New England Mint Obama Coins / I ordered 2 sets of the coins and have not received anything yet.

I saw a ad on TV for the Obama Coin Collection by New England Mint Obama Coins. I bought 2 sets for my grandchildern for Christmas.The order was placed the 15th of Nov..I received a card saying the they were on back order and would get them in approximately 4 weeks. I go in on the internet and check the order and still told it is back order. I have not received any other communication of any kind from them. I have no other way I have no other to contact them. Is this a fraud?

Comments

An
  24th of Jan, 2009

I ordered 3 sets and the same response was given to me. I'm wondering if this is a scam also.
Will someone help me find out.

Angela Alexander

Ke
  30th of Jan, 2009

I also placed my order back in November and received a card saying they would be shipped shortly. I didn't keep the card so I had no way to contact them. I checked my credit card statements back to November but I was never charged so I just figured I would never see the coins. I'm happy to report that I received my coins in the mail today. If you ordered through New England Mint, they say if you have any questions on your order visit www.customerstatus.com. Hope this helps.

Br
  12th of Feb, 2009

Hey People! I just want say that I apologies for once being a part of this company! I want to add that I was one of the only few giving advice and helping customers to my max which includes notifying supervisors and getting customers happy! Now they do not charge until products ship thats due to the company being idiots and never making the product before they sell it.. So Obama coins! There not in stock ... they use excuses like its a 3 step process to make the coin etc.. Bottom line a company should not be selling something that cannot ship with in 3 days ... If you order cars from the website it does not mean your mustang etc is available in stock! also they use virtual fox pro v 9 which loses customers orders and charges people twice etc. Also beware if you use a credit card your whole number is on file with the expiration date meaning any rep can use that info and steal your credit..

To make matter worse Peter Kessen the office manager at 22 south smith street in norwalk ct and lipenwald is the real companies name has been warned by me and customers that illegal stuff was going on! I lost my job due to standing up for whats right! I could and wanted from the bottom of my heart help all you customers and do right by u ! I f Mr. Lipset owner only knew what his company is really up to.. Keep the fight i will.. HELP BRING PETER KESSEN TO JUSTICE!

Re
  20th of Feb, 2009

I ORDERED THE 2 COIN OBAMA SET ON 01/08/09. THEY TOOK OUT $19.90 ON 01/09/09, FROM MY ACCOUNT. NOW ON 02/20/09, NEW ENGLAND MINT TOOK ANOTHER $19.90, FROM MY ACCOUNT. WHEN I CALLED THEM, THEY SAID I WAS WRONG! BUT MY BANK STATEMENT SHOWS THE TWO SEPERATE WITHDRAWS. WHAT TO DO?

RENDALL P.

Br
  25th of Feb, 2009

I order (1) Obama coin and haven't received any thing yet, I hope this not scram!!!

Bruce L.

Ca
  5th of Jun, 2009

i ordered Obama coin set and i recieved an email from no-repltbuy Obama coin.com and it was in november and i havnt recieved them it came out of my account but still no coins

Da
  14th of Dec, 2010

Just to let you all know; YES IT IS A SCAM!!!
I Orderd the 2 dollar bill with the national park inprint. I got charged the 30 dollars for it right away, and 3 days later they charged me for anouther $370 dollars without any authorization. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from New England Mint. I am still having an investigation done from my bank. I already reported them to Better Buisnes Beuro and I suggest you all do the same.

Dj
  18th of Feb, 2011

I've never ordered anything from "New England Mint", All thought back in December I placed an order for the "Elvis Commemorative $2 Bill" for a Christmas present, but after I was 'Never' charged for the item, I decided to call them. They told me they were on 'Backorder', therefore I canceled my order and never heard anything from them again. On 02/17/2011 at 5:39 AM and I received a call from the following number: 1-203-857-3800 Lipenwald, Inc. - Here's their website, http://www.lipenwald.com . They told since I ordered the "Elvis Commemorative $2 Bill" I'm going to receive "FREE" Obama Coins or something, I didn't pay too much to it as I didn't really care. I told them, I never received the "Elvis Commemorative $2 Bill" as I canceled the order, therefore this offer will be void. Well apparently not as of this morning, 2/18/2011 at 3:54 AM, I was charged $26.90 USD "NEW ENGLAND MINT, NORWALK, CT" for something I was going to get for FREE, but technically voided as I canceled it, but yet now I'm getting charged? I'm going to making some phone calls in the morning. I'll keep you posted as I receive updates. Just as a note, I never did order 'anything' from New England Mint, therefore how did they authorize my card? Therefore brings too a logical explanation someone sold my "Credit Card Information" which is against "Credit Card Regulations", I'm going to take this company down. Let's do some more investigating...

Dj
  18th of Feb, 2011

After contacting "NEW ENGLAND MINT, NORWALK, CT", I told them my situation and they said it will be refunded within 3-4 days and I got really cocky with them and they hung up on me as they took it has a threat. I called back right away and as I was being 'transferred' they disconnected therefore they were screening my calls, I attempted one more time to be sure and disconnected me again, I private called them (*67) and I was able to get through, Ironic? huh...I told them I didn't order this and I would like the status of this order. They said it has been shipped, Well the first person I talked too said it will be refunded within 3-4 days and mentioned too me it was 'Canceled' and this representative said it has already been shipped out and if I wanted a full refund, I would have to refuse this order "WHEN"/"IF"(EVER) the package arrives and I will do so after; I take a picture of the package for "Proof" I received it, write down the "tracking number" to look it up online and hopefully the UPS/FedEx/USPS person can give me a receipt of refusal to show "Proof" I refused, with that said. Picture in hand, I received it, Tracking number in hand to print out documentation for proof of refusal, not to mention a written receipt from the shipper -- and if everything goes as planned and if I don't get refunded I'll be going after this company. I told them this was NOT authorized and to remove my credit card information from their system anymore charges after the fact will be considered fraud...fraud anyway.