Oberon Media / Billing

I purchased 6 games from MSN games online who apparently has paired with Oberon Media. I was billed incorrectly and overcharged on 5 of the games. The only way to contact these people is through their online support email which of course conveniently avoids billing issues. I have emailed repeatedly and only get responses telling me how to install and play the games. I called MSN and they gave me a phone number which I called. It's of course a recording telling me to email if there is a problem. I have no other way of contacting Oberon and in the meantime I still have these overcharges that I need credited. What can I do??

Comments

• Ni
      24th of Aug, 2008

I just found this number on Yahoo, gonna try calling tomorrow: 877-721-3537

6th of Sep, 2008

I ordered a on line scrabble game and was billed $19.95 and was was never able to make a connection. The billing date is July 29. Can you help ?

• Ba
      17th of Sep, 2008

I just went through all kinds of dead ends and non-existant email support addresses etc... after attempting to purchase a game via the MSN game site (run by Oberon Media). I found one link that not only went through, but brought a response to the actual issue. On their support page, I selected "Comments and Suggestions", as selecting actual problems got me no where. I received an email that answered my question within 2 hours. Mind you I also said they had 24 hours to respond or I was going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (Canada). I don't know if that made a difference or not, but I was happy with the response.

20th of Dec, 2008

I have been trying to cancel my subscription and cannot find the site to enter the information to cancel. I had enough trouble just trying to contact Oberon and when I finally got them, thru the "Comments and Suggestions" section of the support page, they told me "You may cancel your GameSaver membership any time by logging in to your account and clicking ["CANCEL"] from the FAQ page." Well try to find the page to log in. I am now back to the "Comments and Suggestions" section asking where to find this page. In the meantime I have been billed another month for a game I do not want.

• Vi
      15th of Jan, 2009

I recently took advantage of free trial of Bejeweled 2 deluxe on an oberon game website. after expending my free 60 minutes, I tried to buy the full game and submitted all my personal information, and the attempt failed and I could not delete my request to buy. So, I bought Bejeweled 2 on another site. This month my bank statement showed an unauthorized charge to gamesaver subscription re:Oberon Media for 6.95 MONTHLY GAVE MEMBERSHIP FEE. I never signed up for any game membership as I only play 3 or 4 favorites. I was just attempting to buy the one game. I have sent e-mail after e-mail and called 800-952-5210 as well as 916-445-1254 with no SATISFACTORY RESPONSE. So, I am stuck with a 6.95 charge every month now and cannot cancel my "so called subscription", and what's worse, I cannot find the webpage or account to even take advantage of this error, by abiding by the terms I never signed up for. So, it looks like I'll be charged each month for a fee in a membership I cannot identify to evey try to buy a game if I waned to. HELP HELP HELP

• Bl
      25th of Jan, 2009

I never agree to sign up for any monthly payment and get bill 6.95 every month please help us every attempt is a failer

• Ri
      25th of Jan, 2009

I am having the same merry-go-round on cancelling my MSN discount subscription. I found this webpage after googling (yeah, not through the "user-friendly" MSN games page): http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3037.htm. There is a link there to (allegedly) cancel your subscription. When I click it, however, it gives me an error message. How clever. Then I went to the "help" page: https://www.oberon-media.com/checkout/info/help.htm# and sent a very angry email asking for cancellation ASAP. I assume this is the "comments and suggestions" page mentioned by Badweed above. Hope it works.

My beef? Did you know that they, despite written representations to the contrary, are not charging in USD? At least, not according to my credit card company, which has taken the opportunity to charge a "foreign transaction fee - finance charge" for every monthly membership fee.

• Mi
      5th of Feb, 2009

I went to the link posted by ripley7700 (http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3037.htm) and was able to cancel with no problem. Within two minutes I received a confirmation email in my inbox stating that my account had been cancelled. Maybe enough complaints from customers made them change their tactics. At any rate, I'm going to check my credit card statement very carefully to make sure there are no continuing charges.

• Ca
      10th of Feb, 2009

l just tried to get my game l ordered online and went to sign on it and l don, t have it and l done the numbers and email over, over again.l still can, t play.can, t yu do something about this . my email is right l use it all the time .l played it and l liked it and you got paid, so whats wrong.l put all the numbers in and letters also. please help.or l want my moey back . thank yu. carolinagold55@yahoo.com

• Ca
      10th of Feb, 2009

I could not get my game l paid for . I tried several times. I put all the information in. I want the game or my moeny back the game is Majong Escape ANCIENT.

• Sh
      11th of Feb, 2009

How can I cange my credit card number? The system will not let me edit it. The systems says there is an error .

• Ro
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I just purchase a game [Fabulous finds] from pogo.com and i can't get the game to play i purchase a nother game the same day and it took i can play the game. I tried to get game to work i put in my e-mail address and the regstration key numbers abojt six times and can't get the game to work.My eye sight is very poor but i did all of what i was supposed to do? The Order number on this is ID27624976 please help!!! my e-mail address is kittycatpaws@cox.net. Fabulous Finds just don;t want to work is there any way you could make the numbers bigger . Thank you Robin Hanson

• Fo
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Oberon Media, Inc. has charged me 10 time for the purchase of only one game. I can't figure out what they are doing. My Credit Card companies are refunding my money and I cancelled my credit card and has given me a new one. On that particular credit card they have billed me 7 games were charged on Jan 10, 2009 and 3 were charged on my wifes card on Jan 18th, 2009. We have reported to our credit card companies that we didn't charge seven games in one day and 3 more on another day. I have tried to reach them to no avail. Only a email can be sent from their webpage.

9th of Mar, 2009

I have had the same problem with their game discount membership. I was able to download my first game without problem (the one I bought when initially signing up in December 2008). Since then, I have recieved 2-3 emails stating that my free game is available for download (one each month). When I go to the site to download my game, there is no "redeem" button to click on-only the option to sign up for the discount game membership again. After trying unsuccesfully to download games several times, and after numerous emails to their customer service department (which only one was answered) I attempted to cancel my account. I went to the link to cancel my account, it asked me to sign in, and when I did, it told me I did not have an account. I find this funny since my credit card is being charged each month. The repsonse I received from the customer service department was basically explaining how to go to the site and download a game. I described, in detail, in each email I sent them that I had already followed the steps exactly to download the game-but it never gave me the "redeem" button. At this point I just want them to stop taking the $10.03 out of my account every month-but I am getting very angry and am ready to take action-especially since seeing that I am not their only victim. Here is the latest email I sent to their customer service department. I plan to follow through with all of my threats if my account is not canceled-and may follow through anyway to prevent this from happening to other people:

I have attempted several times to contact you by email regarding the difficulties I have had with your services. I have received one response instructing me to do EXACTLY what I have already tried-which I indicated in all the previous emails I have sent. I do not need duplicate instructions on how to download my "free" game. What I do need is a phone number where I can reach a customer service representative-preferably a supervisor-in order to cancel this account. IF I DO NOT RECEIVE A SATISFACTORY RESPONSE WITHIN 24 HOURS, I WILL BE CONTACTING THE DEPARTMENT FOR CONSUMER AFFAIRS, THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, AND AN ATTORNEY!!! I am very angry that I am paying for a service that I have been unable to use since signing up. This is poor business and your PR department should jump on this because after viewing several blogs out there, I am not the only one that has had issues with downloading their "free" games. I think that with the number of individuals having this problem, perhaps a class-action law suit would make you pay more attention to your quality control issues and getting those problems resolved for your customers. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible.

9th of Mar, 2009

I received a response very quickly-my account has been canceled. Amazing how fast my concerns were addressed with this email. I still want a refund for the months I have been unable to download these games (which would be Jan, Feb, and March). This company really needs to be reported.

14th of Mar, 2009

I am in the same boat as you. I have just submitted an email and if I do not hear back soon, I WILL take legal action. I will not allow them to continue to steal from me. And that is what they are doing, plain and simple.

• Em
      16th of Mar, 2009

I had the same problem of being charged a subscription that I did not order. I couldn't get ahold of anybody in the company so I called my bank, told them I had an unathorized charge on my account, and the bank reversed the charge and gave me my money back. I also had them issue me a new VISA card so that Oberon Media could not access my checking account anymore. But I agree that this company has some major issues... they don't want phone calls yet they want to provide a service... hmmm...

• Bs
      25th of Mar, 2009

Plain and Simple. Do not get involved with these folks. Only way to handle is to cancel your credit card and move on with life. Nothing much more to say, other than the games seem to work fine, but once a member, there IS NO WAY TO CANCEL via their methods.

• Ru
      8th of Apr, 2009

jadenkirby,

I'm having the same problem and I'm ready to scream !!! I've sent two emails to Oberon Media with no response and just spent over an hour on the phone with a Yahoo rep. Even though my subscription started from a Yahoo Game Page, they say I have to deal with their partner, Oberon. What a nightmare !!
    Where did you send the email that finally got this resolved??

Thanks for your help!

• Le
      18th of Apr, 2009

I should have read this info prior to getting hooked by these crooks. I have tried everything and cannot contact these ... Their email address is false and have no numbers for them. Totally peeved off with them and their ripoff methods. Shame on MSN for getting involved with them, when they know this is happening to people.