Nikon / cammera under warranty

1 CA, United States Review updated:

My camera side fellof the camera it had been glued by nikon with hot glue . I notified nikon from my extended warranty purchased from Target . I was told to send the camera to California, with a form that you fill out . the form did not say return address, it said bill to ! now doesn't that throw up a flag.
It cost $ 17.00 for me to send the camera only to be told it was not covered under warrant the camera was 3 months old.
I am very disapointed with this company and feel violated as to be thought so nieve . Nikon this will lose you customers in the long run because we WON'T COME BACK NIKON. shame on you.

Jo

Comments

• Ed
      5th of Aug, 2008

I agree with your complain and I doubt you have got any positive solution apart from emails they send with wrong and missed phone contact numbers, and a poor technical information. Also I can not accept that with a few hours of photos in 2 months the camera got so dirty inside in a way that the dirty spots and kisd of hairs can not be taken from the camera's inside. The warranty does not cover this for a so expensive D200! I am contacting the headquarters and also Mitsubishi Group which belongs Nikon.
    Incredible how the support here in Europe (UK/Ireland) made me waste so much time and by the end when I just 5 days counting with the weekend to my travel to Brazil, they wrote saying sorry but it was missing a number in the supplied tel from the service center in Ireland. I am taking all my correspondence and I want someone in Tokyo or Mitsubishi Group can read and see what is wrong.

Regards,

Edvaldo Carvalho

• Jp
      28th of Oct, 2009

Hi
    I think SONY is better than Nikon, recently i had purchased a Nikon S230 insted of a sony W230. I thought Nikon would be better than SONY, but I was wrong the Images from Nikon S230 is very very very bad, the images looks like as if they were taken from a VGA Camera. I complained the same to Nikon they replied back saying that " I dont know how to take photos". The Auto scene selection mode is totally useless. I think we need to go for SONY insted of Nikon, now even sony has come up with DSLR Cameras.