Oberon Media / rip off

1 New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

oberon media would be the most ignorant and in efficient company that I have ever dealt with. I have been trying for weeks to get the issue of a double billing resolved. One minute there is no record of it the next is pick a new game and we will send you the reg no for another game. I have done that so many times back and forth I am sick of it. They can keep the bloody money if they are that desperate. I went to cancel my game saver ans suddenly I don't exist in there records even though I have bought a lot of games from them. Looks like I have to cancel my credit card. Bunch of crooks. My advice DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM. Get spintop games. redgypysy

Comments

• Mo
      16th of Feb, 2009

I have been trying for 2 days to find a way of cancelling games subscriptions (I have fulfilled my original commitments) which I subscribed through Yahoo Games and MSN Games. There is absolutely no information on how to unsubscribe. It is disgusting and is a bad indictment on the reputations of both MSN and Yahoo, not to mention Oberon Media (disguised as GameSaver Subscription Internet CYP). I have resorted to lodging a dispute with my Credit Card provider. Don't get sucked in to these special deals unless you want to pay forever!!

• Ca
      14th of Mar, 2009

Yes, I am going through the same thing. Their so-called Membership is a scam and I have just finally received a reply that along with my $7.95 monthly game purchase, I am also charged an additional $7.95 monthly membership fee which they have been scamming me every month. They are hoping that people do not check their credit card statements for such a low amount but I do. Now I am owed 2 games and I can no longer get into my account. I have also noticed that most games eventually end up being Oberon. I'm going to write the headquarters in NYC. IT'S AN ABSOLUTE RIP-OFF!

• Bl
      17th of Mar, 2009

I was mislead to believe I was purchasing a CD game which I never received! Now not only did I discover that Oberon has been charging my credit card a monthly $6.95 charge for the last six months, but they are refusing to discontinue the charges! This is not over Oberon! BlueLady

28th of Mar, 2009

I had downloaded a free trial of Dream Day first home and decided I liked it and ordered the cd. When I ordered the game they let me download the full version untill the cd was mailed. Anyway by the time the cd was delivered, I beat the game and did not mess with the cd. Well a year later I had deleted the game from my computer and wanted to reinstall and play. Well everytime I try to install the game the stupid thing tries to give me a trojan Win 32 virus! It does not make any sense to me. I think that the cd is defective! After I delete the virus I still can't play the game because it is missing some shortcut! I will never by another game from them!

3rd of Apr, 2009

Can someone, anyone, tell me how to cancel games through Oberon? What a nightmare. Does anyone know where they are located? E-mailed them, no response. DON't use this company.

• Pe
      20th of Apr, 2009

Here are numbers ive got searching for them. I hope this will help. Im here cause im also having issues with a game i brought lastnite. No Key was sent to my email

New York (Corporate Headquarters)
    One World Financial Center, 27th floor, New York, NY 10281
    Phone: (646) 367-2020
    Fax: (212) 221-9240 This is there corporate office in the U.S. they have had so many complaints lodged against them you can not contact them by number for support only there corporate office. 1-877-721-3537

• Le
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I too have a big problem. I ordered Scrabble Blast but the registration number they gave me to access the game was wrong and have not been able to contact anyone. I tried the 1-877-721-3537 but it's not in service. The 646 area code number gave me some options. Will try that before I call the BBB.

• Al
      6th of May, 2009

How annoying, I have only just realised that this company have been deducting money from my account for months now. I don't even remember using this game site and cannot log in to their site, and they conveniently have no good way to contact them or log a complaint on thei website. How can they get away with this??

• Ti
      18th of Jun, 2009

Please lodge a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission @ www.FTC.Gov. This is a huge agency but the more complaints they receive, the faster they will make an effort to stop this. I have been to site after site of people having the same issue we are and it just isn't fair. You may also want to contact your local TV consumer reporters. They love this kind of story especially when the economy is as screwy as it is and they can usually get results quickly. Good luck and don't give up. That is what they are hoping for. Why make millionares out of scam artists.