Netgear / scam technical support
Purchased a Netgear wall mount range extender and did not get the "boost" I was expecting.
I called tech support and the tech asked to link to my laptop and I agreed to let him. The tech ran "msconfig" and said I had services stopped by a virus. He then ran a couple of IPCONFIG cmds and stated that I had over 400 Trojan viruses and that he would need about 45 minutes to get rid of them and that I would be charged. I declined to pay any money for what could not be true as I am diligent in scanning for viruses, rootkits, malware/adware and have a great deal of experience with virus removal.
More Netgear Complaints & Reviews
- Netgear - terrible customer support 
- Netgear - Gearhead - lousy support, poor product knowledge, fraudulent sales techniques, very long wait times and dropped calls and no resolution 
- Netgear N150 Wireless Router - lousy tech support 
- Netgear - fraud? 
- Netgear N600 Router, Wndr3700v2 - bad support
- Netgear - nighthawk r7900/defective
- Netgear - netgear base station vmb3000
- Netgear - arlo security camera
- Netgear - arlo pro 2 dual camera system
- Netgear - r7000p