NCO Financial / Calling me to get at a family member

NCO Financial called me at work (at work!) wanting me to pass along a message to a family member who had been turned over to them. I orded them to never ever call me again, and especially not at work. However, I used my cell phone to return the call. Today they called my cell phone. I have had it! I have an excellent credit score, and yet they are harassing me with the hope that I will harass a family member. Is that even legal? Can a company really call me and harass me in order to get at a family member (not a spouse, mind you) . . . I called my brother and found out that he too has been harassed by NCO Financial with the same request to have our family member call NCO Financial. This is beyond ridiculous! Both my brother and I have very good credit scores and should not be getting called by a collection agency. NCO apparently has no boundaries, and, based on what I have read online that led me to this complaint forum, no regard for the law.

Comments

• Be
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Ticked off
    You have the right to be ticked off. What they did was illegal. if you can prove that they called you at your work place, about a non dependant family member, you and that family member could be able to collect from them. It sounds like they violated about three to four FDCPA laws. Go to my web site, http://www.beatthedebtcollector.com/index.htm and look at the FDCPA section. On the home page, and sponsor page you can find products that can help you deal with these slime balls. You must stand for your rights and make them pay for their abuses. Also leave a comment on my blog page http://blog.beatthedebtcollector.com/