black circles underneath them.

I said, "Great. Well, let me try these products and I'll be back if I like them."

We go through several cycles of her wanting me to buy more products, and me sounding like a broken record of let's wait and see.

When I got home, I noticed at the very bottom of the store receipt is printed:

We will be happy to exchange your products at any time so long it has not been opened, however, WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS!!!

On the credit card receipt, reads:

NO REFUNDS / EXCHANGE ONLY
    WITHIN 7 DAYS

The next day, I went on Amazon.com and saw the same products for much less.

The Oro Gold 24K Deep Cleaning Gel, which I paid $122.18 ($114.99 + $7.19 state sales tax), was on Amazon for $25 (free shipping).

The Oro Gold 24K 3-Piece Cleansing Kit that is normally $149.95 is selling for $25 (free shipping).

The $295.95 Eye Serum that the saleswoman said I desperately need? $25.19 (free shipping).

I typed "Oro Gold complaints" and there were a large number of complaints about the sales technique. Apparently, it is common for the sales people to offer a money back guarantee, but then refuse refunds.

I called the phone number listed on the receipt 617-236-0007 (Boston store) and 617-766-6845 (customer service line). The lines rang and rang, but no one picked up the phones.

The following day, I called my credit card company. I explained the situation to a representative, that I noticed my receipt had a no refund policy printed on it, but the Oro Gold saleswoman had verbally promised that I could return at any time for my money back. I also said I went online and saw all the complaints the company had about its deceptive sales practices.

The credit card representative told me to return the items, and if the store refused them, that I could contact the credit card company for a refund.

I went back to the store and told the saleswoman that I didn't use the products and I wanted to return them.

The saleswoman said, "We don't give refunds."

I said, "That's not what you told me. You told me that you promised to give back my money if I changed my mind. I haven't used any of the products."

She said, "I'm sorry, but we don't give refunds. Only exchanges."

I said, "You specifically said the word money several times, as in 'I will give you back your money.'"

I told her that I had already called my credit card company and if that if the store refused to give me a refund, that the credit card company would refund me. I asked her if she was refusing to give me a refund.

She then agreed to give me a refund.

She asked, “Why did you not try the products?”

I said, “I found them on Amazon for much cheaper. $25.”

She and the salesman say, “Amazon?! Of course, they are expired products from stores that closed.”

Then she spoke with this salesman. They took the products and my receipts. (Before coming to the store, I had made copies of the receipts because I didn't trust these employees.)

Then the salesman told me to sit (on a chair at a distance from the register) and wait a few minutes while they got their credit machine ready. I thought this was strange since it was almost noon and the store had been open since 10am.

I said, "No, thanks. I prefer to stand right here until I get my refund receipt."

After a few minutes, I got a refund receipt.

The salesman asked me if I lived in Boston, and I told him yes. I didn't understand the relevancy of the question, but I realize now that a consumer has more consumer protections on credit card purchases made within a 50-mile radius.

The following day, I noticed that the refund wasn't even in pending on my credit card account. Then I looked closely at the receipt and it said, "Apprvd: Offline". That raised a red flag to me.

I called my credit card company and the representative said the return was never processed. The rep said she will make sure the $122.18 would be credited to my account.

• Lh
      Nov 16, 2011

A very very similar case happened to me as I was walking through The Copley Plaza on 11/13/11...ended buying the products after deals were thrown at me. As I left the store, I thought to myself "hmm...this seems too good to be true." I came back home to google the company and read the reviews. Indeed, it was! Boy, was I furious! I called my credit company immediately to inform them of the charge from Oro Gold. I was advised to return to the merchant first. So I went back the store to demand a refund. Same response from the sales lady, "Amazon?? How do you know if that is real?" She told me to come back in 20 minutes when the manager is available as he was with a customer at the moment. I told her that I will wait. After a minute, the customer left and I went told the manager that I want a refund for the product. I finally saw their return policy after he pointed out this cream colored stationery with gold lettering in small prints. Who is going to stand there and read the fine prints?? To make the story short, he finally gave in and said "I'll refund it to you because we don't need customers like you!" 11/15, I just realized I've been "had" again! I looked at my credit card...indeed it said, "Apprvd: Offline"! I called my CC again to explain what happened, i've been told to wait up to 30 days before they can dispute it!! OMG!! I'm thinking of contacting reporters to do a investigation on this type of dishonest business practice. I didn't think this would happen at such a high end mall.

@Lhuang I spent 3, 000.00 on this circus and they give me a run around
    I need to know why they don't have a BBB report?
    Where do you go for a refund

• Li
      Sep 23, 2018

@Patttt I am trying to sue in small claims court. Unfortunately, I am not certain that I have the correct contact information. Customer service representatives will not talk to me because I have filed a complaint against the company with the Better Business Bureau.

@Patttt Im battling the same thing for my$5000

Nov 28, 2011

Nov 2011. I was walking by Oro Gold Cosmetics in Horton Plaza in San Diego. A man was outside the Oro Gold store. he pulled me inside to show me the peel and moisturizer. after seeing it work i decided i was going to buy it. he said i need to start now so my skin doesn't get worse. for the peel he charged me 182.00. which he said was half price due to black friday. he said on top of that he was going to throw in the moisturizer and a nail kit for free. like everyone else. if i don't like it, he will refund my money. i was about to leave and he said. i also need the eye cserum. i told himi couldn't. i needed to do christmas shopping. he said how often do u treat yourself? i'll throw in nail kits for two of your friends. plus give you the night cream and a blue eye shadow for 182.00.
    i said no. he then pulled up the website to show me how much the products really cost. see. you're getting a good deal he said. i swiped my card again. at this point he takes both recipts folds them over and places them in my bags.
    when i got home, i google searched oro gold and saw amazon's price. i checked to see if i threw away the receipt. that's when i saw the no refund. i was livid.
    i called the number on the reciept. all it did was ring. he put his number in my product book. the first time i called i got no answer. 2nd time he picked up. i told him i wanted my money back and i didn't use any of the products. he asked why. i told him i found it for 0. he basically told me they were knock offs or probably used products. he said he'd give me an additonal product line. i told him i'd still be out of hundreds. eventually he said i could bring it in and refund it.
    whhen i got back to the store, he didn't even check to see if the products were in the bag. he took my card and gave me two reciepts. on the top it sais refund successful. the bottom still said no refunds. in the midlle were two lines that overlap each other.
    i told my bank what happened.. they told me to play the wait game.
    it wasn't until i read this page that i really looked at the over lapping lines. the fine print was my name.. overlapping in bold print was refunded for 182.10 approved not.
    smh.

Actually, she appeared older than me -- maybe 45.

She said my eyes had big black circles underneath them.

When I got home, I noticed at the very bottom of the store receipt is printed:

On the credit card receipt, reads:

NO REFUNDS / EXCHANGE ONLY
    WITHIN 7 DAYS

The next day, I went on Amazon.com and saw the same products for much less.

The saleswoman said, "We don't give refunds."

She said, "I'm sorry, but we don't give refunds. Only exchanges."

She then agreed to give me a refund.

She asked, “Why did you not try the products?”

I said, “I found them on Amazon for much cheaper. $25.”

After a few minutes, I got a refund receipt.

• Ra
      Dec 28, 2011

I work in an upscale mall in Boston as a Beauty Advisor for a environmentally fit botanical lifestyle brand. An oro gold shop is located on the first floor and on over 15 occasions Ive had women come in either crying or crazed over their horrible products and “bullies”. Well today I had just had enough. A 20 year old girl who attends college nearby came into my shop crying hysterically. She had been bullied by two men into buying an 8 piece mask system and a 24k milk creme moisturizer at Oro Gold. She was shaking and had to return every single item she had purchased that day just to make up for the money she had spent at Oro Gold. She is a loyal customer at the store I work at and she wanted my opinion because I know how her problematic skin can react to non-organic or botanical ingredients. I advised her ( without trash talking another brand) that she probably shouldnt use a milk creme moisturizer because she has oily skin and is acne prone. Also the mask sold to her was for wrinkles and fine lines… SHE IS 20 YEARS OLD!!! I told her she was beautiful and she may want to protect her skin in the future, but she does not need to worry about fine/deep lines or wrinkles. She said she was going downstairs to return it because she didnt want it in the first place and she was intimidated by two european men. About 20 minutes later she came back in with mascara running down her face and what looked like and allergic reaction. She said they claimed she needed to address her horrible skin and even if they could they wouldnt return the product because she was in such need of it. During this false “consultation” she was told if she wasnt satisfied with the product they would refund her 100% and 20 mins later they told her EVEN IF THEY COULD THEY WOULDNT! They also gave her 2 free items or “gifts” as they called them that she DID NOT want. All she wanted was her money back.. Thats disgusting behavior. The product also started creating a rash on her problematic skin. I gave her a mini facial and told her not to let those bogus products touch her face again and to file a police report. I am so outraged by that company. I went in the store and acted like a customer just to see their outrageous behavior first hand and they tried to get me for 2000 dollars. I expressed that it looked like the products werent doing anything as they assured me I needed it I pulled up amazon.com and laughed at them and said ” Hope you like prison because the rate you are going you will be there soon for this HARASSMENT you bestow on others!” Sorry to everyone who fell victimized by this ridiculous scam! A real company should be able to stand by their product.

Jan 26, 2012

I traveled by train to Boston and stopped in the Copley place mall feeling frumpy and having forgotten my make up kit. Perfect target for the Orogold sales force. My experience was similar to those described above. These sales tactics seem Middle Eastern to me-where merchants learn the hard sell to rip off customers who are naive and not on their toes, and you must always haggle for a bargain. I'm not sure this is unethical, exactly, but it is not a process American consumers are used to or are alert to. I'm surprised the Copley Place Mall would have such a shop in their mall. You wind up feeling stupid and rooked after shopping at Orogold. Buying make up and creams should be a fun experience and not break your bank.

• Bo
      Mar 03, 2012

I had the same exact experience at the Oro Gold in Copley Mall in Boston. What they are doing with the their pretend pricing, pretend discounts and hidden "no refund" policy is in violation of MA consumer protection law. I filed an online complaint with the consumer protection office using the link below. If enough of us do the same, they will investigate. Good luck!

• Ga
      Mar 14, 2012

Ok,
    The tecniques of sale are barabrous, but what about the quality of products?

• Kn
      Mar 14, 2012

I, too was walking past the Oro Gold in Copley Place Mall yesterday (March 13, 2012) with my sister. A young woman offered us each a free sample of moisturizer. She then wanted us to come in so she could show us something. She then had both of us sit side by side and put some gel and eye cream under my right eye and the same under my sister's left eye. She oohed and aahed about what a change it had made in 30 seconds. She then had us turn towards each other so we could see each other. Yes, it did look more moisturized. She had just put cream on our skin. My skin started feeling irritated. She gave me a mirror and I looked and saw my skin starting to turn red. She said she could see no redness and then had a young man come over to assure me that there was no redness. I reached over and took a cotton swab and rubbed the lotion off. Needless to say we did not buy the snake oil.

• Ho
      Mar 22, 2012

I experienced the same thing in the South Bay Mall in Redondo Beach, I was completely caught off guard as I was walking in the front of the store.A gentleman offered me a a sample of the eye cream and within 10 minutes I was writing a check out for product. After I left the store I felt like such an idiot, I immediately thought of The Dead Sea Products and it was the same type of scam where the price is so incredibly high but yet after you tell them you will think about it the price gets lower and lower. The Products are not that great and I believe this to be a TOTAL SCAM... BUYER BEWARE.

• Br
      Mar 27, 2012

:( I am 20 years old and got approached by the lady in broward mall in florida, i work as a nanny and she gave me 2 peeling masks, 2 day moisturizer creams, 2 body salts and 2 body creams, The total shouldve been like $600 but she gave it to me for $300, i kept telling her i couldnt afford it and she eventually told me its ok i can pay half now nd the other half next week so i agreed i checked my account now and the full amount has been debited off of my account :( she said if it hasnt worked in 2 weeks i can take it all back and get a refund.. now im doubting i can do that considering all the stories... i wish i could just say no but she had made me feel guilty cant belive this could actually happen to me...

• Sw
      Apr 26, 2012

I was visiting Boston 2 days ago and got the same treatment as everybody else on this website. Very pushy "store manager" sold me a vitamin peeling and a day cream for 119 after advertising it at the beginning for over 250. After using the products I've got a skin allergy and I've to agree with everybody else on this site. Not only the sales tactic is disgusting and outrageous but also the products seem to be of no value at all. DON`T BUY THEIR PRODUCT. BE AWARE. THIS IS ROBBERY.

• Re
      Jun 25, 2012

BUYER BEWARE!! These people are complete scam artist!!! I had the same experience as all of these poor women!! This is harsh sales tactics! After being bullied for an hour ( I have decided I'm way to polite) I bought this product. I was told if I didn't like the product to bring it back and they would work something out. When I returned home I went online and not only found all the complaints but also that I could purchase these exact same products on Amazon for a fraction of the cost. I immediately went back to the Galleria Mall and demanded my money back telling them this is a scam and that I could purchase these products for a fraction of the cost. Well they didn't like that seeing how there were customers in the chairs. They then proceeded to threaten me by calling security and telling me they would have me escorted out!!! So as I turned to walk out I made sure to not only warn the people in the store but also the employee's of Nordstroms. Nordstrom was located 2 stores over. The employees told me they were very suspicious of the Oro Gold store because the same workers only stay 7 months before they pack things up to leave for several months and then come back under a different name selling a different product!!! I learned previously the were selling hair products and before that Dead Sea Products. The workers are from Israel by the way!

• Yv
      Jul 01, 2012

I was in Las Vegas at the Paris casino, and I was asked to try Oro Gold. I was offered a free sample and I decided to try some. I decided to try some. He charge me me a much higher price, then what he quoted me. He would not credit it., but offered to exchange the product for another. I did not want another product; so I will try calling customer service. He did not tell me that there were no returns on the products, and was very dishonest.. I learned my lesson, buyer Be Aware. I will never accept a free sample of skin care again.

• Ki
      Jul 07, 2012

I did NOT make a purchase at this store since I do not make impulse purchases, but I thought I would offer another voice saying I had the same experience with a salesperson in the Boston Copley store. I was walking by, had 20 minutes to run a quick errand in the mall and then get to work, and the guy was handing out samples. So I took a bag and continued walking. He said something about there being 2 in the bag and I called after me, "Great, thanks, I'll give one to my mom."

"Oh, " he said, "Come here, I have something more appropriate for you, then." This did not strike me as strange. I figured he was handing out products meant for older women, since he was standing outside an expensive store in an expensive mall, and perhaps realized after looking past my sophisticated work clothes that an anti-acne product would be more appropriate for my age than an anti-wrinkle cream. Hoping to get a different sample that might actually do me some good, I returned.

I asked if he had another sample to give me. He said he could not give me more than one since some people just come back for samples again and again and they are expensive. But he put some of the deep peel on the back of my hand and showed me and it seemed nice. It was $115. I figured that was par for the course, being in the Copley Plaza, and to be honest I did not even rule out consideration of the product at that price. I asked again if he could give me a sample of it and his name. (I have worked on commission before; I would never buy a product from one salesperson that a different salesperson sold me.) He asked if the problem was the cost. I said (for the second time, I think) that the problem was that I was going to be late for work if he kept me much longer. He also had a foreign accent that made it difficult to understand exactly what he was saying so sometimes it sounded like he was going to give me a sample because he kept saying he would "give" me the product, but he only pulled out the full size so I know he really meant he would "sell" me the product. Conveniently, the $115 product was on sale for one day only for $99, and since I am a student he would even "give" it to me for "only" $89 and throw in the cleanser for free, but I had to buy it right then and there. He was giving me "such a good discount" because he had made a $4500 sale earlier and blah blah something I couldn't understand in his accent.

Let me pause for a moment to point out the absurdity of this statement. As I mentioned, I have worked on commission before, so I know that his "I already made a big sale today" logic was completely counterintuitive. If you've already made a big sale that day and no longer have to worry about making your numbers for the day or starving that week, then you LOSE your desperation and therefore your incentive to give people discounts. It would then behoove you to charge as much as you can for whatever other products you're going to sell that day. If you HAVEN'T made your numbers, THEN you start saying, "Oh my god I need to pay my rent, please just buy SOMETHING!"

Anyway, I told him that it still wasn't happening today and I asked him for the second or third time if he could just write down the product name and his name and that I had to get to work. Never once did I indicate that I had no interest in coming back to buy his product at a later time (and specifically from him, even). So I suppose they know that if they let people get away to research these products then they will never buy them. Because that is exactly what has just happened to me.

$89 isn't negligible to me, but not a price I would never considering paying for a year's supply (as he claimed) of something that would actually improve my skin. And if I had come online and found positive reviews, I may have gone back to the mall, bought the product, and made sure that he got his commission for it-- even though he had seriously annoyed me. But having found these reviews, that will never happen.

• Sp
      Jul 10, 2012

I was at the Irvine Spectrum mall today and the same thing happened to my 72 year old mother!! I was making a B-line for Lululemon when I hear my 10 year old daughter scream for me. I go back to see my mother sitting in a chair getting the massive sales pitch. I honestly never thought once about purchasing the products just because I am one who operates on the belief that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!! She mentioned that they were opening three new stores in the OC area in the next few months. I can't speak for the product, only the way my poor, 72 year old mother was sucked into this store for a half an hour sales pitch that ended in disappointment for the salesperson. She told us she was 36 with 3 kids! She didn't look a day over 25! Either she was lying or the products really do work. Can't imagine this business model will last much longer!!

• Io
      Jul 11, 2012

I have taken by this company a couple of times! Dead Sea, premier dead sea, vivo per lei, now oro gold . Shame on me. Help BBB! ABC NEWS, or somebody? We Americans are getting scammed over and over again, by these ISRAELI scheisters.! I detest shopping now and no longer want to go to the mall. I am sure there are many who feel this way... Bad for our economy! Please get them out of our country.

• Bo
      Jul 14, 2012

I had the same experience as described above today at the Boston Copley Mall. A male salesman, named Omri, approached me and offered me a $124 deep peeling cream for $99. Also, since he had already had a big day today (he apparently had made $10K earlier), he could also give me a day cream for free. When I asked about what other products that this brand had, he told me about this all-purpose cream that cost $3, 000, but advised that I should start with something more basic and work my way up, although I would one day find out how the $3, 000 cream was incredible... Good news is, I didn't get suckered into his sales pitch, but just wanted to share my experience and to highlight how absurd this store's tactics are. Buyers, beware!

• Ut
      Jul 25, 2012

Wow! I was only taken for 90. He threw in 6 other products. So it was less than $20 a piece. I guess I was given him a run for his money when I wasn't buying and probably felt bad. Plus, I look pretty mean. His assistant on the other hand... I think she realized that he didn't any money. She to get me for eye cream. Not! LOL. But I do like the products. sephora for me for now on.

• Xu
      Sep 12, 2012

I had the same experience in Oro Gold store at Copley Place in Boston.
    Exactly the same story, the same strategy they used, they offered me more than $1, 000 products for only $200. 5 minutes after we left the store, my husband did research online and found that this store is a big scam. Then we immediately came back and ask for a refund. They spent a lot of time to convince us to give up return, but we refused. Finally they refunded us through our credit card. However, after we got home, we contacted our credit card company, the refund even wasn't processed!!!
    BE AWARE!!! This Oro Gold is totally a SCAM!!!

• Tc
      Sep 25, 2012

Similar experience here in Toronto, Canada. Yesterday, I was aggressively sold - even near bullied into buying things.
    I knew what they were doing since I'm in retail myself. Again, a pair of Israeli types with a clever bait system and
    secretive discounts and throw in deals. I knew better not to purchase any Of the kits for Oro Gold which rang a familiar bell of a similar situation I faced a couple years back with an "Obey your body" kiosk. Again a middle eastern woman with a cunning sales tactic. Anyways at the time then I Bought the Obey your body nail buffing kit after she offered me a discount that seemed amazing after a bit of resistance on my end. I was immediately reminded of that experience today when a quick speaking female again of israeli or middle eastern descent offered me a demo on this nail care system. I mentioned i already had one etc she then showed me the oro gold peel etc and even had the nerve to tell me the obey your body dead sea items were their competition and so she would offer me a better deal. I had a feeling in my gut they were a similar if not affiliated company and felt something was up. However, being the polite person i am I hopped through the motions of her spiel like a happy dog and pony show. I resisted the sale only to be thrown bargain after bargain...it finally came down to the nail system which she even used a broken box tactic to offer me a good deal. I resisted, and after walking away 3 times she kept calling me back with a better deal, even bringing her partner into the ring to shower me with compliments..then telling me he can't believe she's offering me the items at cost -"Practically family prices" he gushed. He even asked if it was about the money. I played along saying I'm waiting for my paycheck in an attempt to finally escape their grasps. When I think it's over they finally offer me the nail buffer on its own for $9 but before i agreed he had the cheek to put it in a bag and ring it up. I did desire the buffer on its own because i used one like it before and it actually works and the offer wasn't too far off the ones i have seen in drug stores...but i still Felt seriously molested and pushed into it along with the sale and although part of me genuinely liked the item I know I was totally duped. They asked me to promise them I'd come back to get the rest of the set..I played their game but I knew i smelt a rat and I wanted to do research and see if I was the only one that experienced this sort of treatment and brutal sales tactics..turns out I was onto something. I checked out the oro gold website and it seems totally legit i almost thought i could be wrong..and I was shocked to hear from other peoples experiences being almost a carbon copy and even posts about these kiosks being in higher end malls as well. It makes sense if it's true what other people posted about these kiosks changing to a different company/product after 7 months or so..it makes me think Obey your body dead minerals and oro must be a connected franchise. I'm shocked at the pattern and similarities of the experiences others have had with them..I'd definitely like to see these guys shut down for their slimy and unethical practices.

• Am
      Oct 04, 2012

I had a very similar experience today at Westfield Mall in San Francisco at an OroGold kiosk outside of Bloomingdales. Same tactics, same claims that the sales people were Israeli, same everything - I kept saying no and they kept pulling me close and whispering they would give me "special deals." I was tag-teamed by a man and a woman and was very uncomfortable and was made more so when they finally coerced me into signing the credit card slip for $273 - all language about "no refunds" etc., well hidden - and the man quietly said something to the woman in a language I couldn't understand as she kept offering "gifts" while I had the pen in my hand, then she immediately stopped and disappeared. I'm sure she went to prey on someone else.

I walked around the mall fuming for 5 minutes (mad at them and myself for allowing myself to be bullied - I'm an executive at a huge company, for heaven's sake, I know how to say no), and then went back and demanded a refund. They tried to tell me "no refunds" and showed me the fine print on the receipt. At that point I was furious and said VERY LOUDLY that I was demanding a refund, that their practices were nefarious, that I would file a complaint with the BBB and pursue legal action against them. Other customers turned their heads and a couple walked away, and voila, they issued me a refund receipt.

I didn't have to sign for the refund (odd) but it does say "sale voided" and that it was approved online, unlike some other reviewers' experience, and so far neither transaction shows on my credit card statement. Hopefully this will be the end of the matter, but you can bet I will watch it closely.

What a bunch of scammers. Stay away. If they can give you half of their expensive products for free as a gift then it's either crap product or all a big scam and certainly not worth the price they are charging you.

Oct 07, 2012

I have to say that yes i do agree that the sales person are very pushy, but i mean - that is their job
    The products themselves are fantastic!!
    I bought 650(!) pounds worth of products in south molton street in London two months ago and im thanking my self every day for doing so..
    My skin looks amazing!
    Im radiant and glowing!!
    My husband asked me if ive done a secret face lift!!!
    My girl friends literally ran to their shop to buy some for themselves cause they have seen the results on me!
    And also i dont know what they say in the US, but here in the UK its a well known thing that you dont always can get your money back when it comes to skin care (trading standards laws).
    But after all girls - its your decision on what to use on your face, i know that i would spend good money on good products!
    And no i will not buy a skin product online because im scared it will be fake!!
    And really i dont want to take that chance...
    Any way - i had a great experience with the Oro Gold products, i had a great time at their shop as well! The sale person was a very sweet and kind young man, yes, he was a bit pushy - but after all - he was right!
    It does the job!
    So he can be pushy or what not - i dont mined!
    What i do mind is that i look great!!
    I will defiantly buy some more for myself and my two sisters for Christmas.

• Fr
      Oct 09, 2012

I was at the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta! As me and my boyfriend walked by the store, a man came out and handed us samples, and just as my boyfriend took them he grabbed his hand and proceeded to take him into the store to show him something! Right away I knew what was going on and I tried for the life of me to drag my boyfriend out but the man had obviously got my boyfriend intrigued which made me lose the case of getting the %&$* out of there... Needless to say after the man showed him some cool stuff, we left with my boyfriend buying a $30 nail kit! Thank god we only left with that, because previously he was trying to sell him a $120 skin exfoliator deep peel! Total SCAM, don't do it! Trust your gut!

• Ka
      Oct 20, 2012

They just opened one in Santa Barbara, CA. . They're probaly ripping off a bunch of the rich folks from here! This "Italian" dude pulled my mom in the store, gave her a bunch of discounts, (which im thinking if this stuff really had real gold you wouldnt lower the price that much buddy), throwing me off even more; Iam a student at SBCC Cosmetology School half way there to get my Esthetics license and all the questions i was asking this guy about the active ingerdients were unanswered and he was literaly standing there TRYING to sell this crap to my mom ignoring me.. There is somthing defenitly in those products that work great now but give it a few more years and they will make u wish u never spend that much money on those "24karatgold" products! Total B.S! There probaly not even Italian! & im so sorry for all you that got scammed :/

• Ti
      Oct 29, 2012

This is actually a bad and a GOOD result. I actually had a similar experience at an OroGold store in Pasadena. I walked past and was pulled in. The salesman kept saying okay, I will give you this product if you buy this product. I bought eye serum and eye cream and threw in some scrub and body butter. I still said I could not spend that much money as I was not employed at the time. He then lowered the price and threw in a free facial so I went for it. When I got home I felt like a total idiot that I spent the money and I went online to see the lower priced products sold on Amazon. I made the appointment for my facial before I left the store. I called to confirm the appointment and the phone just rang and rang, no one answered. I showed up for my appointment and received a fantastic facial and the salesmam did not pressure me to buy the products. I simply did not have the money and told him so. My skin looked amazing! He educated me on how they work and what products would be best for me. I really love the products and would like to buy more in the future and WILL when I have the money. They are expensive, I admit but because of his no pressure, I will buy OROGOLD products in the future. I felt so much better when I returned home today as opposed to a few days ago. Good ending to this story.

Mar 09, 2013

I love the product I'm 46 and this stuff has made my akin look amazing smaller pores to where you can't see them anymore, tight and overall healthy I love it so much that my hubby is always buying the products on eBay for me at a third the cost.. When I first was approaches by a salesperson he was not pushy very knowledgeable of the product and was given a free facial which btw on groupon that same facial is $55.00 I walked away with two wonderful products that I use as told and see the benefits I will continue to do so!

Mar 20, 2013

I just can from OR Thambo Intern Airport and almost bough the serum and cream for R4400, when i left i got n discount off R1100 and free stuf. Single mum and luckily dont have money to waste

• Oo
      Mar 25, 2013

This is also happening in London, I was approached by a man with a foreign accent who offered me a free sample outside a shop in covent garden, and then was promptly ushered into the shop where the assistant told me he was the manager and tried some product on the back of my hand, then proceeded to try and sell me a package containing a day cream, night cream, day serum, night serum and he said he would throw in a collagen mask and facial scrub for free. This was priced at £1, 200 full price but offered me a special promotion for one day only at £600. When I told him that i had never heard of oro gold and was not going to readily part with my money until i have done my research on the product, he got very irritated with me and walked off.

May 07, 2013

I will agree with most commenters that the sales tactics are pushy and I will also admit that this is the first time in a store in the US where haggling to get a price down is actually part of the conversation (and I haggled greatly). However, I did not walk out of there paying for anything that I did not try on my skin first and actually see very visible results. I am a guy and have tried many different products at all varying price levels and while those products work OK, these admittedly produced positive results on my skin that I had never seen before. Adding up how much collectively I spend every 3 - 4 months on what I usually buy and it was easy to figure out I was actually getting a deal (because 1 bottle lasts at least a year of their products). Yes, the sales pitch easily took 45 mins of my time. But, I got a pretty much a free facial out of the deal, a bunch of free product, and stuff that actually DID work. But, I understand everyone's skin is different. I highly recommend that no one walk out of one of their boutiques without testing EVERY one of the products they offer you on your skin first. Even better - hang out for 10 - 15 minutes (like I did) to make sure results are obvious and your skin doesn't bawk at the product. Keep in mind that these folks are paid on commission so, of course, like a used car salesman, they are going to be as aggressive as they think they need to be. But, we all maintain the freedom to just walk away.

May 30, 2013

DON'T EVEN STOP by the store!! They will lie to you and rob you in a blink of an eye! There is no such thing as refund or changing your mind a second after they slide your credit card! The product is over over over rated and doesn't do anything for you in a long run!

Jun 14, 2013

i see lots of complains here about the sales Technic about the way the sales people are approaching but the product in the bottom line are absolutely great!!

Jun 14, 2013

i think there products are great !! mabey the sells technic is off.. but beside of that i absolutely love them

• Em
      Jun 22, 2013

I had similar problem today at the Copley Mall location. I wasn't aware they ran the refund offline until I got home. I immediately called my credit card company and explained the situation to them. I also sent them a copy of the offline transaction receipt; The manager at Oro Gold attempted to tell me that I would see the credit even though the transaction was performed offline. Knowing that it would be impossible for me to receive a refund with an offline transaction I informed him so. I've sent a complaint to the property owner Simon Malls explaining the situation and the companies tactics I've also sent them a link to this thread. I explained to Simon that I will no longer be shopping at their mall if they allow businesses like this to operate. I frequently shop at Tourneau, Louis Vuitton, Bally, Montblanc, Dior, and Hugo Boss. I explained to Simon that I am going to notify my personal shoppers at these stores that I will no longer be visiting due to Oro Gold. I have additionally filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office. It seems these tactics are practiced at all Oro Gold locations. Normally I am not sucker for a sales pitch, but Jonathan got me good today. Hopefully I will have the last laugh.

• Sm
      Jul 21, 2013

We were in Honolulu staying at the exclusive Sheraton Hotel. To get to the elevator, you must pass by many interesting shops, then there's this Oro Gold shop, every time you walk past, they are handing out samples. Nobody gives them the time of day. Nobody goes to Waikiki to spend thousands of dollars on this stuff! One night, I was very tired, had been out all day, a very handsome 'Italian' man gave me a sample and lured me into the store. He was very handsome and flirting, telling me how beautiful I am. I knew he was not telling the truth, I had been swimming in the ocean all day! I was dirty and sunburned and oily from the sunscreen. He was determined not to let me leave until he had slathered on various products, offered me a free facial, told me he had made a huge sale so he could give me a huge discount, only when I told him my kids didn't know where I was, and I didn't have my purse anyway, and I promised to be back in the morning, finally he let me leave. He said the stuff was $248 for the first bottle, I don't remember the price of the other things. For the remainder of our trip, I didn't make eye contact with any of these idiots, nor go near them. Not once, did I ever see anybody in there store, and never saw anyone else even accept their "free samples". I am shocked to read these other comments! It's like this guy had been cloned!

• Wo
      Sep 19, 2013

What the hell is wrong with you people, how does anyone scam you into buying a cream for $400.00. Do these people have some kind of magic powers, blow some kind of magic dust in your face??? Can someone P-L-E-A-S-E tell me when that space ship landed and dropped all these stupid people off and when are they coming back to get them??