OK Rent A Car / DoYouSpain.com and OK Rent a Car

1 Spain Review updated:

I rented a car at www.DoYouSpain.com web site. They redirected me to "OK Rent a Car" rental company in Ibiza.
The "OK Rent a Car" office is located about 10mins from the airport in an industrial area hard to return to. On picked up the Peugeout 206 was with dirt blotches on the doors outside.
On return they inspected the car with a check list and I was informed of a new two cm scratch on the bumper back. I refuted responsibility for the damage but I was told I would have to pay the excess of 90 euro. Although I refused to pay a 90 euro was deducted from my VISA credit card I had given at the commencement of hire without my allowance.
They also rejected to take me to the airport although it was set in the contract, and I had to take a taxi, and I almost lost my flight !!!

Finally to mention that the contract said that as I had rented the car for more than 3 days, I was forced to pay for a FULL tank of diesel petrol (Peugeout 206 has 50 liters tank) costing me nearly 100 euro!
Please change your rental supplier to avoid a seriously bad experience !!!

Comments

• Bi
      Sep 22, 2013

RIP OFF Doyouspain
    You have a voucher stating in black and white the cost, when you collect the car there is extra insurance on (extra 110 Euros in my case) you complain the next day they take several weeks to tell you your OPTIONAL insurance which I did not take and was certainly not given an option to take or refuse is being charged - tough luck. You have been warned

• Mi
      Jun 02, 2014

Upon arriving in Palma the van was waiting to transport us from the airport to the car hire office... which was good. Then, at the office, the queue was so long we had to wait ages to be dealt with. I went though Holiday Autos and did not realise they use OK Rent a Car. There were a lot of extra costs beyond what I was quoted in my internet booking and the insurance I paid for did not cover me for anything. The car was nice (Fiat Punto). We were told by the sales assistant that the office closes at 9pm so to return the car by 8pm at the end of the holiday, even though in the booking it said to be hired from 10am - 10am. So we returned it at 6pm and had to pay for an extra day (about €10) plus €60 penalty notice! That was as much as the car hire for the entire week. The guy checking the car back in was exceptionally rude. We were told (by the nice sales assistant David) to contact customers services when we returned to the UK. He said this kind of thing happens a lot and they will refund me as I was misinformed. Over a week later I have not received a response. For 7 days in Mallorca the car has cost me over €200! There seemed to be a lot of unhappy customers in the office.

• Ra
      Jun 02, 2014

Worst rent a car company in the world. It is actually a scam, not a rental company. No matter what you do, how careful you are with the car and how much patience you have, rent a car with these guys and you will regret it. It will cost you way more than you thought (and that is GUARANTEED) and you will have to argue with some really rude people and choose between standing your ground or missing your flight. In my experience I'd much rather deal with Kenyan corrupt policemen or Colombian guerrillas, OK Car is a mafia. AVOID unless you want to ruin your holidays!

• Ro
      Aug 12, 2014

Absolutely agree with this and all the other adverse reports
    Just returned from Majorca and I'm not exaggerating when I say that the experience with OK Car Rentals was like a black cloud over the trip
    The landlady of my accommodation was appalled and intends to disrecommend this company to all her customers

Unfortunately I booked with 'Holiday Autos' and was not happy to find they were using this company, especially as I'd selected 'airport pick up / drop off' on their website. The OK'office is offsite, on an obscure industrial estate
    Fortunately, due to the ridiculously long queue in their rental office, I used my iPhone to read some old reviews on Trip Adviser threads, warning me about their practices...

Oh and by the way, you can 'jump the queue' for another 10 euros, I was so fed up I probably would have but this 'offer' came after an hour and 15mins when I was already next in the queue anyway
    They also advised me that if I wanted to return the car even one minute earlier than prearranged, I would have to pay 39 euros more for the inconvenience

On pick-up, I had to locate a shuttle bus, bizarrely situated in the departures section of the airport, then hang about whilst other potential victims boarded, to be driven to an obscure industrial estate.
    Next I waited 90mins in their office without air-conditioning, to be told either I took out additional insurance with OK Car Rentals or they would take 600 euros from my credit card, in case of any damage - examples of marks on the seats, scratches, stone chips, etc were quoted. Surely such things would normally be considered fair wear and tear for a rental car?! Not according to 'OK'
    Had already paid upfront for 'Alliance' insurance via Holiday Autos which is supposed to cover all the above, but no, OK assured me that my alliance insurance was purely intended for road traffic accidents involving other vehicles
    Didn't want them to scam 600 euros from my card, so I reluctantly paid 88 euro, for their lowest insurance ('metalwork only'), the staff tried to sell me another 30 euros worth to cover wheels, tires and glass, but I declined
    On collecting the car, they handed me a document supposedly marking off any damage, but later I spotted a mark on one of the alloys, NOT marked on their document (no surprise, I guess, having read so many reviews regarding the extortion which is rife at 'OK Car Rentals'
    Decided to cancel my credit card BEFORE returning the car this morning, as I realised they were already intending to try and rob me for the miniscule, pre-existing wheel scuff.
    I literally threw the keys on the desk and walked away, having dragged my unfortunate holiday cottage landlady out of bed to take me from the OK rental office to the airport, thus side-stepping hassle with the awful staff and to avoid missing my flight whilst faffing about waiting for their s l o w shuttle bus service
    'OK Car Rentals' are anything but OK, in fact they are a nightmare company, who have been systematically stealing from their unfortunate clients for at least the past 3 years, from what I've been reading on the web
    Shame on Holiday Autos and any other broker for using 'OK Car Rentals'
    This company is an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to Majorca Doing the already shaky Spanish tourism industry no favors whatsoever

• Ib
      Aug 04, 2015

Unfortunately our flight was delayed and we arrived at 02.00 instead of 23.40. We waited at the parking in order to be picked-up by the shuttle bus for 40 minutes. Then we took a taxi to the rental place were there was only one person to attend the waiting clients. There were 4 clients before us and we had to wait until 4:40 until it was our turn. We left the place at 5:00.
    When we asked for the manual of the car we received the replay that there are no manuals available. The windshild was very dirty and there was no liquid in the container to wash the glass.
    The return of the car was correct and without any incident. Although I must mention that nowhere else we were deducted 24 Euros for the gasoline even one returns the car with full tank (I know it is in the contract and we were made aware of it).
    Definitely this company needs to be avoided.

• La
      Aug 08, 2015

Don't chose ok rent a car unless you want to get ripped off badly

1. Charged extra 45 euro for more insurance, otherwise they will charge you 600 incase anything happens.

2. Pre filled gas tank( I've read on the Internet it's a common scam amongst car hire companies around here) impossible to spend, given the vehicle was extremely fuel efficient. I returned the car with 80% gas in tank.

4. Odd hour drop off is extra 45 euro.

5. If you get a ticket, parking or speeding, they will also charge you 45 euro for that as a cherry on top of your unfortunate incident.

6. Checked my documents. There was no receipt for the extra insurance coverage I paid for.

It was suppose to cost me 93 euros but after they milked me dry it was more like 300 euros. These people should be hanged for capitalizing on tourists who don't know any better.

• Wi
      Jun 20, 2016

31 customers in front of. Me. 3 of 7 desks are open. We have to wait about 1.45 hrs. I gues. Better post reviews on the doyouspain.com website or let us know which company we will send to before making a reservation.