Newport News / false advertising
Their website says that refunds are "promptly" given "within 15 days". 25 days after I promptly returned my merchandise, the company has NOT released my refund, and they tell me blithely, "we can't touch it." Nor is anyone in their call center quite clear on exactly when the refunds are given; at first I was told, 4 days. Then 7. Then 15. Then "at least 4 days." And today, "at LEAST 60 days." THIS IS NOT PROMPT. And when you point this out to the call center reps, they say, "Well the website is incorrect, MA'AM, " as a response to the question, "Why don't you honor your return policy as stated on your website?" Further, they don't care and can't help you--and supervisors and managers evidently have the power of invisibility, since they will tell you, "we can't find any." Nope. They've got my money AND their shoddily made dress, and I can't have EITHER of them back. So, I filed a complaint with the BBB. This is a headache, and I will check the companies out before I buy online again.
More Newport News Complaints & Reviews
- Newport News - deceptive marketing practices 
- Spiegel / Newport News - hidden charges! 
- Newport News - billed multiple times for ordered clothing 
- Newport News - hidden charge of "free shipping"! 
- Spiegel / Newport News - spiegel is a dishonest company. shame on you! 
- Spiegel / Newport News - I don't know what to do
- Newport News - you can't get your money back even when it's their mistake 
- Newport News - bad experience from start to finish
- Spiegel/Newport News - dispute of charges!
- Newport News - credit card charges not approved