National Rifle Association - NRA / Numerous unsolicited phone calls

We have been receiving numerous unsolicited phone calls (3-5 calls per day) from the NRA. I was a former member of the NRA however I choose not to renew my membership. I have emailed NRA to stop harassing us with all of their phone calls . Our efforts have been unsuccessful as we continue to receive numerous phone calls from the NRA on a daily basis.

We are contacting our local phone company and the FTC.

Again I DO NOT want to renew my membership and we have communicated this information to the NRA on several occasions.

Can you please intercede on our behalf and order the NRA to stop calling our home phone number and order the NRA to cease their daily attempts? We consider this an invasion of our privacy as well as being a obvious form of harassment.

John M. Karl

Comments

• Il
      6th of Apr, 2009

John
    I have also experienced this same problem.
    The difference is they have been calling me for over 3 yrs !!! 3-5 times a day !!!
    I just simply don't answer the phone ...
    Wouldn't you think they would give up by now ? no...

thanx
    dave
    Still not renewing my NRA membership.

15th of Mar, 2017

@illinidave http://lifehacker.com/im-a-telemarketer-heres-how-to-get-rid-of-me-1540911401
    Not answering is making it worse, my friend.

5th of Mar, 2018

@illinidave I don't think you're for real!!!

• Di
      24th of May, 2009

These are the same people that put those gutter sluts Bush and Cheney in office. I don't appreciate them calling me and talking about outrageous house bills after their blunders. They need be accountable their selves.

5th of Mar, 2018

@Dick Why not stick to your own playbook and leave the NRA site alone? And keep your political view with your own regressive liberal leftist groupS. You're transgressing the First Amendment right of the NRA and its members, aside from its Second Amendment right that you want to take away.

11th of Aug, 2010

I've had my membership lapse 6 times over the years and have never had an experience like this. The NRA has not even called me once. Maybe your $29 is worth more than mine.

5th of Mar, 2018

@mattsrwv Of course. You're an American the bloggers are not. They are the same group hired by regressive liberal leftist who don't value our constitution. I won't be surprised George Soros paid them to do what they're doing.

• M2
      16th of Aug, 2010

I am experiencing the same thing. I have asked them over and over to stop calling. Yesterday I told them if I get another call, I would file a complaint against them. My phone just rang and it was them again. I support the Second Amendment wholeheartedly but their barrage of phone calls is simply outrageous.

5th of Mar, 2018

@M2M2K You've got to be kidding! What you're saying is hogwash!

• Al
      8th of Mar, 2018

@Who is J.G? not at all it is happening to me

• Tr
      19th of Sep, 2010

I was banned from facebook!
    I was a friend of the NRA page.I grew up hunting, joined army...i like guns.
    NRA did nothing but advertise for gun factories.I`m thinking NRA gets paid for it.They also have a good income from membership fees.
    I typed a post saying they should put some of the money to good use and help protect gun ownership rights.NRA must have reported me as harassing them.I was banned from site w/o warning.
    The local newspaper here doesn`t allow guns sales in classsified section, why would facebook allow it?

15th of Mar, 2017

@tree11 Facebook doesn't. It's hard to regulate. A lot of facebook pages try to prevent posts like these because many people are acquiring guns illegally

5th of Mar, 2018

@tree11 I don't think what you're saying could hold water in the mind of those computer savvy persons. NRA is busy with other very substantial matters that yours is too inconsequential to attend to. You're not a fan of NRA. I would even submit that you're a robot paid for by leftists anti-gun groups.

• St
      13th of Nov, 2010

11/13/2010 I am having the same problem. I just wrote to this IDIOT Martin Stewart jr. and said i will file a law suit against him and his STUPID telemarketers. I also will contact the FCC which wont do anything about the harassment. because they also are stuck way beyond STUPID. So a law suite will be filed in the state of Illinois. Steve H Alsip, IL

5th of Mar, 2018

@Steve Hill sr Do as you said. Let's see the relevancy of your complaint.

• Su
      11th of Dec, 2010

I did put do not call complaint last month ago. They still call us because we are hearing impairment. They still keep on to call us but we won't answer anymore. Reason that our phone is using internet. We don't have any phone anymore. Our phone is 860-870-4071. Please stop to call us period.

• Jy
      10th of May, 2011

We are getting these calls as well. It is truly harrassment when we demand to be taken off their call list but to no avail. Our home number (as well as, cell numbers) are on the national do not call registry. Guess that the NRA feels "above" that. They are going to end up with a VERY bad reputation. Now, they just call and hang up. Such class. I wonder if any of their folks even keep up on this site to see how they are being perceived. Doubt it. That would require more than 4 teeth.

• Cd
      24th of Apr, 2012

I am getting "survey" calls from "NRA 703-659-9997" several times daily, with no obvious way to stop them. This is harassment. I am not a member and never was.

5th of Mar, 2018

@cdmusa Another robot on the march to malign NRA.

• Fe
      3rd of Nov, 2012

We have been experiencing the same problems. Numerous unsolicitied calls. Their outrageous misinformation. How can they be stopped? I have tried to call them but you can't get to them and their little secret society. If anyone has been successful at contacting them to complain, please post the phone number. I don't want to send them an email. I want to call over and over again and flood their phone lines with complaints. I don't know that it will have any effect on these arrogant, self-righteous extremists, but it sure would be fun. I want them to know over and over again that I support Obama just like they tell me over and over again who I should support. My calls would be strictly political.

I will also be calling the FCC. Don't get discouraged with the FCC. Keep calling. Their staff is probably overworked, and the more calls they get, the more they will see a problem to address.

5th of Mar, 2018

@Fed up with NRA NRA doesn't spend any money to solicit you to become a member. It's advertisement is to the general public, never to individual. NRA spends its funding in the proper use, training, education, responsibility of gun ownership. Whoever is calling you is not NRA! Perhaps, your own regressive liberal leftist acquaintances are the culprits.

• Re
      25th of Jul, 2014

Yep it's pathetic 2-3 calls a day for a year three written request dozens of cases of being called a communist or worse there supposed to stand for rights but there one of the worst violators in the country I have over 500 documented calls and contracted the FCC yesterday to begin a complaint

There much more of a issue than the anti gun people they make those of us that believe in the 2nd amendment look crazy

• Wa
      26th of Jul, 2014

ok I am gonna help you all out...I got a job thinking wow working for the people who fight for our second amendment rights...I am one of those people that call you guys I quit my job yesterday I just could'nt take it anymore I felt like I was harassing people calling them daily and the contributions you have to ask for is outrageous...and if anyone ever decides to donate I just want you to know that you are promised a gift for that contribution there is a catch to that though they will send you a card asking you to send it back if you want the gift...people throw it away before reading it since the NRA bombards them with junk mail and people toss it with the rest of the NRA garbage and believe me they anticipate that will happen that's why they do it that way...They tell us if you ask to be put on a no call list that it may take 30 days to get into the system but I honestly dont believe the NRA actually puts you on there..the best way is to listen to the spill and proceed to tell them know when they are finished with the call I must tell you that callers are required to ask at least twice for a different amount and gift if you still arent interested simply say no and then they shouldnt call back unless you are on more than one file and you need to do the same for each file until you opt out of it completely.please be gentle with the callers though they are there to do their job to support their families...If you really wanna be aggravated with someone direct it to Wayne Lapierre himself..He is a fat greedy [censored] he is the one that has set all of this crap up..I was a telemarketer and btw I still have all my teeth haha but he is the one that sits on his lard a$$ while we do all the work and he makes the rules telemarketers are only doing their job.just so were clear I do not agree with the way the NRA tries to drain people I loathe Wayne

5th of Mar, 2018

@Wayne Lapierre sux ballz You're in the wrong place then. Your virtual reality is on the march. You're more imagination than reality in this case. Go where you can contribute your talent or lack of it. But please don't work as a telemarketer and complain about hard sale tactic. You know marketing is not for everybody. You should know it by now. Stop blaming your inadequacy to those who paid you to do the kind of job you apparently hate. I wish you luck to find your niche in a line of work you may serve better.

• Re
      27th of Feb, 2015
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

For me, it's email... 2-3 per day. I don't even know how I got on their mailing list in the first place, let alone how they got my email address. So for the first three months or so, I tried to unsubscribe using the link in every email I got from them, but it had absolutely no effect... Eventually I tried writing, then calling in my request to be removed, all to no avail. I've long since given up on being left alone by Lapierre and his crazies...

Ironically, I was only slightly left of neutral toward the NRA when they started mailing me; after the incessant harassment, I was inspired to do some research and soul searching, and as a result, have become completely opposed, not only to Lapierre and the NRA, but to the 2nd Amendment itself, and the "right" to bear arms/form a militia. The reason for the 2nd Amendment was so that citizens could arm themselves in rebellion against tyranny if necessary. Unless the right to bear arms is expanded to include much bigger guns, tanks, missiles, fighter jets, and nukes, the machines of war rendered the 2nd Amendment obsolete sometime around World War 1...
    So thanks to Lapierre and his crazies for the daily harassment that provoked me to actually think through the issue, and to take the following stance:

REPEAL THE 2nd AMENDMENT!

Now, if I could only figure out a way to unsubscribe from their damned mailing list...

15th of Mar, 2017

@REPEAL THE 2nd AMENDMENT Say: "Take me off your mailing list to the solicitor"

15th of Mar, 2017

@REPEAL THE 2nd AMENDMENT Also, why stop at the second amendment? REPEAL THE CONSTITUTION, ELECT BERNIE SANDERS, VAPE SOME CLOUDS, COMMUNISM FOR AMERICA

21st of Mar, 2015

i was getting at least 5 emails a day, every time i got one i would unsubscribe, they finally stopped, i still get renewal notices by mail every week wanting me to renew even after i have, when i renewed i picked the digital copy of a magazine which i don't get, i have contacted them about it and never get a reply, the free gift i picked for subscribing i never got either they just sent that stupid damn hat.and the biggest gripe i have about them is their scare tactics about Obama and all his evil friends and they need me to send them a contribution, and oh yea i need to purchase extra life insurance for me and my spouse, of which they sent me the paper work with all my name misspelled and my birthday was wrong, what the hell, im so important to the''cause''and they don't know who i am and never get back to me when i have a question, i will never renew my subscription again, i will take my chances with Obama

5th of Mar, 2018

@mark norman Are you one of those stooges that gets paid to do what you're doing. I bet you're not a real person but simply one of the antidotes belonging to George Soros.

• Jj
      27th of Mar, 2015

I had no idea until now that Norquist, whom radical Islamic slime balls carry around in their pocket was on the NRA Board.
    Are you crazy? It is because of those who appear to own and operate ### like him that we need high powered rifles. If he is not removed from the NRA I shall not be able to renew my membership.

Sincerely,

JJ Prasch

• Gr
      25th of Jul, 2015

I am a prior Marine and all for weapon safety. I don't own any fire arms but I do have a concern about an unsafe training academy/ firing range. I noticed that Eymard's Shooting Academy was recognized on NRA website. I don't have an issue with having a range but it is adjacent to my property, 96 feet north of me and has no side berms. I read some regulations on line and looked at photos of ranges and his is not even remotely close to being safe. I can't go on my property with out worrying about stray bullets. Also there is a protection levee behind range, but rounds can go over that also and people fish in the marsh directly behind range.I have read that there is suppose to be 1 to 5 miles of free land and that is not the case here. He is also building a skeet shooting range now. The property that he is on is only about 196 feet wide and 3200 feet deep. I know that NRA is all about safety and I would like to be able to use my property safely. The property is not zoned, but our family members used to picnic and fish from time to time and that freedom has been taken away. The range is on Hwy. 3235 in Cut Off, La. If you would like to contact me my name is Alan Thibodaux, email agmst@viscom.net Thanks for your time and I would appreciate any help available.

• Wi
      12th of Jan, 2016

The NRA is turning into a Scam operation and they don't care about losing long time members like me. I was contacted by phone to renew my NRA membership the lady told me if I renew with here they would send me the NRA knife . Guess what I got another hat which I needed like a hole in the had. I contacted customer service and was treated like a unimportant I don't know what. Said be happy with the hat as like I needed the 10th NRA hat when I was looking forward to receiving the KNIFE. Would not even offer to send pickup for hat and give me the knife. My opinion is the NRA is a money grabing useless origination. I am glad they do not need Members as that tells me there is no gun rights problem and they create the problems.

• Co
      15th of May, 2016

I have been receiving numerous phone calls also, but I am not a NRA member, but have gotten newsletters from them because of subscribing to Conservative newsletters etc. When we answer the phone we get no answer. This is really getting annoying. Either it's a mistake or it's harassment. " C. Baumgardner "

15th of Mar, 2017

@Connie B. NRA solicitors are required to wait 4 rings or 30 seconds, you could be either getting disconnected or accidentally hung up on

• Pu
      28th of May, 2016

I am a 63 year old woman. I am so tired of The NRA calling everyday, Different times, Different numbers each time. Today I took the call, So I could tell them off, and tell them STOP!!! Calling me. Told them remove my number. This has been going on now, every day for 2 weeks. I have never been a member nor do I own any guns!!

15th of Mar, 2017

@pupshor59 Telling "Phone Solicitors" Off makes you look stupid, no offence mam' But they're getting paid to get yelled at, and a lot of them LOVE it. Ask them POLITELY and STOUT to take you off the call list, and the mailing list.
    You're welcome

• Du
      26th of Dec, 2016

I have not been getting calls or emails from the NRA but similar to AARP when I gave them my email address I get about 50 spam email a day. I called and complained they said they would get me off those lists and it should reduced down in a couple weeks. This is really annoying and should be illegal to sell emails to spam.

15th of Mar, 2017

@dubajm http://lifehacker.com/im-a-telemarketer-heres-how-to-get-rid-of-me-1540911401