New York & Company / bad service

Carolina Place Mall, Pineville, NC, United States Review updated:

Hello, my name is Ashley. I visited New York & Company store about a week ago and I was very unsatisfied with my visit! When I first entered the store a woman was standing at the front and there was no greeting, smile, or anything. I just received a look up and down with an attitude while she smacked her chewing gum. I was really suprised by how rude she was. Automatically I felt uncomfortable in the store. I work part time at G.H. Bass and I know what customer service is all about and I would never treat a customer like that. Your customers are your #1 priority! The main visit with the store was for a couple pair of dress pants for work. Luckily I found a couple pairs I liked. I then left to go look around the rest of the mall to see my other options before I bought the dress pants from New York & Company. I looked around for about an hour and didn't see any other pants I liked. It was about 15 minutes before the mall closed and I decided that I wanted to get the 2 pair of pants I saw earlier at New York & Company. As I rushed from one side of the mall to the other I made it about 8 minutes before closing time, knowing exactly what pair of pants I wanted and what size. As I entered the store to make my purchase the same woman with the negative attitude from earlier was straightening some cloths on the front table while she was chatting with I assume was the manager(he had a headset on). She once again looked at me and did not greet me and as I walked past her I heard her say, "WOW... only 7 minutes of shopping! I hate when people do that!" I turned around and looked at her in shock that she actually said that. She just looked and me with a smerk on her face. I came very close to not purchasing the pants and just walking out but I really wanted the pants. As I was standing in line I could hear her and the manager laughing about the situation. The line took for ever... there were two women in front of me and I literally stood there for 10 minutes. When I finally purchased the pants and headed out of the store, the manager said, "have a nice night" with a smart attitude and I did not respond, I heard the woman start laughing. I have never in my life been treated with such disrespect from a clothing store. Not only does it make the employees look bad, it makes New York and Company look bad! I love the cloths from NY&C and it's a real disappointment to me to feel as if I cannot go back into that store just because I might have to see that woman again. I didn't get the womans name or didn't even think about it at the time because I was so mad. She was an older lady with medium length light brown hair. I will not be going back to NY&C store in Carolina Place mall! I would hope you let it known to your employees about this complaint to let them know that they cannot treat customers with such disrespect. Thank you for your time.

-Ashley

Comments

• Tc
      Jul 21, 2010

I shopped at New York and company. The service in the store was okay. I wrote a check for my purchases and the store electronical withdrew the funds and the next day they presented the check, I saw this on my bank statement and called the bank they stopped payment ont the the check. New York and Compant turned me in to a collection agency even tho they had been paid. I had to fax bank info to Tele chex and New York and Company. They claim the matter willed be cleared up in 7 to 10 buisness days. The store offered no apology. I will not give this company anymore of my money.