Neoset Canada / Non-payment of salary

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I worked for Neoset Canada for a short while and it was a nightmare. Almost from the getgo I had to deal with irate customers who had been waiting six months and longer for furniture ordered from Greece. While the company blames its employees, the politics in Greece, the port strikes and so on, the actual truth is shocking! The money from new orders is used to pay for outstanding orders.

The offices in Greece confirmed that shipments to Canada were delayed due to non-payment by Neoset Canada, and not the political unrest. It would seem from what the owner, Greg Pappas, and his director, Eleanor Reynolds, say that Greece has been closed for business for over a year - anyone with half a brain can work out that they are complete liars!

This note is posted to warn people about this company. DO NOT BUY PRODUCT FROM NEOSET CANADA!

Comments

28th of Mar, 2009

maybe you need half a brain or dont have one

29th of Mar, 2009

With regard to Neoset Canada, I recently learned that Eleanor Reynolds is not responsible for the financial side of the business, and retract any comments made about her.

• Ad
      1st of Apr, 2009

I also was an employee of Neoset Canada for approximately three weeks. I along with a few other employees left after we were informed that we would not be receiving a paycheque due to financial difficulties. After numerous failed attempts to get my wages paid to me, I have now submitted a claim to the Ministry of Labour and to the Better Business Bureau. How can Neoset still be conducting business as usual? They even have signs LOOKING FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME EMPLOYEES (What! to work for free????). We have a very flawed system!

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM NEOSET CANADA AT THIS TIME.

PS - What does Maryjane mean by her comment???

2nd of Apr, 2009

I think that Maryjane is the ex-director herself!!! I'm not surprised that her comment doesn't make any sense.

I also heard that she's out and looking for a job herself, and you won't believe it, she is upset that people have been trashing her on 'cyberspace', wow!

• Us
      6th of Apr, 2009

I also fell into the Neoset false advertising trap. They offer discounts and tax-free furniture, but never deliver it... and while you keep waiting for it, they're using your money for something else.

Eleanor Reynolds is really a liar and lacks customer service and ethics... please don't even go near Neoset, we shouldn't be patronizing somebody as dishonest as Mrs. Reynolds!!!

• Ex
      9th of Apr, 2009

I am also in a dispute for wages unpaid and I agree 100 percent do not buy from NEOSET! Eleanor and Greg Pappas are liars and cheats!! I also think that they are having an affair!

• Us

Bad news everybody!

I tried to contact Neoset Head office, using the phone number shown on their webpage and I got the message: "We're sorry, the number dialed is not in service"

I hope Eleanor Reynolds (and Neoset in general) doesn't get away with this huge scam she pulled off.

There are currently 28 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau of Canada against Neoset, and 20 of them were closed because Neoset never responded (what a surprise!).

BEWARE: Also, avoid at all costs buying in a place called ABODE... it's the same Neoset with a different name (as shown on the BBB webpage)

There must be something that can be done to bring these scammers to justice, and to make them pay back the money they stole.

• Cu
      9th of Apr, 2009

i also worked for this company and movedon because i found something better. its ok to work in retail but hey guys as designers we are better! good luck in your new job seek! check out workopolis and under designer section it works guys, also check out arido they sometimes post to.

• Cu
      9th of Apr, 2009

but i did buy furniture there and dident get it but called credit card and got my refund..thanks karl

9th of Apr, 2009

i always doubt when persons dont identify themselves... obviously i have nothing else to do but chat on useless chat forums like this one and trash people .. ...

• Er
      9th of Apr, 2009

yes they are cheats but i need a job anybody out there wishing ot hire a great sales person?

• Ex

i need a job

10th of Apr, 2009

Actully guys i know everyone is mad but i think we should all cool down and think about this carefully because its easy to trash people. i know personnely that neoset is working with customers who cant get there money back from Visa or other card company to fill there order or offer them something else so i think you guys should stop trashing.

10th of Apr, 2009

take a minute to think about how would you feel if you guys where in there place and people trash you like this...somethink to think about

• Pa
      10th of Apr, 2009

I am a past employee. I worked with Neoset for close to five years. The company has been very fair and good to me and my family. I came to Canada to find opportunity 7 years ago, I am a qualified professional but my degree's are not honored here in Canada. I applied to Neoset as a sales/design consultant and was honored to accept a position in this company. I have been treated very fairly and worked hard and met all of the companies expectations. It is wrong to see past employees who worked for this company for a month or less comment as they do. I have shown Neoset on my resume as a past employer and I use Greg Pappas and Eleanor Reynolds as references because they are who I reported to for my tenure. I respect them and I am saddened by the words of expression from 'past or ex employees' who worked for this company for such a short period of time. (less than a month) Especially when they hide behind such comments and dont identify themselves. It hurts all past employees and you who ever you are are damaging the true loyal employees of Neoset. Please stop this inconsiderate behaviour.

11th of Apr, 2009

people also need to understand is that if doing business was that easy than we all would be businessmen and women but its not it has its risk and challenges and not all business do well and have happy customer all the time there is not one business that we can give example off which has happy customer all the time and this site is the big proofed of that because on this site every one come to take there frustration off but we forget that by trashing someone or some business is not going to solve anything

If all Customer who are having problems getting there money back from visa or other credit cards you need to spend your time by calling them and not buy wasting time on the this web site because I'm sure this site is not going to help you get your money back

Also I don’t understand why people are saying bad stuff about neoset it’s not even a Canadian company they just sell there stuff to company in Canada they pulled out of Canada years ago. I still love there furniture it’s a lot better than other product available out in the market

Last but not least please
    LOVE FOR ALL AND HARTRED FOR NON

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

• Ad
      12th of Apr, 2009

Past honoured employee - I understand that Neoset was a good company, treated you well, and had great product (I myself own it and have recommended it), but I do not agree with how customers were duped into buying product they were not going to receive and how people were employed when they were not financially able to pay their wages. That's why I said in my comment I would not buy anything from Neoset "at this time". If the company pulls through this (and I hope they do) then I still recommend the furniture and I would purchase it again.

12th of Apr, 2009

Hi godfather - welcome to our democratic society, where people can express themselves, not to vent, but also to warn other people from being duped, also where there are laws against illegal business activities, and which will catch the offenders, eventually.

It is fraudulent conduct to accept orders that you don't implement; it is fraudulent to employ people and intend not to pay them; it is illegal as an employer not to issue paperwork for ex-employees when fired so that they can receive unemployment benefits; it is fraudulent to issue cheques for which there is no cover; these are but a few of the illegal activities that Neoset is guilty of. Most businesses do not intend to defraud their customers nor their employees of their money.

Furthermore, Neoset Canada Inc. is a Canadian incorporated company that 'broke away' from it's international base, which company did not 'pull out' of Canada. The Canadian owners incorporated to have full control here and to receive maximum profits. How long did you say you worked there, godfather?

Best wishes for a new venture, nonetheless.

12th of Apr, 2009

Past Honoured Employee - How nice for you that Neoset treated you well, and not 'shabbily', if you know what I mean. How many people bought furniture from you, when you knew full well that there was little chance they would receive their order? Are you not even a little saddened for the people whose hard-earned money was spent illegally by the company? Do you think that they are remotely comforted by the fact that you were treated fairly while you yourself were duping them too?

Anyone who worked there knew the situation - do not pretend that you didn't, and don't defend people who deliberately lied to everyone.

• Da
      14th of Apr, 2009

Lindyloo, thanks for putting things in perspective here. I'm really surprised by these comments from people defending Neoset and Eleanor Reynold or Greg Pappas. I'm one of the hundreds of customers in the GTA that was lied to and defrauded by Neoset, and there is no justifying how customers were treated. I'm sure the sales rep who sold me my furniture knew very well that there were delivery problems, but still said nothing, assured me 6-8 weeks delivery time, and took my deposit money. That's just unethical. I would never be able to do that to someone. But despite the fact that certain individual sales people have questionable morals, I would place the most blame on Eleanor Reynolds and Greg Pappas because they were responsible for running a business honestly, and if furniture couldn't be delivered, they should have closed shop and not continued to lie to customers and take their money.

I don't know who made the business decisions between those two, but I know that as the "sales and marketing director" and the "president" of the company they should have at least returned customer phone calls and e-mails and processed refunds for furniture not delivered. But they completely ignored everyone and continued to defraud customers by taking orders that couldn't be filled. Incredibly this scam was continued not for a month or two, but for at least over half a year. So to re-iterate the many comments floating around on the internet: Future employers: DO NOT hire Eleanor Reynolds or Greg Pappas. They are morally corrupt individuals and will run your business into the ground just like they did with NEOSET. Do you really want someone working for you company who is willing to defraud customers? Do you want to suffer the legal consequences of that? I wouldn't.