Optical Express / Behaviour and attitude from a member of staff

1 34b, Cameron Toll Shopping Centre, 6 Lady Rd, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH16 5PBEdinburgh Scotland Lothian, United Kingdom

Hi my name is Mr Derek MacLeod and I would like to make a complaint about a specific member of staff named Stuart. Stuart gave me my eye test at Cameron toll on Saturday the 9th of January 2016 at approximately 9:40am. Firstly this man was unapproachable and had very bad manners from the beginning, I feel he took a instant disliking to me. I was made to feel very uncomfortable during the eye examination. During the eye examination he asked me very bluntly and cold which lens was better as if he where in a bad mood. I had mentioned to him I had bought contact lenses on line and his attitude got worse. I do have slight difficulty inserting the lenses and feel more comfortable doing so alone in the comfort of my own home. This seemed to anger Stuart that I had not bought them from optical express and he said very abruptly that if I have problem inserting them then I shouldn't be wearing them. The was this man made me feel was very uneasy and awkward. No one should be made to feel this way and he certainly should not be working with the public with an attitude like that. If this had been an elderly he had treated in this way, I can assure you they would have been brought to tears and most likely been afraid. Before I left the store I had asked Stuart for my contact lenses prescription and he said in a snappy way...no, I then repeated the question and he replied again in the same way no. I have had severe headaches, dizziness and this is due to tension, straining and not being able to see. I currently have contact lenses in which are the wrong strength as my eyes have became worse over the past year since my last eye test .I think this is very unprofessional and unacceptable behaviour and mannerism towards customers and I would like my prescription so I know what strength off contact lens to buy as I will not be going back to optical express after that experience. All I asked for was the information regarding my own eyes and was told no. I feel like I have been treated unfairly and would like and apology from this man as I believe he owes me one after treating me in a unacceptable way.

De