North Texas Nissan - Corinth, TX / my nightmare buying a nissan!

My Nightmare - Buying a Nissan at Denton North Texas Nissan.

My old 1996 Ford Windstar with 133K miles was being coming undependable. So, last Thursday Dec 14, 2006, I went alone, my wife was not feeling well, to look at Nissan vehicles at the Dealership; because they had sales ads. After being pressured by the sales staff till about midnight, over 3.5 hours, and not returning my trade vehicle’s keys. Then, I made my mistaken. I purchased a 2006 Nissan Altima.

On driving the Altima home about 10 miles I noticed that the car was very small and that the seats were about on half the height of my Ford Windstar and were not comfortable. This was a bad discovery. My wife has serious arthritis in her legs and would be the primary driver of this vehicle. She would have a very hard time getting into a the drivers seat and a much harder time getting out of the vehicle, because it is too low.

After a short sleepless night I decided to take the car back to Denton North Texas Nissan early Dec 15th Friday morning about 8:30 AM, so they could take the car back before it was registered. I explained to the Sales Manager the problem with the car and that I could not keep the car.

The Sales Manager, personally said, there was no 3 day return policy in Texas and would not take the car back unless I purchased another vehicle. Otherwise, he said that the car would be reposed and ruin my credit. To complete the nightmare UNDER DURESS 2 hours later I purchased another vehicle without my wife.

Now I am stuck with a 2007 Nissan Xteria for $23K+ Plus dollars, which is too much money for the truck. It is better than the Altima, but it was designed for Off Road use, which I will never do. Also the seats are stiff, not comfortable, poor Gas Mileage, and the truck rides is 100 times rougher than my 10 year old Ford Winstar. Not the right vehicle for my family. I would like to end this nightmare and keep my good credit and return the truck and get back my trade or the value for the trade.

Comments

• Di
      2nd of Feb, 2007

My fiance and i were trying to purchase 2 new nissans. After spending hours trying to get the payments where we needed them to be we finally signed lease papers. After some pencil whipping they added a gold preferred maintenance package to his frontier to get hin financed. We left in our vehicles and a couple of days later they called me to tell me they could not finance the truck in his name that i would have to put it in my name! I told them i did not want to do that and that we would just return the vehicles and to get our old ones ready. I was then told they could not give me mine back but his would be ready! I was really upset because the only reason i was trading in my car was because of the deal they were making us on the two. It ended up that they would add the gold package to my car also for all of the trouble they had caused by their mistake. I was not aware that i did not have the same maintenance package on my altima until it was time for the 30'000 mile service to be done on both vehicles. We were already there dropping off the vehicles when i was told that mine would cost me approximately $300 and my now husbands was included. iI was told i had the silver package that only included oil changes and tire rotation! I have called my salesperson and explained it all to him and was told to call him back he was going to pull up my file. I called back and was put on hold for 10 minutes and then told that he was in a meeting . I left him a voicemail and still have not heard from him.

• Va
      26th of Sep, 2007
    North Texas Nissan - Corinth, TX - Don't get involved with this liars you will be so upset

North Texas Nissan - Corinth, TX
    www.northtexasnissan.com

My husband and I were 24 going to buy our first vehicle on our own for his birthday. We get there and find out they have an 05 king ranch with 40,000 miles and only $39,999 and this is in Jan. of 07. They make us buy a power train warranty for 12 months or 12,000 miles at $2,548 mind you the vehicle has 40,000 miles already so this warranty is for nothing not only that, ford diesels from the factory have a 100,000 mile warranty on the power train. So here comes Aug. and my husband decides he wants a Mustang less vehicle and it would drop our $834 a month vehicle payment. Well we find a vehicle we want and need to drop our GAP and Life coverage warranties so that our payoff is lower and we can get financed with out so much negative equity the Life coverage was $4,100 which at the other dealerships was way too high and un heard of and the GAP was $857 so of course we went to cancel these which are optional and by Texas State LAW our RIGHT as a consumer to cancel. They refused repeatedly well we leave I contact FOX 4 News, Nissan Corp., Dept. of Licensing and Regulations (investigator), and TXDOT. We head back up there to cancel our warranties and encounter another woman there with the same problem well this time we bearly get in the door and they sit us down and say it will be done immeadiatly I ask the woman why everyone is being so accomidating and she says I don't know. and of course I said well I guess I got a hold of the right people. We find out that they set us up with all those warranties because the truck is only worth $33,000 and they needed to make up the difference so they wouldn't loose out on the $37,000 they paid on it so through faulse powertrain warranties so they could rip us off with no coverage by them because FORD already does that. So now we are waiting on them to fax us our quote on the payoff which they said would be given to us the next day just call well we did and had to threaten to call the state back and get their license taken away to get the girl motivated to do it so now we are playing the waiting game. They did worse to my dad he traded in 3 paid off vehicles an F350 powerstroke 95, a 69 classic ford ranger, and a remodeled 89 blazer, said they'd give him $9,000 for all of them down on a F250 06 with 42,000 miles on it USED, he got home after signing the contract at 10:30 pm at 58 years old tired and no longer alert to realize what was going on they give him the payments he wanted yeah for 86 MONTHS, 7 FREAKIN' YEARS!!! They upped the price on the truck $8,000 from what they told him. This is a vehicle with no working radio and a dvd player that does not work either and they still haven't fixed it what a waste of money! THEY ARE LIARS AND WILL DOOP YOU PLEASE DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH THEM YOU WILL BE SO UPSET THAT YOU DID. ONE SALESMAN GOT HIT WITH A HAMMER AND IS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL! YOU WILL BE SO UPSET YOU WILL DO THINGS YOU WOULDN'T IMAGINE THANK GOD WE HAVE PATIENCE!

• Li
      13th of Feb, 2008

Feb 11th 2008
    The problems start at the top and filter all the way down - poor poor management at the GM level, Finance level, and sales pressure. The client experience was worse than anything I have ever experienced and I have purchased 6 vehicles over the course of the last 20 years. I was exposed to extreme sales pressure, intimidation, disrespect, and embarrassment - the latter by the GM.

Monday evening I stopped by to look at a 2008 Rogue, it was the only one in the area fully equipped in the color I preferred. However, after looking at the Rogue, the salesman suggested I take a spin in a Murano. Ok - so I did, the Rogue was not so attractive after climbing into a fully loaded dual moonroof Murano, needless to say. Ok so we started crunching a few numbers. I made it clear at the start that I could acquire my own financing; I made it clear at the start what I expected as trade-in value on my 2007 Honda Civic (13K miles); I made it clear from the start what I would be willing to pay per month in a car payment and how much my down payment. I was informed that the Murano's were selling for way over sticker price due to consumer demand and low availability - several thousand dollars over sticker. I continued to let them play their game, however a few hours and being sent through finance when I clearly stated I could obtain my own financing, I started to become "frazzeled" is the best way I can describe it. Then I was hit with giving them a deposit to hold the vehicle while financing was secured - a non-refundable deposit. WHY? Well they explained it is so that should I not acquire my own financing, they can start the financing from their end for the purchase. I then told them I was not comfortable with doing that, and I got the cat's grin with a comment of "oh, we will work with you, you want the vehicle right"?
    Well yeah but I wanted it only if the monthly payment could fall at a certain amount and they had made it clear they could not achieve that with their financing. I did give them a check however, believing that "we will work with you" meant exactly that.

The next day, I arranged financing through my own bank but the interest rate was a point higher than I expected. When we went over the numbers,
    the monthly payment was more than I wanted, so I went back to the dealership to negotiate price again. NOTHIN DOIN' - they wouldn't budge an inch. Claiming that they were giving me more for trade-in than they should be and that they had to increase the value of the Murano. My 1 year old Honda was in excellent shape, low mileage, and I knew what the retail value of the car was before I took it in. They offered me 2000 less than retail value - I thought it was fair, UNTIL they hiked up the "in demand" Murano's price to cover it. No, not fair, not even close.

So after 24 hours they still would not budge, even after checking a competitor's web site, finding the same exact vehicle & options with a internet price that was 2K less - They wouldn't even compete... So I took
    the borrowed Murano back - dropped it off and they refused to refund my deposit. The GM personally verbally embarrassed me when I voiced my difference of opinion regarding the value of my Honda - which he claimed he could have trouble selling it @ 14K so they were offering me 2000 more than it was worth but offsetting it with hiking up the Murano- WHAT ? I told him it was ridiculous and that the Honda was easily worth 16K which was what they were investing, and that I could get a better deal at another dealership - He told me to "GO DO IT" quite loudly in front of 4 of his staff- Ok buddy - you got it.

2 Hours later the folks at Grapevine Nissan, got me into the exact same model/options at a reasonable price meeting my target payment. These guys were straightforward and kind. They sold 4 vehicles in the time frame I was there - on a Tues night midmonth - others must be hearing about these guys.

Tonight I wil be returning for the 3rd time to retrieve my deposit - this dealership provided absolutely no service to me other than loaning me a vehicle for 24 hours. The mental anquish over this deal I have suffered, should have them compensating me. Wish me luck.