Open Road Acura of Wayne / Terrible service!

I dealt with the service department of Acura of Wayne and their service was an absolute joke. The department lacked credibility and product knowledge in almost every facet of the auto service industry. This dealer needs to re-train both their technicians and their customer service reps in quality of service and in the accuracy of the info they yield to their customers. Worse of all, their Service Manager Steve is an expert at ignoring messages regarding his incompetent staff.

I had an TL on lease from Springfield Acura, but I regularly had my car serviced at Open Road due to my employment in the Wayne area. The best part of my brief story is the ending of my Acura experience. When my lease was up I attempted to return my car in Wayne and as expected they declined my request to return my TL in their dealer.

I now own a Cadillac purchased at Gold Coast Cadillac and regularly serviced at Brogan Cadillac in Totowa. I strongly suggest the Open Road crew take a trip to Brogan and hope to grasp just 10% of the service Brogan is offering. I take it the managers there are forgetting things Open Road has yet to learn.

More Open Road Acura of Wayne Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Re
      1st of Aug, 2007

I too have had such bad experiences with Open Road Acura. My navigation in my 2004 TSX crapped out. I didn't buy from them in the first place b/c they were rude and only interested in getting my money and treated me terribly. Due to my work in Wayne, I sought to have the Navi replaced there. That was June 8, 2007. They claimed the part was on national backorder. After numerous phone calls to them, complete with unanswered questions, being "disconnected" during a call, and general rudeness and inconsideration, (and that was from the SERVICE MANAGER!) I rec'd a call today informing me they finally got the part. Although I was dealing with another Acura dealer to fix this problem, I learned now that Wayne Acura has the part for my car, I cannot get it from another dealer. Must be specifically tracked per vehicle. It gauls me to have to deal with these people but it seems I have no choice. I have a lengthy letter to Acura going out tomorrow, depending on my experience today. I never should have gone to them for service, and trusted my gut from 2004 when I saw them for they are.

• As
      2nd of Dec, 2007

My Acura tsx started running like ### so I took it to the dealer and told them that in 1st gear it wasn't taking off the way that it should. so they said that they found nothing wrong with the car and $1oo.oo later my car to me was not driving any better. less then a week later my car would not move the car was running fine but either my clutch was shot or my transmission is blown either way the should have found this and the said my car was in great condition 36,ooo miles and I have no car what will the dealer do to help? we will soon find out but the manager told me that maybe it was bad gas or some other lame excuse and because I am a female think I am dumb after researching problems with this model others have had the same problem their clutch kicking the ### at 19,000-60,000 miles this has to be a defect. Montgomeryville acura in Pa is not my ideal dealer and I will never buy a car from them again.