[Resolved] NewEgg / black friday sales sucks!

Newegg advertised a Black Friday sales of the lenovo G555(087325U) NoteBook for $299 starting on 12 AM pacific time on Friday morning. Since I am in East Coast, I have to wait all night til 3 AM for this sale. Right at 12am PT I put in the order for this notebook. The item was in my cart. I proceed to checkout thinking it would worth my staying up all night. In the middle of checkout, suddenly the screen become blank with the word 'The Server Is Busy'. When I recovered from and tried to repeat the checkout( the item still in the CART), in the middle of checkout, my item was suddenly disappeared from my cart(0 item). I tried to re-order the item but it was SOLD OUT and put me in auto reply.
I am a long time newegg fan and I expect Newegg to honor the fact that when I order the item in my cart, it should be equivalent to I putting the item in a 'real' cart and should not be taken out without my consent. It is not my fault not to finish the checkout. It is Newegg's sever getting too BUSY that I cannot completed my checkkout.
To add salt to the injury, on satuaday Newegg sent me an auto reply email telling me the notebook is available for me to buy but at full price $499.
I am really disappointed at Newegg, a company who claim to have the best customer satisfaction, to just yanked out an item form my shopping cart during checkout procedure and not to honor the sales . This will leave a lot of bad taste in my mouth for a long time with Newegg.

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Dec 10, 2010

Dear oht3075,

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused. The fact is we do not offer locks, holds or reservations on the products prior to order submission and charge. This is done offer our customers the products we sell on a first come, first serve basis.

Black Friday promotions are great offers and are extremely popular. In the majority of cases these items sell out in the course of a few short minutes if not sooner. Unfortunately due to the nature of Black Friday specials, the promotions offered are limited to stock availability, as listed in the promotion itself.

Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at Maverick.B.[protected]@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.

Oh

Comments

28th of Nov, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me. I was trying to purchase the 47" TV. Same thing... waited for sale to start put in order... got server busy page then got error "removed from cart" . I didnt even have to put my credit card info in because I already had it on file. What a SCAM. Since then I have removed myself from all there mailings and WILL NOT be using them again.

• Ne
      15th of Dec, 2010

I wish thats all that happened to me, unfortunately I tried five more times over the course of two days. On the 6th time my order worked! ...and then I found out that newegg had charged my account all six times!!! Over $120 in fees stemming from this all they could offer me was a $40 store credit. really???
    The worst part is that I ordered this computer (to build) because I had to return the previous order they sent me of faulty parts. yayyy.

• As
      24th of Nov, 2011

You're an idiot. I don't know what makes you think you're so special and entitled to anything, but it wouldn't matter what store you go to; if you're shopping online, having an item in your cart does not mean you're guaranteed to be able to get it. It's not some magic hold on an item. And they couldn't possibly do things that way. I'm sure there have been plenty of times you added stuff to a virtual cart and never did anything with it. In a store, you can't get away with that. If they put a hold on every item put into a cart, they'd make a mess of their stocking system. I'd never expect them to do it just to please some ### that wants to cry like a little baby when he doesn't get the item he wants.

God forbid you ever try and get a Bag of Crap from Woot. Their servers are crushed as soon as the thing comes up. That's what happens with popular sales. Servers go down. It doesn't make it Newegg's fault that "waaah waaaaah it took the item from my cart and told me it was sold out". Good lord, it's like you believe someone actually came and took the item right out of your own cart, just because you weren't as fast as others to checkout. Honestly, grow up. You're pathetic.

24th of Nov, 2011

Hey ASkepios... or should it be ### epios. I see you really have your finger on the pulse since your response is a year later. I find it interesting that you can make an assumption and a wrong one a that. I'm glad you think that I would be crying, but thats far from the case, since with this economy stores like NewEgg need customers, I don't need or needed to cry I just wont or have given them my business and wont in the future. This site is for complaints and for customers to know what business are doing the wrong things or having bad business practices. I really feel sorry for you that you think you need to comment on something that has nothing to do with you and you apparently have so little intellect that you feel you need to make references to something different that has nothing to do with the subject in hand.