Nexon America, Inc. / Unauthorized charges on Paypal

United States, Tennessee Review updated:
Nexon America, Inc.
On July 23rd, 2009, I received a notice from Paypal indicating that an authorized payment was made to Nexon America, Inc. There was actually 2 seperate charges for $30.00 each. A total of $60.00 was deducted from my Paypal account. I have never heard of this company. I looked up their website and noticed it was a gaming business. When I googled the business, I could not help but notice the fraudulent trend they have started. I have been in touch with Paypal and they are investigating. They claim, we are 100% protected and we will be reimbursed. Why does Paypal continue to allow this company to do business with them. They should be permanently banned from Paypal and also they should be shut down completely as a business.

A  24th of Jul, 2009 by
Well said. I completely agree. I think that customers trust PayPal, and since Nexon gives you the option to purchase NX through PayPal, we automatically assume Nexon is as trustworthy as PayPal, but that's not the case. I'm finding that Nexon is nothing more than a bunch of thieves!
A  26th of Jul, 2009 by
Same thing happened to me on 7/24/09, 2 separate charges of $30 each to Nexon America Inc.
Right before that on the same day, the first unauthorized charge of $10 was submitted to a seller whom I dealt with back in 5/09 who responded with "what is this payment for?".
I think the first $10 payment was a test run to see if the transaction would even work.
We need some help Paypal!
N  6th of Aug, 2009 by
It sounds to me like you are not keeping your Paypal user ID and password secure, or your PC has been compromised. Either that, or you have teenage kids in your house who are playing one of Nexon's FREE games and buying upgrades with your paypal account. If your Paypal user ID and password are secure, and your PC has not been compromised, then you will not have illegitimate claims on your account.

Is it the police departments fault that the stuff in your car got stolen because you left your windows down? No, and it should not be Paypals fault if you do not secure your user ID and password. People cannot just "take" money out of your Paypal account, they need access.
D  11th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Having the whole Company being shut down will result into 10 Million angry players...Not a good idea there.And you will know that it will be your fault.