[Resolved] NewEgg / extremely frustrated w/ newegg's return policy
I purchased an XFX Radeon HD 5870 graphics card from Newegg on 1/27/2010.
I started assembling my new gaming system this week and discovered the graphics card is too long to fit my Cooler Master Gladiator 600 chassis. The card is 11" long and the space available is about 10.5".
I have since learned the Radeon HD 5870 series cards are excessively long and won't fit many industry standard mid-size towers including those from reputable manufactures like Cooler Master.
I contacted Newegg on 2/2/2010 and received a RMA. However they will ONLY replace the graphics card with an identical one (i.e. same make/model), which in my situation does me absolutely no good.
I contacted customer support via email and tried to explain my situation and received a boilerplate reply essentially stating "Sorry, but that's our policy." Further follow-up emails fell on deaf ears, reiterating the policy and end by stating, " We won't make an exception."
I take my share of the blame here for not properly researching the unusual size requirements of the Radeon HD 5870 graphic cards. To be honest I have built several systems in the past and never experienced this problem.
That said, I find Newegg's rigid return policy is extremely frustrating. I have been a loyal Newegg customer for many years (including over $3, 000 worth of purchases in the last year). I would like to continue giving Newegg my business, but this experience has shaken my trust. I have MANY choices of where to shop online, but I choose Newegg. They are not always the least expensive, but they have always been trustworthy and reliable.
I would like to either receive a refund OR a credit so I purchase a Radeon HD 5850 series card, which measures only 9.5" in length. I'm bummed about using a slower card, but switching to another chassis is not practical. The computer is completely assembled and is just waiting for a graphics card.
I am hoping that a Newegg representative will read this post and help me resolve this situation satisfactory.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Feb 08, 2010
Dear Mr. Hanley,
Thank you for posting your comments. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the return policy for the item you purchased. I understand that a replacement will do you no good and would like to extend a hand to try and assist you with options. At your earliest convenience, please contact Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or Joshua.L.[protected]@newegg.com.
More NewEgg Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - online scam 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!) 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com! 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - do not buy anything as a gift from newegg 
- Newegg.com. Cn - awful customer service 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - avoid newegg if you're the type of person who wants their coverage plans to be well worth the extra money 
- NewEgg - selling defective products
- Newegg.com - big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information
- [Resolved] NewEgg - delivery, a horror story