Nikon camera / Rip off

United States Review updated:

My husband and I ordered a Nikon digital camera from Blue Hippo. The product was paid in full. After 1 year we still haven't received our camera.

We have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and called Blue Hippo numerous times to no avail. I'd prefer to have the product I paid for, or my money back (including the shipping and handling).

Now it appears Blue Hippo has taken their site down and they will no longer answer their customers calls. I am personally tired of the run around we are getting.

Tr

Comments

• Cm
      10th of Jan, 2013
    Nikon camera - camera
    Electrobrands
    773 Coney Island 2nd floor
    New York
    Phone: 800-325-0304

This is 100% the WORST company I have ever worked with, and I've worked with alot.
    My husaband purchased a camera from Amazon which indicated it came with a 5 year warranty. After about 6 months the camera stopped working. I called Electrobrands to ask them about the warranty and they told me to call Nikon directly. Of course Nikon does not have warranties on Reburfished cameras and directed me back to Electrobrands. The man I spoke with (the are all idiots so his name does not matter) told me to send it to him and they would send to Nikon under their account to have it repaired. I did so, and did not hear back for several weeks. Finally, they responded and said Nikon had not sent the camera back to them and we were still in "wait mode". FINALLy the camera was back on its way to me only when I received it it WAS NOT MY CAMERA! It was a WAY lower model and no where near what my camera was worth. I had to once again sent it back wait several more weeks. During this time I contacted the owner of the company to express my complaints. This guy had the gaul to tell me that I was an annoying customer and they should have not repaired my camera at all and they did not offer warranties. I proceeded to tell him that I had the documented paperwork from his company stating they offered a 5 YEAR WARRANTY. He still argured with me (why i'm not sure, they were the ones that put that verbeage in the sale) and kept proceeding to tell me I was lucky they were doing this for me. Lesson: Make sure you save ALL your correspondence when working with a non established company (which I did). These guys should be shut down, THey are complete ###S