New York Times deliveryconsistently missed papers

I'm a long time subscriber, never had any problems, but for the past while the delivery service has been missing my apartment far too frequently. Also other errors like leaving papers at my door after I've notified that I'll be on vacation. I'm on the phone with the nytimes what seems like every few weeks reporting problems, chiefly missed papers.See Top 10 Worst Companies in New York, NY
A few weeks ago I was told that the distribution manager would call me back to try to fix this, never heard from him/her.

Yesterday we reached new lows. No delivery at all in the morning. I called and was assured of a replacement. Nothing arrived. So I called again and after apologies was promised the full replacement would arrive this morning. Of course not today either.
The impression created is that the nytimes has given up on its print version circulation, doesn't care about customer service anymore.

Comments

• St
      Nov 20, 2010

TOTAL AGREEMENT: Today's excuse was:

YOUR PAPER WILL NOT BE DELIVERED DUE TO PRODUCTION DIFFICULTIES. YOUR COMPLAINT IS NOTED"

Verbaitm.

TET, all of my neighbors who are 7 Day A Week subscribers got theirs.

They are obvious;ly squeezing out the marginal or even all print edition consumers, one by one.

• Ca
      Feb 27, 2011

Where's my paper???

• Rr
      Apr 26, 2015

For the third consecutive week my NYT Sunday Times was: not delivered on Sunday .. received one on Monday which in my opinion is not a Sunday paper when delivered on a Monday (2wks ago) ; delivered 5 hours late after I drove 5 miles to purchase one from mini-market (1 wk ago); Not yet delivered today 4/26/2015 A.D. 1:07 PM EST. I complained online each time and never received an explanation. I submitted the above today followed by "WTF??? I have an intense desire to know why this is happening" . Not that I expect either a reply or a satisfactory reply . Will follow up Monday.

RRA

Jun 18, 2017

I have been in almost constant communication with the NyT about delivery problems for the past month or more. It is inconceivable to me that they are unable to provide reliable service. This is contempt for consumers and makes me furious. If anyone knows how to have any impact on this, please share. Also, those cute Xmas cards from delivery people - the ones with return envelopes to send money- must be frauds. I don't believe that there is a an assigned delivery person or someone would be able to contact them.

Sep 28, 2017

There are real delivery people; we see them as we wait forlornly outside our door in the early am waiting for our missing papers. They are very nice & we have been known to use the cute & even not so cute xmas cards to send them $$ at the holidays. We have no solution & be assured we are equally annoyed. Sometimes we even get a partial paper missing some parts but with seemingly no rhyme nor reason as to which parts. All we can say is NOT to bother calling the main offices in wherever they are in the country about a missing anything in NYC because as nice as they are on the phone, they have literally zero knowledge about NYC home delivery. Good luck to us all. I can't believe that the issue would be actual contempt for the longtime print subscribers (as we are as well) but I understand first hand how it might really feel that way day after day to all of us

• Ra
      Oct 22, 2017

Resubscribed, as I do for the Sunday NYT in the fall of each year. No paper on the first Sunday. Cognizant of the non-delivery issues of prior years, I cancelled. The STS Customer Care office, whatever that is, contacted me and extended the discount rate period by 2 weeks. They guaranteed delivery on the second week. Surprisingly, again no paper delivered. I was a paper boy as a youngster. If I was this incompetent, I would have been sacked by the newspaper and would have to explain to my parents why I was not smart enough to complete a simple task. I assume the "delivery person" has no such concerns.

• La
      Mar 30, 2018

I subscribed 6 months ago for my Husbands birthday and I have yet to receive ONE paper. We have called multiple times and no one has provided any clear answer as to why our papers are not being delivered. Also, I am still being charged after they said they canceled delivery & refunded my payments over 4 months ago. I am still getting charged on my credit card 6 months later for paper delivery. I live just north of San Francisco, one of the largest cities in America. You'd think they would be able to #1. delivery the paper #2. cancel payments since the NYT is one of the largest new papers in America. Makes you wonder if the company is going under... From doing research, it's nice to see that a lot of people are still getting the actual paper and not choosing the digital route. So with that being said, NY Times paper industry is still being highly supported from us, so why cant they figure their stuff out?? Very frustrated to say the least and hugely disappointed in this company...

Also, my family has been a huge supporter of the NYT for over 45 years, and due to this they chose to cancel their paper delivery (in Santa Barbara) as they don't want to keep supporting such a dysfunctional company.

• La
      Jul 03, 2018

I have been a seven day a week subscriber for over a year. Recently I have had major delivery issues.
    The record:
    1. paper is frequently missing
    2 promised replacement papers have NEVER been delivered( EVER)
    3 promised phone calls from local representatives have not materialized
    4 I have been told that my complaints have gone to the "highest levels" .. a number of times.. no action

I am using my experiences with the NY Times as a case study on how not to be a " world class company"
    Larry G. 7/3/2018
    I agree with others, the times wishes to exit the print paper, they simply do not have the managerial expertise to do. so

• Se
      Jul 09, 2018

I made an address change on 3/31 - The next week during a snow storm I got the paper. I figured WOW this is impressive -

Sunday Edition Only
    05/05 - No papper
    05/12 - 05/17 suspended (out of town)
    Missed 3X of June
    Missed first all weeks so far

As of right now I have a $41.04 - I'll take that in cash please

• Ve
      Aug 04, 2018

No magazine was delivered today. Trying to reach customer service is a joke. Pre-recorded instructions lead to sites that are no longer active or phone numbers that put the caller into a maze of additional numbers and sites. Hold times are ridiculous. Just wanted to get the magazine re-delivered. Did finally speak to customer service rep Gina who was very helpful and when she reminded me I could also use the website, I reported that the online service was useless. I look forward to getting my re-delivery tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2018

After receiving no response from the NYT regarding an electronic notification I posted to them yesterday (10/26) about non-receipt of the paper, I received a general email announcement this morning (10/27) indicating today's paper would be delivered tomorrow due to "production problems" I think it is getting close to the time for me to cancel my subscription. If they can't handle production and distribution problems this calls into question, in my mind, their ability to effectively manage the objective collection and communication of open, honest, objective news and ideas.

Nov 10, 2018

Two weeks in a row with no paper delivered My friends one block away got their paper last week and today .I do not want Saturday, s paper on Sunday credit my account. One more non -delivered paper and I am canceling my home delivery

Nov 10, 2018

No Sat paper 2 consecutive weeks .Next door neighbor got their papers.Credit my account for paper on Nov 10 .If this happens one more time I will permanently stop home delivery

Jan 13, 2019

I signed up three weeks ago for Sunday only delivery. I was promised my first paper 2 weeks ago. It never came. I called on Sunday to complain. The CS rep said someone would call me back from the delivery depot and that a replacement paper would come. Nothing. No call. No paper. I called on Monday to follow up. They apologized and said it would be there next week. No paper the next Sunday. I called again. They told me they would send a replacement paper. I have yet to see it, and honestly, after reading the comments here I don’t expect one. How can the best paper in the US have such a crappy attitude towards their customers. This is digesting. It’s a shame really. A shame. I hope that somehow, somewhere someone very high up in the organization reads this page of comments. It’s a sad commentary on not only a bad business model, but low integrity. Making promises they don’t seem to care to keep. It’s almost criminal.

Jul 23, 2019

Worst delivery service around. My delivery person can't tell that it's raining, and I get a soaked paper left on the stoop. Doesn't take rocket science, but still seems too much for him. And nobody at NYT seems to care.

Jul 24, 2019

I signed up for 7 day a week delivery on July 4. 20 days later and I've yet to receive a single paper. I've gone through their chat support system 7 times and been told 4 times it would be escalated and I would be given a call. Never got a call. Same BS empathy 'we understand your frustration, this will never happen again' line from chat support. Cancelling subscription now.

Jul 24, 2019

Canceling my subscription after 40 or so years. Incompetence doesn't describe it. After 7+ calls, including a few to
    supervisors, I left two messages on their CEO line. Then I left two messages for their regional distribution manager.
    Nothing. All I did was to have moved about 1/2 a mile. Today, a supervisor told me that there were new delivery
    people who couldn't locate the addresses of the subscribers. I live in a condo in the center of a large, busy
    exurb of NYC. I suggested that the NYT increases salaries enough for their delivery people to be able to afford
    to buy GPSs. What a shame.

• Sh
      Sep 29, 2019

@allegra hope Agree with so many of the complaints. I live in a 10 unit co-op in lower Manhattan. Always great delivery for years...but, no more. Today, a typical Sunday, of the 6 wknd subscribers in my building, no papers have been delivered..and will not be as it 5 minutes to 11am. Ditto for yesterday.

• Br
      Oct 05, 2019

I had 7-day home delivery since 1997. For decades, service was flawless. Because of non-delivery, I changed to Fri-Sunday subscription. Now I get NO PAPERS. 3 similar subscribers in my building. We all get NO PAPERS. This is my last month. Read the paper since 1960. I guess this is the end. SHAME.