ODESK / Credit Card Fraud
I have been scammed by oDesk resource. Be very careful while hiring any resource on oDesk (virtual assistant, blog poster, programmer - anything). I had hired this person in November 2009 but didn't give him in assignment (his allowed working hours specifically said "0"). Yet he went in and started charging for work of which there is NO RECORD WHATSOEVER (he claims he worked offline - but nothing in their Online Diary). This service provider, who goes by "PaulSystems" or "Tonmoy Paul" from Bangladesh, started charging over $600 hours per week from end of December. He charged over $3000 on my account since December claiming that he and his team did work for me. As I was away for a month I didn't get to check my bills or invoice during this period. Once I got this information, I reported to oDesk and so far I have 0 response from them. I am thinking of suing oDesk or flush this in the media so that the people using oDesk become wary and careful about this kind of issue with oDesk. Once again, this should be BIG WARNING for anyone wanting to deal with people through oDesk.
More ODESK Complaints & Reviews
- Elance.com - Terrible company! 
- Upworkptr.com - Stay away from these crooks 
- Upworkptr.com - Upworkptr.com a scam 
- ODESK - ILLEGAL SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT 
- ODESK - Financial Account has been suspended PERMANENTLY 
- UpWork - Beware of Upwork.
- ODESK - Keep out, odesk is completely non-transparent
- UpWork - Can't receive my payment
- ODESK - Payment Reversed 
- UpWork - Didn't receive the payment