Netgear N300 Wireless Router / not standing behind lifetime warranty

Roberts, WI, United States
Phone: 715-531-1947

NetGear products list a lifetime warranty on their product but don't/won't stand behind the product and offer an RMA for product replacement when router not working properly. I made 4+ calls, was disconnected 4 times, and spent more than an hour and a half on hold during these four calls from which I was disconnected. All I was asking for was an RMA so that I could send this router back in order to have them send me one that worked. They wanted my credit card number in order to help me because I was out of the 90 day Tech Support window.
I spoke with tech reps 2886, 1493, 1301 and another, all from which I was disconnected at some point during the hold or tech support call process.
Not the kind of thing I'd expect when I'm calling a company with an issue about their product.
My recommendation - do not buy a NetGear router that indicates that it comes with a lifetime warranty on the box, thinking that there is any kind of warranty with the product. They are mis-representing their lifetime warranty support on the products and are very frustrating to deal with.

Wi