New York Times delivery

consistently missed papers

4.5
New York Times
New York, New York
I'm a long time subscriber, never had any problems, but for the past while the delivery service has been missing my apartment far too frequently. Also other errors like leaving papers at my door after I've notified that I'll be on vacation. I'm on the phone with the nytimes what seems like every few weeks reporting problems, chiefly missed papers.

A few weeks ago I was told that the distribution manager would call me back to try to fix this, never heard from him/her.

Yesterday we reached new lows. No delivery at all in the morning. I called and was assured of a replacement. Nothing arrived. So I called again and after apologies was promised the full replacement would arrive this morning. Of course not today either.

The impression created is that the nytimes has given up on its print version circulation, doesn't care about customer service anymore.
Complaint comments Comments (6)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers

Comments

A  20th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
TOTAL AGREEMENT: Today's excuse was:

YOUR PAPER WILL NOT BE DELIVERED DUE TO PRODUCTION DIFFICULTIES. YOUR COMPLAINT IS NOTED"

Verbaitm.

TET, all of my neighbors who are 7 Day A Week subscribers got theirs.

They are obvious;ly squeezing out the marginal or even all print edition consumers, one by one.
N  27th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Where's my paper???
N  26th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
For the third consecutive week my NYT Sunday Times was: not delivered on Sunday .. received one on Monday which in my opinion is not a Sunday paper when delivered on a Monday (2wks ago) ; delivered 5 hours late after I drove 5 miles to purchase one from mini-market (1 wk ago); Not yet delivered today 4/26/2015 A.D. 1:07 PM EST. I complained online each time and never received an explanation. I submitted the above today followed by "WTF??? I have an intense desire to know why this is happening" . Not that I expect either a reply or a satisfactory reply . Will follow up Monday.

RRA
A  18th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have been in almost constant communication with the NyT about delivery problems for the past month or more. It is inconceivable to me that they are unable to provide reliable service. This is contempt for consumers and makes me furious. If anyone knows how to have any impact on this, please share. Also, those cute Xmas cards from delivery people - the ones with return envelopes to send money- must be frauds. I don't believe that there is a an assigned delivery person or someone would be able to contact them.
N  28th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
There are real delivery people; we see them as we wait forlornly outside our door in the early am waiting for our missing papers. They are very nice & we have been known to use the cute & even not so cute xmas cards to send them $$ at the holidays. We have no solution & be assured we are equally annoyed. Sometimes we even get a partial paper missing some parts but with seemingly no rhyme nor reason as to which parts. All we can say is NOT to bother calling the main offices in wherever they are in the country about a missing anything in NYC because as nice as they are on the phone, they have literally zero knowledge about NYC home delivery. Good luck to us all. I can't believe that the issue would be actual contempt for the longtime print subscribers (as we are as well) but I understand first hand how it might really feel that way day after day to all of us
A  22nd of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Resubscribed, as I do for the Sunday NYT in the fall of each year. No paper on the first Sunday. Cognizant of the non-delivery issues of prior years, I cancelled. The STS Customer Care office, whatever that is, contacted me and extended the discount rate period by 2 weeks. They guaranteed delivery on the second week. Surprisingly, again no paper delivered. I was a paper boy as a youngster. If I was this incompetent, I would have been sacked by the newspaper and would have to explain to my parents why I was not smart enough to complete a simple task. I assume the "delivery person" has no such concerns.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree